Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,897 members, 7,956,385 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:57 AM

My Experience As A Deist - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Experience As A Deist (3530 Views)

Musings As An Agnostic Deist / 11111 / If These Are Your Beliefs, You Could Be A Deist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience As A Deist by falseman(m): 7:20am On Aug 26, 2015
Great0:
Op, The falseman. how come religion did not underdevelop America and Europe as you claim it did to africa. The whites were they not the first that rose with religion. This is why i termed atheists ''bunch of confused people who got frustrated and tired of praying''
Roman 9:11 disapprove ATHEISM

Don't quote me grin
Re: My Experience As A Deist by allanphash7(m): 8:42am On Aug 26, 2015
Crap

I pity your ignorance

U dare my gods...........

I reserve my comment
An2elect2:
This is the most Stupidd post i have ever come across in the religion section. Your African spirituality was too weak,steeped in barbarism, blind faith and hence was overcome by a great/er LIGHT!

The westerners had their own fair share of superstition and were at one time in gross darkness, until the appointed time of God and they received wisdom. Did they abandon their old time beliefs? YES!!! Most of them! And they still prospered!!!

O ye atheists, and African spirituality advocates, you are making a fool of yourselves if you think religion is your problem. We can see through,your hatred for the Almighty God is overwhelming and self consuming!

Where were your gods when they invaded your land and imposed their religion on you?Your gods could not save you then, why would they do it now. And why speak for your gods? Simple! They have no power, no voice absolutely nothing in the face of the Living and all powerful God. grin

Re: My Experience As A Deist by An2elect2(f): 8:52am On Aug 26, 2015
allanphash7:
Crap

I pity your ignorance

U dare my gods...........

I reserve my comment

grin I am indeed daring your gods!!! They gods you are stronger than cheesy grin Pity yourselves!
Re: My Experience As A Deist by An2elect2(f): 9:03am On Aug 26, 2015
Weah96:

Where is the God of the Nigerian Christian? Does he speak? Where was he when over a 100 people died in the building collapse?

Cry all you want, cry cry baby your plans cannot thwart the eternal purpose of the ALMIGHTY. He is not the God of a region, He is the God of ALL, ALL cheesy

Isaiah 46:10:
Declaring the end from the beginning, and
from ancient times the things that are not yet
done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I
will do all my pleasure:

Everything that happens does not happen outside God's plan! In short, He has declared all of them!!! Go ahead and call Him ruthless grin It won't turn your hand crafted gods to the ANCIENT OF DAYS! grin
Re: My Experience As A Deist by An2elect2(f): 9:10am On Aug 26, 2015
Great0:
Op, The falseman. how come religion did not underdevelop America and Europe as you claim it did to africa. The whites were they not the first that rose with religion. This is why i termed atheists ''bunch of confused people who got frustrated and tired of praying''
Roman 9:11 disapprove ATHEISM

They prefer to live in denial all their days! cheesy Religion is not their problem, they are their problemssss grin
Re: My Experience As A Deist by allanphash7(m): 9:20am On Aug 26, 2015
I pity you once again cos those that you even beleive you can run to i mean you MOG still appease my gods

Meanwhile where was your God when thousands of christain were bomb in the church?
An2elect2:

grin I am indeed daring your gods!!! They gods you are stronger than cheesy grin Pity yourselves!

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Deist by kayo80(m): 9:29am On Aug 26, 2015
johnydon22:
A wonderful piece and this could serve as a stimulus to any right thinking human to pause and think about all you think you believe...

It could, but too many Africans are too close minded.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As A Deist by kayo80(m): 9:30am On Aug 26, 2015
Lovely piece. But people would still read this with a closed mind.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As A Deist by kayo80(m): 9:30am On Aug 26, 2015
Lovely piece. But it is a shame that people would still read this with a closed mind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience As A Deist by kayo80(m): 9:38am On Aug 26, 2015
dalaman:

Unfortunately the religious mind doesn't function that way at all. When I was a christian I used to get angry when I read such things. I don't know how to explain it but, you just can't relate to this things as a religious person. You just push them away. The religious mind abhors doubt, when you are driven bu fear you can't relate to anything that questions or encourages doubt. When you are driven by irrational fear(which is what drives most religious minds) you can't reason rationally when it comes to issues of religion. It blocks your mind from reasoning or seeing things that challange your religion no matter how true or real they appear.

You said you were once a Christian...How did you break out of the shackles? I am always curious to know, cos I am an atheists, and the more I try to get my close friends enlightened, the harder it becomes...Like it is totally impossible to make them think logically and rationally. And these guys are highly intelligent... So, I always want to know how someone that was once a Christian could break free of that bondage.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Deist by dalaman: 9:53am On Aug 26, 2015
kayo80:

You said you were once a Christian...How did you break out of the shackles? I am always curious to know, cos I am an atheists, and the more I try to get my close friends enlightened, the harder it becomes...Like it is totally impossible to make them think logically and rationally. And these guys are highly intelligent... So, I always want to know how someone that was once a Christian could break free of that bondage.

