Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,118 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

Lessons From Candy Crush Saga - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Lessons From Candy Crush Saga (691 Views)

Lessons From The Asian Tigers / Candy Crush Jelly Saga For Android | APK File / MTN Compensates Customers For SIM Re-registration Saga - NGN6000! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lessons From Candy Crush Saga by blog4all(m): 3:49pm On Aug 23, 2015
As a facebooker, your first contact with the Candy crush game must have been a notification from one or several of your friends inviting you to play the game. When I started getting invitations to play Candy crush, I was curious and at the same time irritated because the invites all came from one person. By then i was rocking my blackberry curve 2 device and was feeling good with the blackberry Os. After a while, I bought an android phone and joined my contemporaries in the Android world. I was still not keen on playing candy crush even as the invites kept piling up.

However I discovered that everywhere I went to, majority of people with android devices were playing the candy crush game, most especially the ladies. At my place of work, Candy crush was/is the most popular app with android users after Facebook.
I am not exactly a big fan of gaming but when I see a game that I like, I become hooked to it and will play it frequently.

The game I loved playing was Temple run but I soon found out that I was the only one with passion for Temple run. I tried convincing my colleagues to ditch Candy crush and enroll in the school of Temple run with little success.

The saying goes that if you can’t beat them, join them. So I joined them two months ago. I downloaded Candy crush. I liked the theme music of the game. I liked the words of encouragement/acknowledgement by the voice I christened “Big Sam”: “Sweet”, “Tasty”, “Excellent”, “Divine”, “Delicious”, “Sugar crush” etc.

So far so good, I think Candy crush saga is an interesting and addictive game. I haven’t linked my candy crush with my Facebook because I don’t want to spam my friends with invites to play the game anytime I log in with facebook.

Candy crush saga, for the greenhorns and uninitiated is played by swiping candies in any direction to create sets of three or more matching candies. The matching candies crush out and are replaced by other candies.

There are six candies that you will find in the game-board at each level:

An orange lozenge, a red jellybean, a purple cluster, a blue lollipop, a yellow lemon square and a green square.

I believe the following are what we can learn from this game:

-Concentration
Candy crush teaches you to concentrate on the task at hand, which is matching the candy bars with same colours. You cannot be absent minded and go through a level of candy crush. This applies to life in general. Whatever task you are doing, you have to concentrate and give it your best if you want to succeed.

Read more at http://www.thekillerpunch.com/lessons-from-candy-crush-saga/

1 Like

Re: Lessons From Candy Crush Saga by ladyF(f): 3:51pm On Aug 23, 2015
Lmao all these for candy crush? I dont really like the game tho...

2 Likes

Re: Lessons From Candy Crush Saga by Tundecool(m): 4:24pm On Aug 23, 2015
ladyF:
Lmao all these for candy crush? I dont really like the game tho...

& dz woman is here again!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Quantum "Spookiness" Passes Toughest Test Yet / Science Laboratory Technology In Nigerian Universities. / Vote For These 5 Nigerian Startups To Get Into The Global GIST Tech-i Finals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.