Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

Mistakes Made By First Timers Travelling By Air - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Mistakes Made By First Timers Travelling By Air (62476 Views)

Akeredolu Launches Lagos-Akure Route By Air Peace (Photos) / Travelling To Cotonou For First Timers / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mistakes Made By First Timers Travelling By Air by worldgee: 10:30am On Aug 27, 2015
Mine was really funny.
Re: Mistakes Made By First Timers Travelling By Air by Mishydoo(m): 10:31am On Aug 27, 2015
Gerrarherree....Am no first timer to amything undecided

1 Like

Re: Mistakes Made By First Timers Travelling By Air by powerfulsettingz: 10:34am On Aug 27, 2015
Thanks really get ur point
ohzee:

Please don't ever check in your laptop. You may end up with a cracked screen. You can even use your laptop during the flight. But you must check in liquids, soap and metal objects, though a few are totally prohibited. The only liquid allowed in your carryon luggage gas to be small about 50ml. Always put your important documents in your hand luggage and keep with you at all times. Remember that checked in luggage can get missing or delayed

2 Likes

Re: Mistakes Made By First Timers Travelling By Air by kolaosita4(m): 10:41am On Aug 27, 2015
Tanx cos me neva travel by air sef
Re: Mistakes Made By First Timers Travelling By Air by majamajic(m): 10:41am On Aug 27, 2015
Chibokgame:
Nothing much.
Was just looking for a comfortable seat.

close to a girl ..baa?
Re: Mistakes Made By First Timers Travelling By Air by Mcowubaba: 10:42am On Aug 27, 2015
coolluk:
next month should be my first time and i no wan Bleep up,lol pls can i go in with ma back pack, what kind of bag is deemed to be checked in sad sad
the type of bag doesn't matter...u can even use Ghana must Go(i have don dat b4 cool ) ..
If it is an international flight-mak sure each of ur bag/luggage does nt exceed 50kg....spilt them evenly..
Yes, u can go in with ur bag pack(provided the contents are 'OKAY' -don't put any metal, bomb, gun, weed, etc inside it)..
Abt seat belt..the air hostess will surely explain the procedure on board, or u can politely nd quietly ask ur closet neighbour 4 guidance...sucess sir

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mistakes Made By First Timers Travelling By Air by Ephemmm: 10:42am On Aug 27, 2015
Mutuwa:
sad

Step 3 is not true all the time.
Re: Mistakes Made By First Timers Travelling By Air by ladygudhead(f): 10:47am On Aug 27, 2015
worldgee:
Mine was really funny.
say it naa

1 Like

Re: Mistakes Made By First Timers Travelling By Air by sojiboy(m): 10:48am On Aug 27, 2015
Educative, pls fire on, I need to learn am travelling from Imo to Lagos but by flight on Saturday
Re: Mistakes Made By First Timers Travelling By Air by barc(m): 11:05am On Aug 27, 2015
I told my wife to let us sit in this comfortable side (pointing to business class)

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mistakes Made By First Timers Travelling By Air by Blindtarget2: 11:09am On Aug 27, 2015
Na so my brother,once you give anybody something at the airport especially when you are about to be checked in, you don enter one chance be that. Trolley wey we dey use for free for abroad you go pay for am when you reach Nigeria. angry
Re: Mistakes Made By First Timers Travelling By Air by Me2You225(f): 11:10am On Aug 27, 2015
on my first time, I put my cream and perfume inside my handbag and they didn't allow me to check in with it.( had I known I 4 put am inside my box) I tried selling it cos it cost me a lot to buy them ,no one wanted to buy but they demanded to take it as a gift from me if I want to. I had no option than to give it to someone.( then inside the plane) when we were on air our plane was experiencing some difficulties, the pilot warned us to prepare 4 anything we see and told us if we didn't make to our destination that they are sorry and wish u well that we should no that they have done everything in their power to save us but to no avail. so my dear fear catch me so tha na cry I come they cry, the ask myself watin carry me enter plane, I promised myself that if I survive that one I no go ever enter plane again omo I com hear "gbum gbum gbum " I come shout one wicked shout " mma mu eyi"(my mother ooooooh) people wia shouting Jesus na eme I come change my shouting to Jesus. after sometime our pilot come say we wia out of danger that he is sorry for wat ever we have experienced . omo since that day na fear i de fear until now, even wen I enter car( I don promise myself say I no go enter ship at all) . I can never forget my first experience in a plane

