Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,591 members, 7,823,576 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) (37758 Views)

Alvan Ikoku Hostel UNN After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday / Education Is meant for those who can afford it(picture) / The Real Reason Behind The 'alvan Ikoku University' Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by uncleck: 11:51pm On Aug 24, 2015
For two weeks now, the rumor that the federal government is planning to strip the newly converted colleges of education to universities of education their university status has been on air. Here in alvan, the news has not gone down well with the school community. On Friday 21st of august, there was a massive but peaceful demonstration (for the second time) by the staff of the school. Following the protest which led to the police use of tear gas to quell the protest, one week strike was announced.

I went to school this morning to discover that all the gates of the school was under lock and key. there was a very large crowd of people at the gate trying to enter, but to no avail. when i finally entered, I learnt that there has been no hostel porter in any of the nine hostels in the school since that Friday.

I could not snap pictures because i wasn't with a good phone, but i later went back to snap just the one bellow.

2 Likes 5 Shares

Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by Kenzico(m): 11:55pm On Aug 24, 2015
That's good! Great development on d way 4 dem

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by uncleck: 12:00am On Aug 25, 2015
Kenzico:
That's good! Great development on d way 4 dem
Good you say? hmm!
Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by Heromaniaa: 12:27am On Aug 25, 2015
by fire by force
Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by vizkiz: 1:57am On Aug 25, 2015
boiling keh? Ok, make them help me boil this yam abeg, I no fit stand up from bed this time.

Its ladyF ag**** oh shut the furck up! angry

27 Likes

Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by oleeee(m): 6:34am On Aug 25, 2015
college of edu not Polly?,,,,,,,hmmmmm.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by bunmioguns(m): 7:53am On Aug 25, 2015
shocked
Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by kenedy175(m): 7:53am On Aug 25, 2015
Hahaha
Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by Nobody: 7:53am On Aug 25, 2015
Me thinks there are criteria to be met before you can call an institution a university. Facility, manpower, capacity.. And so on.

When most of your lecturers are BSc holders, you won't expect that sort of conversion.

Upgrade first! Then convert

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by veekid(m): 7:53am On Aug 25, 2015
ok
Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by bigerboy200: 7:53am On Aug 25, 2015
Lol.. see dis ones ohh..U opened ur eyes and came to a college of of education but want to graduate with a degree?? Where is it done? A college of education is different from a poly and different from a uni...if degree dey sweet ur belle go and collect JAMB form,study hard and gain admission into a uni..

5 Likes

Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by efilefun(m): 7:53am On Aug 25, 2015
Even the universities aint equipped enough to produced well baked graduates now you crying ofconverting a COE to University...lol Most Universities in Nigeria got same standard as high schools over here talk less of a COE. lol They aint even asking of being a polytechnic

9 Likes

Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by MemphisDepay(m): 7:53am On Aug 25, 2015
Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by ladyF(f): 7:53am On Aug 25, 2015
Lol....someone give them headmaster abeg

Its [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by Evaromantik(m): 7:53am On Aug 25, 2015
Listen to Radio Biafra @ 102.1 if you are in the south east or south south...........Nigerian politicians are regreting the existence of Radio Biafra but behold,Biafra Television was launched yesterday and its gonna bring ZOOgeria to a sticky wicket

16 Likes

Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by jorel1(m): 7:54am On Aug 25, 2015
GEJ finished this country.. how can u turn a secondary school to university??
Just go and pass jamb and stop wasting time

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by shegsrules(m): 7:54am On Aug 25, 2015
No be by banner ooooooo

3 Likes

Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by Burger01(m): 7:54am On Aug 25, 2015
smiley
Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by adezjamz(m): 7:54am On Aug 25, 2015
How many professors are in d sch?
Have they met d requirements of being a university already?

It's only in Nigeria that colleges turn universities overnight. Pity...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by Pavore9: 7:55am On Aug 25, 2015
l feel for them, l do not know what Nigeria will gain from reverting it back to a College of Education.

1 Like

Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by korel9: 7:55am On Aug 25, 2015
Similar story in Kano.

What do Nigerians expect when even the head has no certificate? How would he know the difference between a university and a college? angry

Na head I talk I no mention anybody name before the APC e-dullards will start throwing bombs grin grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by G12(m): 7:55am On Aug 25, 2015
No to one step forward and two steps back.
Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by promisechild(m): 7:55am On Aug 25, 2015
ok
Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by godoluwa(m): 7:56am On Aug 25, 2015
if the standard fail to meet the requirements for the school to be university of education, it should be revert to its old status

1 Like

Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 7:56am On Aug 25, 2015
when it gets to 100 degree celsius wake me up
Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by horexy(f): 7:56am On Aug 25, 2015
What actually is d bone of contention?
Can someone pls tell me? angry
Cos I don't understand undecided
Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 7:56am On Aug 25, 2015
Alvan Iko okwu Adighi m........ Aluta continua!

1 Like

Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by Godwinfrank1: 7:56am On Aug 25, 2015
Oololollololo
Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by kennynelcon(m): 7:56am On Aug 25, 2015
hey 1 month strike... ASUU abeg I need it like no other.

1 Like

Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by valandy99(m): 7:57am On Aug 25, 2015
chisos

1 Like

Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by NinaArsenal(f): 7:57am On Aug 25, 2015
undecided college?.. 9ja whc way?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Steps To Check Your Matric Number On JAMB Matriculation List / My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) / Muslim Clerics At Osun School To Enforce Hijab On School Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.