Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,245 members, 7,822,271 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Help! My Dream Is Slipping Away. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Help! My Dream Is Slipping Away. (2133 Views)

How I Lost My Dream Job Without Collecting 1 Month Salary - Meme Collection / Meet The 10yrs Old Liberian Girl Whose Dream Is To Play For Real Madrid / Help! An Hospital Denied Me Of Getting My Dream Job. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Dream Is Slipping Away. by helpmydream242: 3:00pm On Aug 22, 2015
Dear Nairaland,

Kayode is my name, a second class upper(2'1) graduate of the premier university of Ibadan from the department of Agricultural Economics.

Because I know the category of people I'm directing this message to don't have the luxury of time to read a lengthy post, I will go straight to the point.

I'm an intelligent and responsible young man with proven record of integrity, discipline and hard work. I served in different leadership position while in school to a point I was awarded an award of leadership excellent. And after leaving school in 2010 and served 2011/12, all the jobs I've gotten has been in sales/marketing, and being someone with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, I found it easy and I've been quite productive/successful.

Today, I have established my little company and now a privileged employer of labour. I can say I'm a bit financially okay as an entrepreneur, but despite that, I still feel so uncomfortable and unfulfilled in my life because I'm not living my dream.

My dream is working in the risk management department and becoming a globally respected risk manager in a financial institution. I so much have passion for professionalism, and each time I feel I only make money and not a professional risk manager I always want to be , I fill incomplete.

In this vein, I will be eternally grateful to Nairaland if you can help me move this post to the front page, all I need now is a financial institution to offer me JOB in risk management department for FREE. They shouldn't pay me, just to serve them for a period enough to gain professional experience.

It's not about the money, It's about my passion and fulfillment. I'm in Lagos here and ready to resume work any time.

Whoever is interested in helping me should contact me through helpmydream242@gmail.com.

Thanks and God bless.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Dream Is Slipping Away. by toys2seven(m): 3:11pm On Aug 22, 2015
Hmmm... Na wa o. Risk management. Wish I could help.
Re: Help! My Dream Is Slipping Away. by Samexdx(m): 3:27pm On Aug 22, 2015
Inteligent nairalanders come and advise him
Re: Help! My Dream Is Slipping Away. by yomi007k(m): 3:59pm On Aug 22, 2015
Baba, ur doing well.
Do u know how many people wud kill n steal just to be in ur shoes.

THIS IS AFRICA. Dreams hardly come true here. But u can actually CHANGE/MODIFY ur dream.
And speaking 4m experience ur dream shud be "To do exceptionally well in any sector u find ur self".

Don't destroy wat u have.
Kapish.
Re: Help! My Dream Is Slipping Away. by semochendo1(m): 9:17pm On Aug 22, 2015
Hummm, I wish I could help.

Ishilove, lalasticlala,
Please moderators, help this man push this thing to front page. If he finally land his dream job, he won't forget NL.

It's well bro.
Re: Help! My Dream Is Slipping Away. by Olabestonic001(m): 9:53pm On Aug 22, 2015
Dear Kayode sir,
Your dream must NEVER be modify or ADJUSTED if you are passionate about it sir.
Let me share my life experience with you.
I wanted Electrical engineering all my life. I wanted a Power Engineering as a career. In 2004/2005, I was given a course which is not my choice at OOU. I thought getting a good grade will ensure I crossed dept to electrical engineering easily but alas it was the most difficult thing I ever encountered in my life. Doing URP(a wonderful course no doubt), I was always feeling unfulfilled. I left OOU when I should be in my 4th year for LAUTECH and was given Physics again. You will just assume providence does not want me to be an electrical engr; but I was more than resolute to pay the sacrifice. One of it is I wont settle down for marriage early in life! I've always wished to marry at a tender age but I had to sacrifice it for my dream. In my 200L again at LAUTECH (when my peers were in 500L), I applied to change to electrical (and thankfully GOD helped me).
Fast forward to after NYSC, I got a job before my POP as a Logistic Officer, average pay. However, this was not was I dreamt of! I left after 2 months(foolish you'll echo) but[b] I knew that for my TALL DREAM, I most pay all legal dues[/b].
I was also given an appointment with FBNMFB. A day before my resumption, I knew in my spirit, I was not still gonna fulfil my dream. So, instead of resuming for duty, I went to resign. Then months of waiting started off (thank GOD for godly parents!, they believed in me even when I was almost 3 decades years old). I got another in an engineering role and after some times,I got a dream job:Yes, in an EPC.
That's much sacrifice cos I paid hugely for it (yes, by GOD'S GRACE). But, I got my dream.
No sacrifice is too huge for your dream sir. Look for companies that are into your passion, approach them, pray hard, research hard and with GOD'S leading, go for it. I'd prefer to work for peanuts in my dream than to do other things that I will be unsatisfied with. Life is all about VALUES and you can best give 'original values' in your field. Don't modify or adjust your dream. Don't see others doing your passions and you will be feeling like: Oh, I could have been that or worst still envious.