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mistakes Made By First Timers Travelling By Air by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 27, 2015
made sure your belt and rings are original else just remove them and place them in the tray so you dont end up embarrassing yourself

made that mistake on my first trip while traveling by Air via Arik air and it would never happen again

shocked shocked shocked

5 Likes

Re: Mistakes Made By First Timers Travelling By Air by Fulaboy(m): 11:17am On Aug 27, 2015
chysam:
Oh boy suffer head no good oo. My pastor hammer some akpalakpa sometime ago and we were to travel to Jos.Due to an emergency pastorpreneur convention,he had to fly to Jos before me.Then flight ticket cost to Jos from Lagos was N25k by Ariek/Aero.As soon as he landed at Jos,he sent me N30k to board morning flight the following day and join him immediately at Jos as his brief case carrier and errand boy. Omo na night bus I enter oo.EZENWATA TRANSPORT NIG.LTD..saving N25k in the process.
That one na God bless EZENWATA be that grin

5 Likes

Re: Mistakes Made By First Timers Travelling By Air by Olufemiolaolu(m): 11:17am On Aug 27, 2015
oluface:
browsed with my samsung S7
U can lie sha.
Re: Mistakes Made By First Timers Travelling By Air by collinsVP: 11:20am On Aug 27, 2015
Me2You225:
on my first time, I put my cream and perfume inside my handbag and they didn't allow me to check in with it.( had I known I 4 put am inside my box) I tried selling it cos it cost me a lot to buy them ,no one wanted to buy but they demanded to take it as a gift from me if I want to. I had no option than to give it to someone.( then inside the plane) when we were on air our plane was experiencing some difficulties, the pilot warned us to prepare 4 anything we see and told us if we didn't make to our destination that they are sorry and wish u well that we should no that they have done everything in their power to save us but to no avail. so my dear fear catch me so tha na cry I come they cry, the ask myself watin carry me enter plane, I promised myself that if I survive that one I no go ever enter plane again omo I com hear "gbum gbum gbum " I come shout one wicked shout " mma mu eyi"(my mother ooooooh) people wia shouting Jesus na eme I come change my shouting to Jesus. after sometime our pilot come say we wia out of danger that he is sorry for wat ever we have experienced . omo since that day na fear i de fear until now, even wen I enter car( I don promise myself say I no go enter ship at all) . I can never forget my first experience in a plane

Was that an international flight?

1 Like

Re: Mistakes Made By First Timers Travelling By Air by laserjet: 11:24am On Aug 27, 2015
If u fly private jets like I do, u don't to worry about all that.
Re: Mistakes Made By First Timers Travelling By Air by ahaika23: 11:24am On Aug 27, 2015
you folllow him on his return trip? undecided
naijainfogalery:
That was how a man was offered meals the first time he was on air plane and he rejected it thinking he will have to pay only for him to get to his destination and people told him anything he takes is absolutely free, this got him furious, on his return trip, he just kept asking for more saying my money no go waste.

7 Likes

Re: Mistakes Made By First Timers Travelling By Air by drlance(m): 11:28am On Aug 27, 2015
Spent almost 10 mins unfastening the seat belt, when I figured it out,everybody had left the plane tongue

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mistakes Made By First Timers Travelling By Air by peeparty(m): 11:29am On Aug 27, 2015
I just kept struggling with the seat belt.

