Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

The Redeemed Church And God On Opposite Paths - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Redeemed Church And God On Opposite Paths (3151 Views)

Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" / The Redeemed Christian Church Of God (RCCG) Official Anthem mp3 / Edo Redeemed Church Campaigns For Ize-Iyamu? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Redeemed Church And God On Opposite Paths by FreshGreen: 7:44pm On Aug 22, 2015
THE REDEEMED CHURCH AND GOD ON OPPOSITE PATHS

A proverb in Nigeria says, "When a plantain is spoiling, we say no, it is only ripping well" An unripe plantain is rich and contains several nutrients, and when it begins to ripe, it looses its nutrients and could cause health damages, but then it becomes finer, and sweeter; it becomes more presentable and attractive. The same thing is applicable with RCCG and many churches today. But the focus is on RCCG here. The founder of this church, Rev. Akindayomin, a man of holiness and righteousness, God called him and gave him a covenant church, that is Redeemed Christian Church of God - RCCG.

Then the church was unpopular because of its strict stand on holiness and righteousness. They were called "Gospel church" those who preached holiness and stood for it. They were not after materials stuffs, their sisters dressed godly, not flamboyantly, all of them were content with little and sharing with all.When their choir ministered, people bowed their heads in sober mood by the heavenly touch of the singing ministration, not like the jumping, shouting and crazy yelling with entertainment choir of today. Then companies were writing the church for employment because of the faithfulness and diligence of their members. I would not have joined them because of their standard of holiness since I was not saved then. That was the RCCG I knew when I was in Ilesha, Osun state in 1989 to early 90s.

But today, RCCG is more popular, richer and everywhere, in fact, they are proud of their parishes in every corner of Nigeria and many other countries, they are the fastest and still growing church, beautiful auditoriums everywhere. In Abuja here where I live, RCCG is like the richest church. But where are their godly virtues of old? They have exchanged their spiritual riches for materials and financial riches, they boast of financial riches while they are spiritually miserable. I lived in Redemption camp for full 6 months in 2010, and with what I saw in the dept of RCCG - the corruption, sexual immorality, unfaithfulness, etc. among the core leaders to the least members, I can categorically say this church is spiritually poor. A church where a music director wanted to sleep with a sister choir before permitting her to sing praise and worship at the Holy Ghost night? And God cannot open the eyes of the GO to discern or detect sins among people close to him and rebuke it openly as Apostle Peter did in Acts chapter 5, the GO can only discern blessings and upcoming prosperity?

Why has RCCG changed to opposite of where they stood before? Or why did Pastor Adeboye changed the landmark God gave to Rev. Akindayomin, which he upheld till he died? And you, you who were saved and brought up in the old faith when you were young, in secondary school and university fellowships, now you have joined the modern church system and worldly dress and have abandoned your beginning, seeing it as old school?

The Bible standard has gone elsewhere because of crave for population. If you are a member, worker or leader in RCCG, how many messages or books of Rev. Akindayomin do you have or have you read or listen to? Maybe none! RCCG is the only church where materials and works of the immediate past GO is evacuated almost completely. As if the books and messages of their founder who also was the immediate past leader were totally removed. None of his books or messages are promoted or reprinted, at least for every member to have access to the teachings and messages of the founder of their church. This present GO and admins will never do that, you know why? Their lifestyles, prayers and preachings are opposite the messages and standard of Rev. Akindayomin, so they CAN NEVER PROMOTE THE MESSAGES OR BOOKS of Pa Akindayomin in their present spiritual condition. Do you know any church on earth where the messages and books of the church founder and immediate past General Overseer is completely eradicated from the same church with no trace? Only in RCCG.

If God should open the eyes of Pa Akindayomin in heaven to see the church he left on earth, he will be weeping now, so also heaven is weeping on RCCG. But you are celebrating RCCG as a successful church, popular and powerful even to Aso villa here in Abuja.

The case of Pa Akindayomin and Pastor Adeboye is like the case of David and Solomon in the Bible. David fought the good fight of Faith, so also did Pa Akindayomin - we know how Pa Akindayomin started and how he ended well. But Solomon did no fighting, rather he did many buildings, from building Temple of God, to his personal buildings, to several idols, even to Chemosh - incessant building project is one of the signs of backsliding in any church. Solomon had many things, many wives, many riches, etc. just as there are many buildings and many members today in RCCG.

