Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,730 members, 7,809,803 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:14 PM

No Reception Registry Wedding - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / No Reception Registry Wedding (810 Views)

Court Did Not Order Closure Of Ikoyi Registry, Federal Govt Tells Lagos Govt. / Court Declares The Power Of Ikoyi Registry To Conduct Marriages In Lagos NULL / Ikoyi Registry Wedding - Affidavit Of Bachelorhood And Spinsterhood Help?! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Reception Registry Wedding by kalatogu: 11:15am On Aug 23, 2015
pls I'm in my final year and pregnant with my second child instead of aborting,my fiancé and I want to do just registry for now without reception or bride price until buoyant. he sponsors my schooling & our first child. how possible is d registry since we are okay with it.

1 Like

Re: No Reception Registry Wedding by Lezzlie(m): 2:17pm On Aug 23, 2015
kalatogu:
pls I'm in my final year and pregnant with my second child instead of aborting,my fiancé and I want to do just registry for now without reception or bride price until bouyant. he sponsors my schooling & our first child. how possible is d registry since we are okay with it.
It is no big deal. Reception is compulsory. All you need is your rings and witnesses. The items for reception can be monetized. Hope the both of you are full adults, if not, you will need the consent of your parents before you can enter that kind of marriage.

Over all, it's simple and without qualms.

1 Like

Re: No Reception Registry Wedding by Chidoks(f): 2:28pm On Aug 23, 2015
Reception is not necessary! please go ahead and contract the marriage.I salute your decision not to abort your children
However i think you should do the traditional marriage.not the accompanying party but the necessary items plus bride price.it's a way to honour your parents and your roots.let your folks give you out to him.i wish you the best

3 Likes

Re: No Reception Registry Wedding by Lezzlie(m): 2:48pm On Aug 23, 2015
kalatogu:
pls I'm in my final year and pregnant with my second child instead of aborting,my fiancé and I want to do just registry for now without reception or bride price until buoyant. he sponsors my schooling & our first child. how possible is d registry since we are okay with it.
Sorry I meant to say reception ISN'T compulsory. Depending on the state you recide, the total sum won't even be up to #50k
Re: No Reception Registry Wedding by Sleekbaby(f): 4:12pm On Aug 23, 2015
Hmmmmm, this is serious, plz don't be offended but how can u do court wedding without bride price, in my place ur family can claim those children bcoz ur bride price has not been paid so I think that the most impt thing is the bride price other things can wait until u are ready. Success.

(1) (Reply)

Girls Night Out Part 2!!!! Better And Simplified / The Model Wife.. ,(a Must Read) / Must Read : This Is Why Your Child Behaves Badly.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.