Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,030 members, 7,956,822 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:00 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (268) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4717065 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (3756) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AZUH: 2:59pm On May 25, 2016
@ agarawu you want to demolish my beautiful , sexy house with those machine ? You don't like me I swear dawn .

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Justbusiness: 3:15pm On May 25, 2016
AZUH:
@ agarawu you want to demolish my beautiful , sexy house with those machine ? You don't like me I swear dawn .

what is that?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Demainman1: 3:25pm On May 25, 2016
To fix QC-1 house is going to cost money. A lot of it. Brabus does not have that kind of money. I don't know if QC-1 does.

The question now is, even if QC-1 does have the kind of money we are talking about, will he be comfortable to give it to Brabus to apply the fix?

For those asking Brabus to go back and fix the issue, who will pay for the fix?

I keep asking myself, while would I want to build this kind of mansion in that kind of environment? Why?

I will rather build a Batcher in an affluent area than build a mansion in a poor area with all the monkeys and insects. I know QC-1 is comfortable, so please I will advise you to stop pouring more more into that house.

I know it is your dream home but sometimes we have to count our losses. Start saving your money for your next build preferably on a solid ground.

@EgunMogaji, congrats on your born again sharp sand. If I say you be magicician I wouldn't be farther from the truth if not how a chicken coop of yesterday take become a church today if no be magic grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Empiree: 3:33pm On May 25, 2016
EgunMogaji:
The aluminum roofing is going on this weekend. I feel like a Dad waiting outside the hospital delivery room grin

You mean for fascial parapet or roofing sheet?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by OnetimeOnly: 3:45pm On May 25, 2016
Demainman1:
To fix QC-1 house is going to cost money. A lot of it. Brabus does not have that kind of money. I don't know if QC-1 does.

The question now is, even if QC-1 does have the kind of money we are talking about, will he be comfortable to give it to Brabus to apply the fix?

I keep asking myself, while would I want to build this kind of mansion in that kind of environment? Why?

I will rather build a Batcher in an affluent area than build a mansion in a poor area with all the monkeys and insects. I know QC-1 is comfortable, so please I will advise you to stop pouring more more into that house.

grin

Spot on! You need professionals and a lot of money to fix this.
The approach and mentality that got this building to this state won't fix it . Calling brabus to fix this is calling an arsonist to put out a fire...there is no need to convince Brabus whether he is wrong or not . As far as he is concerned he is always right!!!!

Move on an try to find a fix

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 3:50pm On May 25, 2016
With all respect.
I think anyone can buy wherever they like, water, hill, sea, moon, ocean. No point in blaming or criticizing an area that someone has bought in, at the end of the day they didn't ask the person criticizing for money neither did they ask for help. The point is that if THE ENGINEER/BUILDER had done his or her job well, we will not be having this discussion.

my 2 pence...

agarawu23:
Even if I dey sleep on top money like Oga mufu as accused by oko afusa, grin I cant buy swampy or any land that's romancing water. when they know swear for me say I must buy land in that particular area.

Brabus, I hail the owner of that project.

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:53pm On May 25, 2016
Tritri:
But wait ooh..This Brabus of a Guy Everyone just tired of you.Na only U be the Quake Builder with problem up and down...Why not go check yourself Abi na Spiritual problem?

In a street of over 20 houses, there is Only one house with a raft foundation. The first of its kind in the area. Yes, I can say that again. Every other buildings were built on block (strip) foundation. Not even solid blocks but hollow blocks.

Now, we did 4 board raft, there's a complain it should have been 6. There's another complain it should have been Pile. Or caisson pile. At some point, we wanted to put one of the column supporting 3rd mainland bridge to support a bungalow built by Brabus.

Now, what did others did differently that they were able to stay afloat on the same ground our building cannot stay. The ground that people are recommending 1st of its kind in the whole of AGA, Ikorodu (with about 500 houses) Pile foundation.

THEY KEEP WATER OFF THEIR PROPERTY!