You must be happy of being a member or pastor of RCCG, especially if you did not witness the RCCG of old; because there is freedom, prosperity and promises and better life. No stress of holiness, no discipline of indecent dress, no restitution, everything is bureaucracy, and as long you can comply with the rules and regulations, you have no limit. But that will lead to where?

This is not the covenant church God used His servant Rev. Akindayomin to found, this is not the same church I knew in 1990, this is not the church of the Bible. Today, I will find it hard to join RCCG, not because of their high standard of holiness again, but because of their low and poor standard of holiness.

You can be very zealous to condemn this article, to choose to defend your GO rather than defending the truth. If you were not in RCCG about 20 years ago, then you may lack understanding of the beginning of RCCG, go and ask the elders who witnessed the beginning and strength of RCCG as a true covenant church of undiluted truth and holiness of heavenly minded church.

If you know where God began with you, where God was pleased with you that He made COVENANT with you, then that may help you to know where you have missed it along the way, and where you need to trace you way back. God is waiting for you at the point He made covenant with you, and same thing with Pastor Adeboye and RCCG as a whole. Go back to the old faith, the narrow old path of FEW serious minded, and stop defending this broad MULTITUDE, MANY faulty modern way before it is too late. The Rapture of the saints is imminent!

" Because you say, ‘I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing’— and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and Unclad— 18 I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your unclothedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see. 19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten.Therefore be zealous and repent." Revelation 3:17-19

Gideon Akande

2 Likes

Re: The Redeemed Church And God On Opposite Paths by lordmayor4(m): 7:51pm On Aug 22, 2015
Nice one
Re: The Redeemed Church And God On Opposite Paths by jaey(m): 7:57pm On Aug 22, 2015
Hmm
Re: The Redeemed Church And God On Opposite Paths by mannobi(m): 8:04pm On Aug 22, 2015
He that thinks he stands should be careful lest he falls

3 Likes

Re: The Redeemed Church And God On Opposite Paths by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 22, 2015
TRUE WORD FROM A CONCERN CHRISTIAN?

ACCORDING TO DADDY GO (RCCG)
START OF QUOTE XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
A CHILD THAT IS NOT CORRECTED WHEN HE DOES WRONG IS A BASTARD - SO IS A CHURCH THAT IS NOT CRITICED WHEN GOING ASTRAY!
END OF QUOTE XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

THERE IS SO MUCH DECAY, DOUBLE STANDARDS AND WORLDLY CRAVINGS ESPECIALLY FROM RCCG HEADQUARTERS.
CHRISTIANS SHOULD BE BOLD TO CALL THEIR PASTORS AND SO CALLED LEADERS TO ORDER.

1 Like

Re: The Redeemed Church And God On Opposite Paths by Nobody: 8:36pm On Aug 22, 2015
Don't judge your brethen. Leave them for God. Though I am not a fan of redeem but we should obey Gods word leave judgment for God OP.

1 Like

Re: The Redeemed Church And God On Opposite Paths by Greatfes17: 10:04pm On Aug 22, 2015
Little of the few thoughts that makes me think twice.

For those saying leave judgment for God, do you not read the portion that says you are a sinner if you choose not to correct a sinful fellow?

2 Likes

Re: The Redeemed Church And God On Opposite Paths by dayodare49o: 10:54pm On Aug 22, 2015
lordmayor4:
Nice one
bro I went to that church for 20 years 1992 January to 2012 January. but I like the way it is now. find and soji girls are there. every life enjoyment you could thing of is there ranging from sex, stealing, party...if you want to spoil yourself with sex go to camp this December na sex they will take kill you.

you don't get a job? join their usher ha ha ha forget it...I like it like that
Re: The Redeemed Church And God On Opposite Paths by kristen12(f): 11:26pm On Aug 22, 2015
If you were in Pastor Adeboye's position would you have done better?

