Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,725 members, 7,844,391 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Funaab Sug President Impeached For Gross Misconduct And Mismanagement Of Funds - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Funaab Sug President Impeached For Gross Misconduct And Mismanagement Of Funds (657 Views)

UNN SUG President Impeached For Looting 4 Million Naira. / DELETE THIS THREAD / Uniabuja SUG President “okoye” Suspended For Looting Millions - 9jaflaver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Funaab Sug President Impeached For Gross Misconduct And Mismanagement Of Funds by iamkay(m): 11:00pm On Aug 22, 2015
One of our correspondents at the sitting of the SRA(Students Representative Assembly) yesterday was opportune to listen to a report by the and here are some of their findings: 1. That Hollar Hollar has collected a total sum of: N2,016,400 for the Relaxation Center Project. The amount he got from sponsors was a total sum of: N1,010,00 and 1,006,400 from the funds allocated to him from the students union account. In which the relaxation is still under construction, not to talk of being finished.
2. For mismanagement of the Funaabsu week funds and also cutting corners, instead of following due process. He also didn’t remit any money into the Union’s account as part of the money gained from the sales of tickets, claiming that only N600,000 was made from Funaabsu night, that had over 2,000 funaabites in attendance, with regular ticket being N500 and VIP N1,000.
3. For making an agreement to lease the Relaxation Center being constructed by the Students’s Union, to a private organization for 5 years without the consent of Students Representative Assembly. This means that all funds that would be generated from the Students Union’s Relaxation Center for the next 5 years would go to the private organization and not the Students Union purse. It is worthy to note that, it is because of the relaxation center that the SUG did not provide souvenirs for students this session. The house rejected the supposed agreement made with the organization and tagged it “Selling Funaabites” for the next five years. The agreement would be dissolved and the management of the private organization would be made aware, as from all indications Hollar Hollar had already collected some amount of money from them, even though they(Hollar Hollar and the private organization) are yet to come to terms. All these were summed up to be Gross Misconduct and Mismanagement of Funds. An Honorable of the house stood up to quote a part of the constitution used to swear Funaabsu Excos into office, Appendix I(OATH OF OFFICE statement number 4, which quoted thus: “That should I be found guilty of misdemeanour or other misconduct, I affirm that the following steps/instituted against me: i. That I should be relieved of my post with immediate effect.
ii. That the University would be contacted with the view to effect necessary corrective and disciplinary action(s).” Which he used to move a motion to that Hollar Hollar be relieved of his post as the President, the motion was countered by another Honorable of the house, which meant that vote was to be conducted on the motion to relieve him from office, in which 15 voted to relieve him from office while 13 voted against it. In this view the speaker of the house announced that Hollar Hollar has been relieved from his office as the President of Funaabsu with immediate effect.

——– Hollar Hollar has been reinstated back as the President of Funaabsu barely 24 hours after he was Relieved of his post as the President of Funaabsu. In a telephone conversation with the Clerk of the Students Representative Assembly, it was revealed that a sitting was held today at SUB and Hollar Hollar was reinstated back. He said : “During the sitting today, clarifications and series of appeal were made on the ‘Alleged Gross Misconduct and Mismanagement of funds’ by Hollar Hollar. An Honorable of the house raised a motion to reinstate him as the President of Funaabsu, another Honorable seconded the motion, while another Honorable countered, it was seconded by another Honorable but the seconded motion was later withdrawn by the Honorable. Which means that the motion to reinstate Hollar Hollar had it without any need to vote”. This means Hollar Hollar as of this moment with immediate effect, Hollar Hollar remains the President of Funaabsu.
Re: Funaab Sug President Impeached For Gross Misconduct And Mismanagement Of Funds by ladyF(f): 11:01pm On Aug 22, 2015
Eeyah...a good name is better than illegal wealth
Re: Funaab Sug President Impeached For Gross Misconduct And Mismanagement Of Funds by iamkay(m): 11:05pm On Aug 22, 2015
ladyF:
Eeyah...a good name is better than illegal wealth

imagin, we paid #500 for the SUG night after we don already pay SUG fee ooo and no sorvenier yet!
Re: Funaab Sug President Impeached For Gross Misconduct And Mismanagement Of Funds by heavenmade(m): 11:41pm On Aug 22, 2015
Reminds me of those days to when I was an honorable member of the SRA..I am now a metaphysical unaabite

(1) (Reply)

Paris Hilton Oops Has Destroyed My Appreciation As Animals. / What Is The Worth Of Nigerian Degrees? By Mohammed Dahiru Aminu / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.