Reading the debates between christians and muslims here on nairaland was what first made me to start thinking about God's existence, before then I had never thought about it. Reading the debates between christians and atheist made be to start questioning, not negatively,I started researching to prove that the atheists were wrong but found out that they were mostly right and it is the christians that were actually wrong and were mostly spinning or telling lies for christianity. I left Nigeria in 2012 to Europe and it sealed everything. The Europeans are godless but are better human beings than us in everything.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Deist by kayo80(m): 10:05am On Aug 26, 2015
dalaman:

Reading the debates between christians and muslims here on nairaland was what first made me to start thinking about God's existence, before then I had never thought about it. Reading the debates between christians and atheist made be to start questioning, not negatively,I started researching to prove that the atheists were wrong but found out that they were mostly right and it is the christians that were actually wrong and were mostly spinning or telling lies for christianity. I left Nigeria in 2012 to Europe and it sealed everything. The Europeans are godless but are better human beings than us in everything.

[quote author=dalaman post=37346331]

Nice. Thanks for the reply. I am sure you traveling to Europe really helped with your enlightenment. For me, I was a Christian all my life till 2009, when I decided to read the whole Bible. I read it from Genesis to Revelation, and so many questions were raised in my mind. Researching and trying to answer those questions opened my eyes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As A Deist by Weah96: 10:59am On Aug 26, 2015
An2elect2:

Cry all you want, cry cry baby your plans cannot thwart the eternal purpose of the ALMIGHTY. He is not the God of a region, He is the God of ALL, ALL cheesy

Isaiah 46:10:
Declaring the end from the beginning, and
from ancient times the things that are not yet
done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I
will do all my pleasure:

Everything that happens does not happen outside God's plan! In short, He has declared all of them!!! Go ahead and call Him ruthless grin It won't turn your hand crafted gods to the ANCIENT OF DAYS! grin

Tell that to the parents waiting by the neonatal oncology unit. Tell them that their little bundle of joy has leukemia because your personal deity declared the disease on the infant before it was even born.

You pray to a fake God. I know he's fake because you cannot pick up poisonous snakes, drink poison, or heal diseases with your hands. In the bible, these were called SIGNS OF BELIEVERS. Go and peddle your lies to your children. Or better yet, learn how to comprehend things that you read. The fact that you're running your mouth here without having the decency of asking yourself honest questions about Mark 16:15-18 shows that you're a dishonest person in real life.

If you like, we can have a God-off. I can show you that my God (myself) is greater than the one in your imagination. If your God was real, he would allow my s)emen to enjoy his heaven before he allowed you in there. Who likes a dishonest person?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As A Deist by Weah96: 11:04am On Aug 26, 2015
An2elect2:

They prefer to live in denial all their days! cheesy Religion is not their problem, they are their problemssss grin

Read Mark 16:15-18 you shameless person. Which God do you worship? It cannot be Jesus. The bible provided examples of things that Jesus believers MUST do.

You lie too much.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Deist by Great0: 8:36pm On Aug 26, 2015
Weah96:

Read Mark 16:15-18 you shameless person. Which God do you worship? It cannot be Jesus. The bible provided examples of things that Jesus believers MUST do.

You lie too much.
Try go back to Christ. Atheist did not fit you. Stop struggling to become one.
Re: My Experience As A Deist by Great0: 8:43pm On Aug 26, 2015
falseman:

Don't quote me grin
Are you the op. So you are not ashame of cursing yourself with that word...false
Re: My Experience As A Deist by Weah96: 9:02pm On Aug 26, 2015
Great0:

Try go back to Christ. Atheist did not fit you. Stop struggling to become one.

If you find him anywhere, let me know. I was never with him or anyone in the first place , so going back is impossible.
Re: My Experience As A Deist by Great0: 9:17pm On Aug 26, 2015
Weah96:

If you find him anywhere, let me know. I was never with him or anyone in the first place , so going back is impossible.
No man was born atheist. we belong somewhere according to ELECTION(Roman 9:11). you and some claim to be atheist because you are ignorant of the ELECTION. Search to find where you belong for no man is an island.
Re: My Experience As A Deist by falseman(m): 9:45pm On Aug 26, 2015
Great0:

Are you the op. So you are not ashame of cursing yourself with that word...false

Bro I am far better than you in every aspect of life. Answering Great0 doesn't make you great in any sense.
Re: My Experience As A Deist by MizJanet(f): 2:10am On Aug 27, 2015
Weah96:

You lie too much.

Lol , she ran away .
Re: My Experience As A Deist by Great0: 7:39pm On Aug 28, 2015
falseman:

Bro I am far better than you in every aspect of life. Answering Great0 doesn't make you great in any sense.
Are you sure you are better than me spiritually cox its not showing enough

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? / The Bible Does Not Blame Women For Prostitution And Jezebel But Evil Men / Does Polytheism Enable Equality?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.