Luke 6:37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:
Re: The Redeemed Church And God On Opposite Paths by dsquare33: 11:33pm On Aug 22, 2015
Mr Op, After carefully reading your analysis on RCCG it is either you are biased or you have a personal grudge against Pastor E.A Adeboye.It is has a result of God's grace on G.O that made RCCG to grow to what it is today. So you expect the church not to grow apart from the spiritual aspect finacially.What you wrote was one sided agreed there are some bad eggs in the church; is it only in RCCG church that You have bad eggs?Don't we have corrupt pastors in other denominations?You said you went to Redemption Camp and you noticed the moral decadence at the camp.What is happening in the Church generally today is as a result of the Church sleeping spiritually and infilteration of WOLVES IN SHEEP'S CLOTHING and this is one of the signs of the end time which is carefully stated in Mattew13vs24 - 30.2nd Peter 2vs1-3. As a good christian are you not suppose to interceede in prayer for the Church because the church is the body of Christ.Please for the love of Christ stop this calumny and slander against the man of God and against RCCG.Your likes is what makes the world say perverse and malicious words against the body of Christ.Christians are their own worst enemies.

4 Likes

Re: The Redeemed Church And God On Opposite Paths by FreshGreen: 12:06am On Aug 23, 2015
dsquare33:
Mr Op, After carefully reading your analysis on RCCG it is either you are biased or you have a personal grudge against Pastor E.A Adeboye.It is has a result of God's grace on G.O that made RCCG to grow to what it is today. So you expect the church not to grow apart from the spiritual aspect finacially.What you wrote was one sided agreed there are some bad eggs in the church; is it only in RCCG church that You have bad eggs?Don't we have corrupt pastors in other denominations?You said you went to Redemption Camp and you noticed the moral decadence at the camp.What is happening in the Church generally today is as a result of the Church sleeping spiritually and infilteration of WOLVES IN SHEEP'S CLOTHING and this is one of the signs of the end time which is carefully stated in Mattew13vs24 - 30.2nd Peter 2vs1-3. As a good christian are you not suppose to interceede in prayer for the Church because the church is the body of Christ.Please for the love of Christ stop this calumny and slander against the man of God and against RCCG.Your likes is what makes the world say perverse and malicious words against the body of Christ.Christians are their own worst enemies.

Here is what you said here on Nairaland on June 28th this year, " if only the church leaders had done their assignment by teaching the true sound doctrine,but instead almost all of them had gone in the way of Balaam,they are building monuments for themselves rather than building the church hence the moral decadence." According to you, who are the church leaders that have gone the way of Balaam? Read your Bible from Genesis to Revelation - you cannot change a thing without challenging it. You must rise up and pray and preach against sin and worldliness, irrespective of who is involved. If I had mentioned the pastor of a white garment church, you might have been convenient with it. Try to defend the truth than a tall person. God bless you

4 Likes

Re: The Redeemed Church And God On Opposite Paths by Image123(m): 12:18am On Aug 23, 2015
The church is the church OF God, He said I will build MY church. It is not the church of Adeboye or Akindayomi or whoever man. Do your part by praying for the church and its 'leaders', and directly correcting erring believers.There's so much a man can do, take your burdens to the Lord as it were.

1 Like

Re: The Redeemed Church And God On Opposite Paths by Onyiibazz: 12:18am On Aug 23, 2015
Never will you see a people as confused as christians. Today they want the old testament, tomorrow the old testament is outdated and they go for the new. After two thousand years of waiting for the arrival of their master, they are still arguing about the faction that has the original interpretation of their holy story book!!!
Re: The Redeemed Church And God On Opposite Paths by FreshGreen: 12:36am On Aug 23, 2015
Onyiibazz:
Never will you see a people as confused as christians. Today they want the old testament, tomorrow the old testament is outdated and they go for the new. After two thousand years of waiting for the arrival of their master, they are still arguing about the faction that has the original interpretation of their holy story book!!!

You seems to be confused personally. Jesus can set you free with Truth. Ignoring the Truth will not save you. Half-truth will not save you, but the whole truth. Salvation and new life in Jesus, being delivered from sin and saved from satanic oppression, are you?

2 Likes

Re: The Redeemed Church And God On Opposite Paths by Onyiibazz: 12:49am On Aug 23, 2015
FreshGreen:

You seems to be confused personally. Jesus can set you free with Truth. Ignoring the Truth will not save you. Half-truth will not save you, but the whole truth. Salvation and new life in Jesus, being delivered from sin and saved from satanic oppression, are you?