@ Tritri, I know there's a problem but definitely not with me. Here's the reason:

If I set block like every other person, people will say why not raft at least 2 boards
I did 4 boards, they said why not 6 boards.
If I do 6 boards, some people will say isn't that too heavy for a wet land?
If I stay off compromises, they'll say why did you stay off.
If I choose to remain on the project, they'll say when you see those issues why did you not leave immediately and get the client to write an undertaking of indemnity.
If I ask for letter of indemnity, they'll say customer is always right. He is the chief project director. He can fire and hire at will.
If I complain online, they'll say did you articulate very well offline?
If I articulate too well, they'll say must you always blow your trumpet?
If I choose to remain silent, they'll say you no know him. I've been calling him for 100 years and he won't respond.
If I choose to respond, they'll say silence is golden. Let your action do the work.
If I made reference to what works Mr X, they'll ask why did you single Mr Lagbaja out and not minding what Mr X did differently.
If I made reference to successful jobs done in different terrains, they'll call it apple vs orange as if both of them are not edible fruits.
If I foresee a great problem detrimental to the building, they'll reject it in Jesus name.
If I proffer a solution, they'll ask why didn't you implement the fix as if it's done with mouth and not money.

I pray for all those having Brabus-sickness that God will heal them because I really don't know what else to do to satisfy people.

Brabus

I'll rather remain a quack who want an immediate solution than be a pro who play the waiting game.

_______
Sir lastpage, I've received call from Qc1, we will work thing out. I pray for wisdom and financial resources to tackle the issue once and for all.

#prayfortheclient

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 3:56pm On May 25, 2016
Eriko.

Make i clean my glasses.
Am i see a casted raft at the base, coaches of block and then another casted concrete something on top of the block. I never see that one before oo. whats this called ? Designer raft grin

erico2k2:

Swamp is challenging.here is a foundation I did on a swampy ground in the Niger Delta. I have left it now to see what goes on in the surroundings
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 4:12pm On May 25, 2016
3strikes:

Bros is that a raft foundation?
Nop it's got piles and then 3 board re enforced concreatl then 4 Coaches of block yoy see

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 4:14pm On May 25, 2016
n3xt:

So bro's how come all other buildings in the area survived with strip on pad foundation.

They were all pushing the water away from them. The building beside pushed its water into the land using a pipe buried beneath ground. The building is always dry except during the rains.

The last pics posted has a building near it advertised for sale because it's completely useless to the owner as it has sank beyond flood level. It's a crazy swamp with roots!

I don't joke with water in the foundation or the roof!

________

So because it's Apple vs orange, the right preventative measures should be ignored. undecided

Brabus

Noooo, that is not what l mean!

I was saying you cant say 'This building used Pile foundation, yet it sank", to justify that piled buildings too can sink.
I then responded that if that happens, it is beacuse the PILE FAILED.... not properly done.

I have seen some so-called PILE done on Nairaland and l am not very convenient with the process used.

Just one of them, if on very bad land, MAY Fail in future.

Ofcourse, taking the right preventive measures is a pre-requisite.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:15pm On May 25, 2016
erico2k2:

Nop it's got piles and then 3 board re enforced concreat5b4 the 4 Coaches of block yoy see

It's evident you no dey miss class at all. You did all foundation types on one build.

Pls use precast slab on top o
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 4:15pm On May 25, 2016
mavverick:
Eriko.

Make i clean my glasses.
Am i see a casted raft at the base, coaches of block and then another casted concrete something on top of the block. I never see that one before oo. whats this called ? Designer raft grin

Bross wetin my eye see there my mouth nor fit talk cry
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 4:16pm On May 25, 2016
n3xt:

It's evident you no dey miss class at all. You did all foundation types on one build.

Pls use precast slab on top o
That was then ooo and that was a fix cos it sank to that level and stopped
That swamp has mud of more than 5 feet
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by agarawu23(m): 4:22pm On May 25, 2016
3strikes:

Na why we dey call you Alhaji kowope oko Bintu be that o
hahahahahahahahahahahahahah
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 4:22pm On May 25, 2016
erico2k2:

Nop it's got piles and then 3 board re enforced concreatl then 4 Coaches of block yoy see

Nice one bro. It look solid. All the best champ.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:23pm On May 25, 2016
erico2k2:

You did well leaving it for a while.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by agarawu23(m): 4:23pm On May 25, 2016
erico2k2:

Swamp is challenging.here is a foundation I did on a swampy ground in the Niger Delta. I have left it now to see what goes on in the surroundings
its really challenging, only millionaires like u people u can try it cool
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 4:25pm On May 25, 2016
agarawu23:

No one should quote me o. Did erico say this project is in Niger delta? Abi Baba don discover oil for his site?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:26pm On May 25, 2016
agarawu23:

Dont you know there's money is being chosen as a prefect in property forum.

