Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

They Gave Birth To Quintuplets After 15 Years Of Barreness. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / They Gave Birth To Quintuplets After 15 Years Of Barreness. (771 Views)

Quintuplets: Keke Rider's Wife Gives Birth To 5 Babies In Anambra / Woman Gives Birth To Quintuplets In Ibadan(photos) / Bimbo Ayelabola Gives Birth To Quintuplets In London, Gets Let Off £145k Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

They Gave Birth To Quintuplets After 15 Years Of Barreness. by TheJPhronesis(m): 2:13pm On Aug 23, 2015
What is it like to be married for 15 years without kids? Simon and Ifeoma have lived it.

While casually browsing a Nigerian daily, I came across a story that caught my attention in theThisdayNewspapersof May 27, 2015. It was titled“More than Enough: After 15 years of childlessness, a woman from Enugu State was delivered of quadruplets with three boys and a girl”. Of course, that piqued my interest, and luckily for me, it was an interview with the couple themselves, so I got to hear from the horse’s mouth. The story is a touching and inspiring one, showcasing important qualities in the journey of marriage such as love and respect for your partner, hope in a better future and trust in God. Simon Nnamani is aged 48, and his wife Ifeoma Nnamani who is aged 42, and until the arrival of their four children – three boys and a girl -in the United States in December 2014, had been in a childless marriage for fifteen years. Their kids are named are Joseph, Mary, Leonard and Benjamin. In the next paragraphs we will hear from the fortunate husband and wife, though this hub corrected their spoken English as much as it could without changing the message in their words, in order for what they said to be understood by a more global audience.
The Husband, Mr.Simon Nnamani

“I have been married since October 1999 and since then my wife and I have waited upon the Lord for fifteen years to give us children. God blessed us last year with four babies, three male and three female. My wife actually bore five children, but one did not survive at birth.
We did the traditional engagement in October 1999 and the church wedding in August 2000. After our wedding, I naturally expected us to begin having children soon after, but after an entire year nothing happened. We soon began to look for medical and spiritual solutions. We fasted and prayed, but our efforts seemed to be fruitless. The challenges were intense. People made negative comments that got to our hearing; we faced cash shortages while we sought medical help from one hospital to another. The problem lasted for 15 years. I do not wish my enemy such an experience. It consumed money, time and mental energy.......( http://thejphronesis.hubpages.com/hub/give-birth-to-multiple-children
Re: They Gave Birth To Quintuplets After 15 Years Of Barreness. by ayoola648(m): 2:22pm On Aug 23, 2015
congratulations.
Re: They Gave Birth To Quintuplets After 15 Years Of Barreness. by TheJPhronesis(m): 2:27pm On Aug 23, 2015
Are most Nigerian men like Simon, or would they have found someone else to give them kids if their wives could not conceive?
Re: They Gave Birth To Quintuplets After 15 Years Of Barreness. by Dreyl(m): 2:31pm On Aug 23, 2015
Nice one.

(1) (Reply)

HIKMAN ATANDA Has Been Found / When DNA Test Proves That The First Child Of Your Wife Is Not Your Child / 10 Annoying Toddler Habits (and How To Deal)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.