Your jesus should first of all reconcile the following that has been causing confusion among his different denominations before looking for who to set free;
1. Salvation by grace or by works?
2. Tithing, right or wrong?
3. God a trinity?
4. Did jesus die on a cross or a stake?
5. Should christians dress indecently since serving god is a thing of the spirit?
Please help me ask jesus to set the above records right and a host of others before looking for who to set free
Re: The Redeemed Church And God On Opposite Paths by MightySparrow: 1:20am On Aug 23, 2015
OP what exactly is your point.
Re: The Redeemed Church And God On Opposite Paths by MightySparrow: 2:37am On Aug 23, 2015
Mr Akande since you are not a Member of Rccg then I .will conclude that these are observations made from a distance. Yes there are bad eggs in Rccg but is your own Church Free of them ? Is this write up meant to attract. Un believers to the fold or to scare them away ?
Did you write this by the leading of holy spirit.? Are you sure you were right about daddy GO not Preaching the Truth ? Are you sure about daddy Akimdayomi's tapes not being sold ?pls before taken to forum like this always have your facts and the leading of Holy Spirit. Pls be careful if truly you believe in christ and you have a discerning spirit then you won't wrote this slandering article
Re: The Redeemed Church And God On Opposite Paths by lordmayor4(m): 5:29am On Aug 23, 2015
dayodare49o:
bro I went to that church for 20 years 1992 January to 2012 January. but I like the way it is now. find and soji girls are there. every life enjoyment you could thing of is there ranging from sex, stealing, party...if you want to spoil yourself with sex go to camp this December na sex they will take kill you.

Thanks but I don't like that kinda church
Re: The Redeemed Church And God On Opposite Paths by Nobody: 6:52am On Aug 23, 2015
Not only redeem but all churches these days.
Re: The Redeemed Church And God On Opposite Paths by igwedaboss(m): 8:10am On Aug 23, 2015
dsquare33:
Re: The Redeemed Church And God On Opposite Paths by femicyrus(m): 8:35am On Aug 23, 2015
RCCG is now a mixture of salt and sand.when you put such in your meal it will be sweet and also terrible.
You will understand my point better when you become a victim.
Experience is the best teacher lipsrsealed
Re: The Redeemed Church And God On Opposite Paths by petux(m): 9:17am On Aug 23, 2015
Op its nt d fault of Daddy G.O....its d pple ..I for explain ma reasons buh I dae Sunday Skul ...
Re: The Redeemed Church And God On Opposite Paths by dayodare49o: 9:28am On Aug 23, 2015
lordmayor4:

Thanks but I don't like that kinda church
then oppurtunity lost
Re: The Redeemed Church And God On Opposite Paths by dsquare33: 1:26pm On Aug 23, 2015
FreshGreen:

Here is what you said here on Nairaland on June 28th this year, " if only the church leaders had done their assignment by teaching the true sound doctrine,but instead almost all of them had gone in the way of Balaam,they are building monuments for themselves rather than building the church hence the moral decadence." According to you, who are the church leaders that have gone the way of Balaam? Read your Bible from Genesis to Revelation - you cannot change a thing without challenging it. You must rise up and pray and preach against sin and worldliness, irrespective of who is involved. If I had mentioned the pastor of a white garment church, you might have been convenient with it. Try to defend the truth than a tall person. God bless you
You only wanted to quote me out of context.I remember I made mentioned of some bad eggs not all.The OP made it look as if Pastor E.A Adeboye is the Problem RCCG is having today and of Celestial Church you mentioned I don't have problem with them but the OP's assertiveness of apportioning blame to the G.O.Asides was there no Judas amongst the disciples of Jesus Christ.Go and read my post again.
Re: The Redeemed Church And God On Opposite Paths by FreshGreen: 8:49pm On Aug 23, 2015
Onyiibazz:

Your jesus should first of all reconcile the following that has been causing confusion among his different denominations before looking for who to set free;
1. Salvation by grace or by works?
2. Tithing, right or wrong?
3. God a trinity?
4. Did jesus die on a cross or a stake?
5. Should christians dress indecently since serving god is a thing of the spirit?
Please help me ask jesus to set the above records right and a host of others before looking for who to set free

Tell me, since you are living your life void of Jesus Christ, are you now free from satanic oppression? Are you free from sleeplessness and addiction? Are you free? Your answer will determine my next response? Why are you running when no one is chasing you?
Re: The Redeemed Church And God On Opposite Paths by FreshGreen: 8:56pm On Aug 23, 2015
dsquare33:
You only wanted to quote me out of context.I remember I made mentioned of some bad eggs not all.The OP made it look as if Pastor E.A Adeboye is the Problem RCCG is having today and of Celestial Church you mentioned I don't have problem with them but the OP's assertiveness of apportioning blame to the G.O.Asides was there no Judas amongst the disciples of Jesus Christ.Go and read my post again.

