Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,763 members, 7,809,929 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:26 PM

I Need Help Wit Fixing A P0141 Error Code In My Vehicle - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Need Help Wit Fixing A P0141 Error Code In My Vehicle (1311 Views)

Guys My Vehicle Was Saved From An Incompetent Nairaland Auto Guru Mayor2013 / These Are Top 5 Expensive Car Problems That Are Not Worth Fixing If They Go Bad / DIY - Fixing a non-functional IMRC in a Mazda MPV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help Wit Fixing A P0141 Error Code In My Vehicle by austin4real(m): 10:10am On Aug 24, 2015
Hello house, my vehicle recently illuminated a check engine light, recent scans reveal that the the problem is for a P0141 error code. How can I fix this issue??
Re: I Need Help Wit Fixing A P0141 Error Code In My Vehicle by Nobody: 1:42pm On Aug 24, 2015
This code means that the heated circuit in the oxygen sensor on bank 1 decreases time needed to enter closed loop.
As the O2 heater reaches operating temperature, the oxygen sensor responds by switching according to oxygen content of the exhaust surrounding it. The ECM tracks how long it takes for the oxygen sensor to begin switching. If the ECM determines (based on coolant temp) that too much time elapsed before the oxygen sensor began operating properly, it will set P0141.

Symptoms - You will likely notice poor fuel economy with the illumination of the Check Engine Light.
Causes - A code P0141 may mean that one or more of the following has happened: open or short to ground in the wiring harness
• O2 heater circuit wiring high resistance
• O2 heater element resistance is high
• Internal short or open in the heater element Note: Typically a failed catalytic converter does not cause this code. You're more likely to see a P0420 code for a failed converter.

Possible Solutions –
1. Replace oxygen sensor (cannot repair open or short that occurs internally to sensor)
2. Repair short or open or high resistance in wiring harness or harness connectors
Re: I Need Help Wit Fixing A P0141 Error Code In My Vehicle by mayor2013: 5:36pm On Aug 24, 2015
What type of car is this? Could you give a better details of your car
Re: I Need Help Wit Fixing A P0141 Error Code In My Vehicle by austin4real(m): 7:59pm On Aug 24, 2015
mayor2013:
What type of car is this? Could you give a better details of your car
Brand: Nissan
Model: Primera(P11-144)
Year: 2000
Engine type: QG18DE
Re: I Need Help Wit Fixing A P0141 Error Code In My Vehicle by Piyke: 9:31pm On Aug 24, 2015
There's a problem in the circuit. Downstream O2 sensor could be faulty, Connector for the O2 sensor could be loose, O2 sensor wires could have a short.

My take: double check downstream O2 sensor connector and wiring, then clear the code. If the code returns, replace the downstream O2 sensor
Re: I Need Help Wit Fixing A P0141 Error Code In My Vehicle by sultaan(m): 11:19pm On Aug 24, 2015
In a more direct response it means the wires might have been disconnected,cut , burnt on exhaust and the fuse for the o2 heater is burnt
Re: I Need Help Wit Fixing A P0141 Error Code In My Vehicle by Piyke: 1:45pm On Aug 26, 2015
sultaan:
In a more direct response it means the wires might have been disconnected,cut , burnt on exhaust and the fuse for the o2 heater is burnt

Thanks for bringing up the fuse. Missed that one. On the 03 Accord it's the no 18 fuse in the under dash fuse box

(1) (Reply)

Corolla Vs Camry / List Of Cars Named After Animals(PICS) / Flood Entered My Honda Inspired(2006 Model) & It Refused To Start

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.