Especially the who writes name of noise maker. Lots of kickbacks from offenders.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by agarawu23(m): 4:30pm On May 25, 2016
mavverick:
With all respect.
I think anyone can buy wherever they like, water, hill, sea, moon, ocean. No point in blaming or criticizing an area that someone has bought in, at the end of the day they didn't ask the person criticizing for money neither did they ask for help. The point is that if THE ENGINEER/BUILDER had done his or her job well, we will not be having this discussion.

my 2 pence...

i know sir; i am talking about myself. to me, its like i am spending foolishly even if i am using the best engineer in the world cos i know i can get a better land elsewhere and i wont be spending millions to do raft foundation and my mind wont be up during raining season. we all gat reasons for our actions cool so we cant be the same especially when your hope is on your *osu su* monthly contribution cheesy

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by agarawu23(m): 4:33pm On May 25, 2016
3strikes:

No one should quote me o. Did erico say this project is in Niger delta? Abi Baba don discover oil for his site?
see another millionaire wan dey pretend shocked
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Justbusiness: 4:35pm On May 25, 2016
agarawu23:
Amen! from your mouth to God's ear.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by agarawu23(m): 4:35pm On May 25, 2016
n3xt:

Dont you know there's money is being chosen as a prefect in property forum.

Especially the who writes name of noise maker. Lots of kickbacks from offenders.
i know millionaires here, i will still do fund raising from them to support my little project soon grin

its not easy to be HEAD, oga erik has the CASH grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Justbusiness: 4:36pm On May 25, 2016
agarawu23:

smiley
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 4:39pm On May 25, 2016
kino47:
NA ONLY THAT RED SHIRT BRABUS GET wearing it both at foundation and decking cheesy am sure he is wearing it today sef cheesy

Its a "Site Uniform"..... You dedicate some "strong wears" for tough site jobs. grin grin

Lastpage!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:42pm On May 25, 2016
lastpage:

Noooo, that is not what l mean!

I was saying you cant say 'This building used Pile foundation, yet it sank", to justify that piled buildings too can sink.
I then responded that if that happens, it is beacuse the PILE FAILED.... not properly done.

I have seen some so-called PILE done on Nairaland and l am not very convenient with the process used.

Just one of them, if on very bad land, MAY Fail in future.

Ofcourse, taking the right preventive measures is a pre-requisite.

Lastpage!

Piles don't sink if rightly done, they get displaced.

Piles can fail just like any other type of foundation. For instance Driven piles can fail at head or toe or along the body with each hammer impact.
Incorrect geotechnical report could cause a major failure if the pile failed to hit the bedrock.

That's the reason why a Pile load test is very important when building mega structures or bridges. For residential, most times the report assumes the embedment to resist lateral load.

Baba, una don work me out today o!

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 4:43pm On May 25, 2016
agarawu23:

Amen ooooooooooo.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:44pm On May 25, 2016
lastpage:

Its a "Site Uniform"..... You dedicate some "strong wears" for tough site jobs. grin grin

Lastpage!

Abeg baba no mind that kino47, na only shirt hin see for all we dey discuss since.

Anyway, the build happened within 40 days and that shirt was my newest pick that time. I just dey rock am
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by agarawu23(m): 4:47pm On May 25, 2016
AZUH:
oga, i like your confidence even when we know say your house get k-leg. grin

the machines will land on your site this week
order from above grin

lets be serious, which step are you taking to fix the house?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 25, 2016
Empiree:
You mean for fascial parapet or roofing sheet?

The roofing.

I don't subscribe to using aluminum for the fascia, it doesn't fit the profile I'm going for.

I want my houses to have a feel of bungalows in Bodija of 50s and 60s.

I be village boy hence VillageHeadMaster.Com grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:49pm On May 25, 2016
Demainman1:

I know it is your dream home but sometimes we have to count our losses. Start saving your money for your next build preferably on a solid ground.

@EgunMogaji, congrats on your born again sharp sand. If I say you be magicician I would be farther from the truth if not how a chicken coop of yesterday take become a church today if no be magic grin

My chief, ti oju ba fi arabale, ari imu grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kino47: 4:52pm On May 25, 2016
yes nah because what is left to say

QC1 God will see you through

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (3756) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: VanuatuWycombe and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.