Your June 28th post is still on your profile, maybe you can read it again. You said, "if only the church leaders had done their assignment by teaching the true sound doctrine,but instead almost all of them had gone in the way of Balaam,they are building monuments for themselves rather than building the church hence the moral decadence." ALMOST ALL OF THEM, that means 11 out of 12. When there are 11 Judas out of 12 disciples, then there is a problem with the leader and that church, but it is normal to have 1 Judas out of 12 disciples. The problem as you rightly said on June 28th is ALMOST ALL OF THEM. Where are you standing?
Re: The Redeemed Church And God On Opposite Paths by Onyiibazz: 9:00pm On Aug 23, 2015
FreshGreen:

Tell me, since you are living your life void of Jesus Christ, are you now free from satanic oppression? Are you free from sleeplessness and addiction? Are you free? Your answer will determine my next response? Why are you running when no one is chasing you?

Bro i dont know anything like satanic oppression. The satan character was only created by christianity to be the scape goat, the one that will always take the blame while god takes the praise. And about sleeplessness, the only time i had that was when i was when i was rounding up preparations for my project defence. And for addiction, i control my behavious!
Re: The Redeemed Church And God On Opposite Paths by sorextee(m): 9:16pm On Aug 23, 2015
From 1992 to this moment, u still dey pursue find girl.. undecided

dayodare49o:

Re: The Redeemed Church And God On Opposite Paths by dsquare33: 9:36pm On Aug 23, 2015
FreshGreen:

Your June 28th post is still on your profile, maybe you can read it again. You said, "if only the church leaders had done their assignment by teaching the true sound doctrine,but instead almost all of them had gone in the way of Balaam,they are building monuments for themselves rather than building the church hence the moral decadence." ALMOST ALL OF THEM, that means 11 out of 12. When there are 11 Judas out of 12 disciples, then there is a problem with the leader and that church, but it is normal to have 1 Judas out of 12 disciples. The problem as you rightly said on June 28th is ALMOST ALL OF THEM. Where are you standing?
Mr man you quoted me out of context again and as long as we continue to drag this back and forth we will never get anywhere.I have made my opinion on what Akande wrote concerning RCCG and the E.A Adeboye and that is final.
Re: The Redeemed Church And God On Opposite Paths by FreshGreen: 9:48pm On Aug 23, 2015
Onyiibazz:

Bro i dont know anything like satanic oppression. The satan character was only created by christianity to be the scape goat, the one that will always take the blame while god takes the praise. And about sleeplessness, the only time i had that was when i was when i was rounding up preparations for my project defence. And for addiction, i control my behavious!

You don't know anything about Satan, you don't care about Jesus, you don't have sleepless night. And for how long will you deceive yourself? To eternity? And why do you call me bro? What do you mean by "bro" Is that a new way of addressing a stranger with estrange ideology?
Re: The Redeemed Church And God On Opposite Paths by Onyiibazz: 10:15pm On Aug 23, 2015
FreshGreen:

You don't know anything about Satan, you don't care about Jesus, you don't have sleepless night. And for how long will you deceive yourself? To eternity? And why do you call me bro? What do you mean by "bro" Is that a new way of addressing a stranger with estrange ideology?

For the records bro is short for brother and i'm not deceiving my self too. Our ideologies may not be the same but i sure know how to accomodate people of varying ideologies. Atleast my room mate for a year now is a christian fundamentalist, but that doesn't change anything, we dont fight, we dont quarrel, everybody respects the others' ideology and everybody minds his business
Re: The Redeemed Church And God On Opposite Paths by dayodare49o: 7:56am On Aug 24, 2015
sorextee:
From 1992 to this moment, u still dey pursue find girl.. undecided

no be the thing wey den they do you go follow them do?

(1) (Reply)

A Reply To Vick$rill's Thread: A Big Thank You To Kingebukanaija, Winer01 And... / Why I Became An Atheist / Full Gospel Businessmen Fellowship International - Oceanic Chapter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.