I love your passion to follow your dream and not money; Remember 3 Idiots.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Dream Is Slipping Away. by semochendo1(m): 11:25pm On Aug 22, 2015
Olabestonic001:
Dear Kayode sir,
I wanted Electrical engineering all my life. I wanted a Power Engineering as a career. In 2004/2005, I was given a course which is not my choice at OOU. I thought getting a good grade will ensure I crossed dept to electrical engineering easily but alas it was the most difficult thing I ever encountered in my life. Doing URP(a wonderful course no doubt), I was always feeling unfulfilled. I left OOU when I should be in my 4th year for LAUTECH and was given Physics again. You will just assume providence does not want me to be an electrical engr; but I was more than resolute to pay the sacrifice. One of it is I wont settle down for marriage early in life! I've always wished to marry at a tender age but I had to sacrifice it for my dream. In my 200L again at LAUTECH (when my peers were in 500L), I applied to change to electrical (and thankfully GOD helped me).
Fast forward to after NYSC, I got a job before my POP as a Logistic Officer, average pay. However, this was not was I dreamt of! I left after 2 months(foolish you'll echo) but[b] I knew that for my TALL DREAM, I most pay all legal dues[/b].
I was also given an appointment with FBNMFB. A day before my resumption, I knew in my spirit, I was not still gonna fulfil my dream. So, instead of resuming for duty, I went to resign. Then months of waiting started off (thank GOD for godly parents!, they believed in me even when I was almost 3 decades years old). I got another in an engineering role and after some times,I got a dream job:Yes, in an EPC.
That's much sacrifice cos I paid hugely for it (yes, by GOD'S GRACE). But, I got my dream.
No sacrifice is too huge for your dream sir. Look for companies that are into your passion, approach them, pray hard, research hard and with GOD'S leading, go for it. I'd prefer to work for peanuts in my dream than to do other things that I will be unsatisfied with. Life is all about VALUES and you can best give 'original values' in your field. Don't modify or adjust your dream. Don't see others doing your passions and you will be feeling like: Oh, I could have been that or worst still envious.

Nice one.
Re: Help! My Dream Is Slipping Away. by TemmieDeal: 12:58am On Aug 24, 2015
Am in your shoes too dear. Really cant give an advise. But make do with what you have at the moment.
As for me, i want to be a T.V host and a PR personnel. But naija market keeps throwing me to d back of the camera. Either i get a job as a content manager or a back stage person. I keep writing and writing which aint close to my dream, but you know in this country money must be made.

Sometimes i when doubt if i still got what it takes to be what i want to be because d labour market has shut me up for so long

Presently am as confused as confusion itsef.

Will be willing to tap from any advise given to you

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Dream Is Slipping Away. by helpmydream242: 7:52pm On Aug 25, 2015
I really appreciate your golden pieces of advise. I thank God for what he has done for me, but only those who understand what it takes to have an ungratified passion will feel my plight.

I'm still hoping to get someone to help me out. This is my last move, my last hope..but I believe God can and will do it.

