Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,817 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

MTN Is Scamming Nigerians With MTN Xtratime!!! (Must Read) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / MTN Is Scamming Nigerians With MTN Xtratime!!! (Must Read) (1113 Views)

MTN Is Giving Out 100MB For Free..... Get Yours - Notedwap / Kindly Take A Glance At The New MTN Terms And Conditions On Xtratime Charges. / MTN Is Giving 15gig For Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Is Scamming Nigerians With MTN Xtratime!!! (Must Read) by hermesprogidy(m): 11:48am On Aug 24, 2015
I am still shocked at what transpired between me and MTN Nigeria over the weekend. I was in an emergency situation, and I successfully requested for N200 Xtratime credit over the weekend (early on Saturday morning). I checked my credit balance and it read -N198.28K.(they take 20% service charge)

I tried to make a call and was told that I had insufficient call credit. I called 182 (customer service) and the customer care rep told me to switch off my data bundle, switch off my phone, restart the phone and I will be able to use my credit. I did all that, tried to make a call, but was still told I has insufficient call credit.

Out of frustration, I called customer care again and was told the application managing Xtratime could not come up, she offered to call back when the application came up. I called back hours later (in the afternoon) and was still given the same excuse. I called well over four times and at point they stopped picking my call. My balance credit balance stayed at -N198.28K throughout Saturday and I couldn't place a single call on that number throughout that day.

I finally recharged on Sunday afternoon and to my chagrin angry N200 was promptly removed from my latest recharge. I called 182 repeatedly (to give them a piece of my mouth) but nobody picked.

Am not here to give MTN Nigeria bad publicity, but honestly am not only disgusted, but actually surprised! it's only N200 but I couldn't help but imagine they may have been doing this to other people who just shrug it off as a mere N200. If you do not have the technology for a particular product, then don't offer that product.

Has anyone experienced this too?
Re: MTN Is Scamming Nigerians With MTN Xtratime!!! (Must Read) by INTROVERT(f): 11:50am On Aug 24, 2015
those who go a borrowing, always go a s*******g grin grin grin

op no vex, you hear
Re: MTN Is Scamming Nigerians With MTN Xtratime!!! (Must Read) by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 24, 2015
I've not experienced such but they've perpetrated rubbish if this is true
Re: MTN Is Scamming Nigerians With MTN Xtratime!!! (Must Read) by hermesprogidy(m): 12:41pm On Aug 24, 2015
You this introvert, if I catch you eh!! so it's bad to borrow now abi? angry they for kukuma tells us na, I for just respect myself.
INTROVERT:
those who go a borrowing, always go a s*******g grin grin grin

op no vex, you hear
Re: MTN Is Scamming Nigerians With MTN Xtratime!!! (Must Read) by aariwa(m): 7:50am On Aug 25, 2015
Porting to another network is free
Re: MTN Is Scamming Nigerians With MTN Xtratime!!! (Must Read) by gen2briz(m): 10:01am On Aug 25, 2015
Is MTN a must?

(1) (Reply)

Answer My Question Lalasticlala. / When You Buy Ur Girlfriend Expensive Things(pic) / Industrial Safetyboots For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.