Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,836 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:46 PM

Shelly-ann Fraser-pryce runs 10.76 to Win 100m World Final,Okagbare comes last - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Shelly-ann Fraser-pryce runs 10.76 to Win 100m World Final,Okagbare comes last (837 Views)

Shelley-ann Fraser-pryce: Pregnant Sprinter / Blessing Okagbare Beats Usain Bolt To 2016 Guinness World Records / Fraser-pryce And Fifteen Other Athletes Win Diamond Race Trophies In Zurich (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shelly-ann Fraser-pryce runs 10.76 to Win 100m World Final,Okagbare comes last by zopakks: 4:30pm On Aug 24, 2015
The Jamaican sprinter Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce won the women’s 100m final in a time of 10.76sec to claim gold at the World Athletics Championships in Beijing.

Fraser-Pryce, who was the heavily-tipped favourite and who won the 2009 and 2013 world 100m titles, matched her compatriot Usain Bolt’s feat by winning a third world 100m gold.

The reigning Olympic 100m champion, competing with her dyed green braided hair replete with a garland of yellow flowers, was pushed hard by the European champion, Dafne Schippers, who finished strongly to record a Dutch national record time of 10.81.

“I get tired of 10.7s, honestly,” Fraser-Pryce said. “Hopefully, my next race, I’ll get it together.”

Earlier, Fraser-Pryce had coasted into the final in a time of 10.82, ensuring she had energy in reserve for the main event.

Schippers, a former heptathlete, had vowed to go faster after finishing just a hundredth of a second behind Fraser-Pryce in the semi-finals. She was true to her word but was just not quick enough after a slower start.

“So happy! It’s a national record, I’m second in the world, it’s crazy,” said Schippers. “I was a little bit nervous in the semi-finals, and after that I think, OK, I’m in the final, anything is possible. My start was good, I thought I was close enough to medal. Wow!”

Tori Bowie of the USA won bronze with a time of 10.86. “Of course, we all want the gold medal, but it’s a stepping stone,” said the 24-year-old. “I’ll come back even better next year.”

Meanwhile, Nigerian athletheBlessing Okagbare who had the fourth fastest qualifying time in the semi final running 10.87secs placing second after shelly ann fraser price who ran 10.82 came last in the finals .The Nigerian ran 11.02secs

Source http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/aug/24/shelly-ann-fraser-pryce-wins-world-100m-gold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeX83f6Qogc&fulldescription=1&hl=en-GB&gl=NG&client=mv-google

1 Like

Re: Shelly-ann Fraser-pryce runs 10.76 to Win 100m World Final,Okagbare comes last by zopakks: 4:50pm On Aug 24, 2015
CC: lalasticlala, semid4lyfe, honeric01
Re: Shelly-ann Fraser-pryce runs 10.76 to Win 100m World Final,Okagbare comes last by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 24, 2015
OKAGBARE cry

ILL HOLD HER HUSBAND RESPONSIBLE FOR MAKING MY GAL TO DEFORM with too much AKPAKO

1 Like

Re: Shelly-ann Fraser-pryce runs 10.76 to Win 100m World Final,Okagbare comes last by zopakks: 12:00pm On Aug 25, 2015
MrKontrovErsy:
OKAGBARE cry

ILL HOLD HER HUSBAND RESPONSIBLE FOR MAKING MY GAL TO DEFORM with too much AKPAKO
I disagree

1 Like

Re: Shelly-ann Fraser-pryce runs 10.76 to Win 100m World Final,Okagbare comes last by Nobody: 1:48pm On Aug 25, 2015
zopakks:

I disagree

so its u rather shocked
oboy na kirikiri or zone 6

(1) (Reply)

Merrybet "Predict & Win Over... - Merrybet Sports Betting / Lionel messi is celebrating his birthday today / How Can I Get Rid Of LVG For Christ's Sake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.