I thought Nairaland moderators will be magnanimous enough to move this to fp to assist me in their own way,.but unfortunately.....
Re: Help! My Dream Is Slipping Away. by helpmydream242: 7:53pm On Aug 25, 2015
TemmieDeal:
Am in your shoes too dear. Really cant give an advise. But make do with what you have at the moment.
As for me, i want to be a T.V host and a PR personnel. But naija market keeps throwing me to d back of the camera. Either i get a job as a content manager or a back stage person. I keep writing and writing which aint close to my dream, but you know in this country money must be made.

Sometimes i when doubt if i still got what it takes to be what i want to be because d labour market has shut me up for so long

We will get there someday.
Re: Help! My Dream Is Slipping Away. by helpmydream242: 7:55pm On Aug 25, 2015
Olabestonic001:
Dear Kayode sir,

Thanks for the encouragement Sir.
Re: Help! My Dream Is Slipping Away. by helpmydream242: 8:01pm On Aug 25, 2015
semochendo1:
Hummm, I wish I could help.

Ishilove, lalasticlala,
Please moderators, help this man push this thing to front page. If he finally land his dream job, he won't forget NL.

It's well bro.

Thanks for your concern Sir. It's unfortunate NL is not there when I need them most. They can move posts like Davido hanging out with his baby mama and those kind of useless posts to the Fp, while leaving the ones that will affect lives in the corners of the forum.
Re: Help! My Dream Is Slipping Away. by egopersonified(f): 8:22pm On Aug 25, 2015
lalasticlala, for the first and last time in all my time on nairaland, please front page. At least 80% of nairalanders and moderators are in the same boat with the op. Please no one should ask how I got this percentage, it is personally generated.

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Dream Is Slipping Away. by waywardpikin: 10:20pm On Aug 25, 2015
TemmieDeal:

Hello I would love to chat with you if you don't mind. I'm in the same field as you, would love us to rub minds. I'll send you a pm.
Re: Help! My Dream Is Slipping Away. by helpmydream242: 7:18am On Aug 26, 2015
egopersonified:
lalasticlala, for the first and last time in all my time on nairaland, please front page. At least 80% of nairalanders and moderators are in the same boat with the op. Please no one should ask how I got this percentage, it is personally generated.

ThAnk you so much Ma, I've patiently waited to see if the moderators will respect your time spent online with them as mentioned, but unfortunately they don't.

While reading this post last night, coincidentally I saw that lalasticla was viewing it at the same time, but yet he still sees no reason moving it to the front page.

Even God, when you can remind him of good things you have done, he grants requests, but here are humans...
Re: Help! My Dream Is Slipping Away. by micronut(m): 11:44am On Aug 26, 2015
Ishlove, seun, lalasticlala............This op needs ur lift!

At the call of these three names, every crawling threads must move. So, i say unto you today, all u movers of crippling topics, hear the word of God and do accordingly..

FRONT PAGE PLS!!!!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Help! My Dream Is Slipping Away. by MrsAnyanwu(f): 12:06pm On Aug 26, 2015
micronut:

At the call of these three names, every crawling threads must move. So, i say unto you today, all u movers of crippling topics, hear the word of God and do accordingly..

ur so funny ,I swear
Re: Help! My Dream Is Slipping Away. by chubysoft1(m): 1:26pm On Aug 26, 2015
It is well bro. Mods, kindly do the needful and push it up to fpt. It may change his life for better.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Dream Is Slipping Away. by GodnGold: 3:00pm On Aug 26, 2015
micronut:

You got me laughing.Op,be patient,what works for ade may not eork for Ete.Will keep you in prayers.Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Dream Is Slipping Away. by olumayowaakin(m): 4:55pm On Aug 26, 2015
Whatsoever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, that's what I'm doing, you can't remain in the same spot all your life. As I'm typing this, I'm also talking to myself. Look at it from this angle, maybe God is preparing you for that your dream.

Stay bless bro!

