Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,268 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

The Unjust Treatment Of Participants In The NAPSAS Programme - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Unjust Treatment Of Participants In The NAPSAS Programme (973 Views)

NLC Takes Over MTN Offices In Calabar Over Staff Ill-treatment (Photos) / Deeper Life To Graduate 355 Skill Acquisition Participants / Dispersing The Newly Recruited Nigeria Immigration Officers, Just OR Unjust? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Unjust Treatment Of Participants In The NAPSAS Programme by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 22, 2015
I have been quiet on this topic for a long while and I believe it is high time we spoke out on this rarely-talked about programme of the GEJ government.

The National Power Sector Apprenticeship Scheme - NAPSAS was launched by the GEJ government in the year 2014 to develop skilled workforce for the power sector through NAPTIN.

Thousands of graduates were deployed for training under this scheme and posted to various Electricity Distribution Companies for on-the-job training. The promise was that we will be paid 18k monthly as allowances for our upkeep.

Unfortunately however, no kobo has been paid to NAPSAS participants till date despite the hardship that most of us face trying to discharge our duties.

It is most pitiable that the training programme is billed to end this month and no payment has been made so far!

It is beginning to look like the Civil Servants in charge of this scheme are playing games with the lives of these participants as all our efforts towards asking questions has led to one silly excuse after another.

I believe the GEJ government had good intentions for launching this NAPSAS/NGSDP scheme but it presently has amounted to nothing as the present administration has not really intervened in our plight, probably due to the greedy tendencies of the civil servants.

I plead with the MODs here to please move this post to FP so that Nigerians can understand what hardships graduates are going through in this NAPSAS palaver.

I also want to plead with the present administration to please urgently look into the NAPSAS scheme in a bid to alleviate the suffering of these young Nigerians.

Thanks.

Cc: Lalasticlala
Re: The Unjust Treatment Of Participants In The NAPSAS Programme by nnaomaog(m): 8:30am On Aug 23, 2015
I wonder what came out in the probing of the power sector. 1. NAPTIN/NAPSAS never paid the Tea/lunch forr the training even when they said it was errors recorded in the bank details. And asked us to bear with them.
That was on Feb, 2015 until now August, 2015.

2. NAPSAS never paid our monthly stipend that FG promised us. And now we have come to the end of the programme. All communication to NAPSAS was in vein.

3. Now we await NAPTIN/NAPSAS for our certificaate and job wich was promised to us @ the end.

NAPTIN/NAPSAS
Re: The Unjust Treatment Of Participants In The NAPSAS Programme by Nobody: 1:33pm On Aug 23, 2015
Its such a pity my brother. Participants were brimming with so much hope at the beginning believing we were going into a programme full of glorious potentials....some left their jobs for this sham.

I pray lalasticlala reads this and move to FP so Nigerians can understand what NAPSAS participants are going through in the hands of NAPTIN and the Ministry of Power/NAPSAS.
Re: The Unjust Treatment Of Participants In The NAPSAS Programme by lalasticlala(m): 1:39pm On Aug 23, 2015
Similar thread made FP recently. May look up for it later
Re: The Unjust Treatment Of Participants In The NAPSAS Programme by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 23, 2015
lalasticlala:
Similar thread made FP recently. May look up for it later

The threat you are talking about is on NAPTIN/NGSDP programme and that programme is different from NAPSAS.

The first was paid for by the participants while NAPSAS is on FG scholarship.

Please look into it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Apply Online For Shell Petroleum Development Company Joint Venture Scholarship / Biomedical Engineering: Prospect In Nigeria / Help Me As Frustration Is Really Taking Its Toll On Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.