Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,688 members, 7,955,592 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:03 AM

Why The Prophet Married Lady Aishah? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why The Prophet Married Lady Aishah? (541 Views)

TB Joshua's 55th Birthday: 20 Things To Know About The Prophet / "Insult The Prophet TB Joshua & Evoke Curses Upon Yourself" - Fan / Khadijat Wife Of The Prophet Muhammad SAW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why The Prophet Married Lady Aishah? by mubrex: 8:55am On Aug 25, 2015
According to my knowledge `A’ishah was nine when her marriage to the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) was consummated. Even though there is dispute about her exact age, let’s assume she was nine. Looking at this marriage with today’s societal perception, the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) would be stigmatized as child molester, pedophile, you name it! It may have made sense back in the time to do so, even though I wonder why he did marry her regardless of her very young age. No child in that age can comprehend the emotional and mental ramifications of a marriage. My other point is, the collected Hadiths are based around the Prophet’s actions and sayings (peace and blessings be upon him), and, as he was a human, he would have understood and judged a lot of the things from the cultural milieu that prevailed at the time. Were the Hadith largely influenced by the people’s way of life at the time? Is it true that a lot of things from the Hadith bear no relevance to our current life in this society? Thanks for your answers in advance. Jazakumllahu Khayran.
Re: Why The Prophet Married Lady Aishah? by basilico: 9:07am On Aug 25, 2015
mubrex:
According to my knowledge `A’ishah was nine
when her marriage to the Prophet (peace and
blessings be upon him) was consummated. Even
though there is dispute about her exact age, let’s
assume she was nine. Looking at this marriage
with today’s societal perception, the Prophet (peace
and blessings be upon him) would be stigmatized
as child molester, pedophile, you name it! It may
have made sense back in the time to do so, even
though I wonder why he did marry her regardless of
her very young age. No child in that age can
comprehend the emotional and mental
ramifications of a marriage. My other point is, the
collected Hadiths are based around the Prophet’s
actions and sayings (peace and blessings be upon
him), and, as he was a human, he would have
understood and judged a lot of the things from the
cultural milieu that prevailed at the time. Were the
Hadith largely influenced by the people’s way of life
at the time? Is it true that a lot of things from the
Hadith bear no relevance to our current life in this
society? Thanks for your answers in advance. Jazakumllahu Khayran.

If they bear no relevance why not do away with them?
But if you away with them how will you know how to do the prayer and what verse to recite?
Re: Why The Prophet Married Lady Aishah? by johnydon22(m): 9:22am On Aug 25, 2015
Seriously your prophet muhammed has a serious nut case of chronic pedophilia and a bleeping pervert. . . How can a sane man loose his sexual sanity to the extent of consorting with a 9year old child..

In today's world, he should be in jail...

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Receive Your Healings In Just A Minute / Private Jets And The Lord’s Vineyard In Nigeria By Pius Adesanmi / Islam Satan Can FART

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.