1 Like

Re: Help! My Dream Is Slipping Away. by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 26, 2015
"Nigeria always gives Lemon, you're always expected to make Lemon Juice from it"

1 Like

Re: Help! My Dream Is Slipping Away. by helpmydream242: 6:39pm On Aug 26, 2015
micronut:

Thank you so much Sir. I really appreciate.
Re: Help! My Dream Is Slipping Away. by snadguy007(m): 6:41pm On Aug 26, 2015
Olabestonic001:
Dear Kayode sir,

Wish I'd seen your story like some months ago, maybe my mind would have been at rest right now.

I lost the opportunity to become what i aspired to be because of pressure from parents and money factor. Wish i can have the opportunity again.
Re: Help! My Dream Is Slipping Away. by helpmydream242: 6:42pm On Aug 26, 2015
richiejaggs:
"Nigeria always gives Lemon, you're always expected to make Lemon Juice from it"

You are right Sir, life has given me no job, but I've created jobs for the jobless from my early joblessness. But the truth is, if life give you a lemon and you turn it into a lemon juice, you would still be thirsty in a way if what you need if water and not lemon juice...It's about passion, not money.
Re: Help! My Dream Is Slipping Away. by waywardpikin: 9:13pm On Aug 26, 2015
Re: Help! My Dream Is Slipping Away. by helpmydream242: 9:51am On Aug 27, 2015
waywardpikin:

Sorry can't access my email. Add me on BBM 5579D291.
Alright Sir. Wil do the needful.
Re: Help! My Dream Is Slipping Away. by Olabestonic001(m): 9:58am On Aug 27, 2015
snadguy007:

Wish I'd seen your story like some months ago, maybe my mind would have been at rest right now.

I lost the opportunity to become what i aspired to be because of pressure from parents and money factor. Wish i can have the opportunity again.

My dear brother, its NEVER too late. Move TODAY sir! I believe its never too late in life. You can look forward today. Buy another UTME form (my parents do not know till about my LAUTECH admission processes till I had secure the admission), I had resigned at jobs (I kept hunting for the right one).
To me its NEVER EVER going to be too late. Revisit that part of 3 months ago. Recreate that opportunity for yourself (yes, it could take years and tears to recover 3 months lost, but you can reclaim it. If you do, it will end up become a source of maturity for you). Parents are wonderful and want the beat for us. But NEVER let them hijack your future for their personal reasons or interest. Beg them to support you but be ready to move forward if they don't . They could end up learning one or two things from you when the LORD help you to achieve your aim. In those days of my trials, mum and dad will wake me up in the night and beg me to just do with the course I was given. I will tearfully beg them to help my aspiration. An old professor once persuaded and appeased me to let go, I just begged him to assist my aspiration.
You must be ready to cry through! You must be ready to do all things that are morally upright to achieve your aim. You will not just gain your ambition but you will mature greatly.

I will support you if you need me sir.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Dream Is Slipping Away. by waywardpikin: 12:32pm On Aug 27, 2015
TemmieDeal:

Sorry can't access my email. Add me on BBM 5579D291.
Re: Help! My Dream Is Slipping Away. by helpmydream242: 1:26pm On Aug 28, 2015
olumayowaakin:
Whatsoever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, that's what I'm doing, you can't remain in the same spot all your life. As I'm typing this, I'm also talking to myself. Look at it from this angle, maybe God is preparing you for that your dream.

Stay bless bro!

Thank you Sir.
Re: Help! My Dream Is Slipping Away. by helpmydream242: 12:31pm On Aug 31, 2015
Still waiting...
Re: Help! My Dream Is Slipping Away. by helpmydream242: 6:14pm On Nov 28, 2015
I'm still hoping and waiting on the lord....
Re: Help! My Dream Is Slipping Away. by ckuteg(f): 12:24am On Nov 29, 2015
Olabestonic001:
Dear Kayode sir,

Yea the 3 idiots( I just love them)...make your passion your profession (so I added this......then work becomes play)

(1) (2) (Reply)

347 Million Annual Salary.: Nigeria Highest Paid Ceo / Japa with the UK Global Talent Visa in 2023. Avoid these mistakes. / Employment Benefits With A Post Graduate Diploma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.