4 Likes

Re: Mistakes Made By First Timers Travelling By Air by Me2You225(f): 11:30am On Aug 27, 2015
yes dear it was .I traveled to South Africa, stayed two days and went to Botswana.
Re: Mistakes Made By First Timers Travelling By Air by bawz012(m): 11:39am On Aug 27, 2015
chysam:
Oh boy suffer head no good oo. My pastor hammer some akpalakpa sometime ago and we were to travel to Jos.Due to an emergency pastorpreneur convention,he had to fly to Jos before me.Then flight ticket cost to Jos from Lagos was N25k by Ariek/Aero.As soon as he landed at Jos,he sent me N30k to board morning flight the following day and join him immediately at Jos as his brief case carrier and errand boy. Omo na night bus I enter oo.EZENWATA TRANSPORT NIG.LTD..saving N25k in the process.

SHARP GUY!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mistakes Made By First Timers Travelling By Air by kayalcomp: 11:57am On Aug 27, 2015
In my first time experience, i wore a thin cloth when i boarded the plane. After some munites in the air, i started feeling cold especially in my head, as if air was entering through my ears. I was just praying that the plane should land fast. I was relieved of this around 30 minutes after landing. I will not make such a mistake again.

4 Likes

Re: Mistakes Made By First Timers Travelling By Air by Tallest45(m): 12:10pm On Aug 27, 2015
Can't forget the day i carried metal clothe hangers to d airport.......shame one kill me as der collect am in front of evrybody

4 Likes

Re: Mistakes Made By First Timers Travelling By Air by figoperch: 12:15pm On Aug 27, 2015
cevek11:
On my first time, I put my laptop in the big bag to be checked in and had my body lotion in my bag pack.

This gave me away straight as a first timer.

The attendant was friendly so I was not too embarrassed.

What is your story?

You are wrong to generalize. I know a guy who flies regularly without any luggage. Just the clothes on him. Then one day, he had to carry his hand luggage and his lotion was inside and it had to be confiscated. Does that make him a first time flier? No.

Your hypothetical syllogism is totally flawed.

2 Likes

Re: Mistakes Made By First Timers Travelling By Air by BABYLUVLY(f): 12:29pm On Aug 27, 2015
Mine was scary at first. My head swelling and contrasting same time. It was fun. Didn't swicth off my phone. Was snapping because it was an executive jet. Didn't know it interfers with communication. I no see network for that cloud, lol. But in all, I danced shoki say I use 45minutes instead of 6 hours. grin
Re: Mistakes Made By First Timers Travelling By Air by tcoach(m): 12:30pm On Aug 27, 2015
Left behind my e-visa with a colleague while already at the last check before boarding. This was like 10 mins to take off. It was a wild rush. They all catched up and it was all fun via emirate to uae. Immigrations can distabilize first timers, so arrive for check in on time.

2 Likes

Re: Mistakes Made By First Timers Travelling By Air by conyema12(m): 12:39pm On Aug 27, 2015
majamajic:
People rushing to board as if anyone will be left out grin. Once u have boarding pass ... no need to rush. Its not danfo, your seat will wait for u.

Most people are actually rushing to be sure they get a space in the overhead lockers matching their seats as some people have the habit of occupying theirs and even that of other people, only for the flight attendant to move urs somewhere very far from your seat.

4 Likes

Re: Mistakes Made By First Timers Travelling By Air by Nobody: 12:43pm On Aug 27, 2015
missKiffy:

You must be from Edo state cheesy
undecided does ezenwa sound like edo name or is it only in edo there's village aircraft, why mentioning state

4 Likes

Re: Mistakes Made By First Timers Travelling By Air by bigtt76(f): 12:46pm On Aug 27, 2015
Hahaha ...you must be joking grin shaaaa it can happen o! Those people can beg 'officially' grin last time they tried me, I told them I had my Bank Cards with me so I don't carry cash, dem let me go #foolishPeople

OYINBOGOJU:
I declared the full total money i had on me.

All government agencies that was present got their own share from me.

When i checked what remain with me in the flight

I discovered i lost almost $1500.

Ever since then, i always check-in my cash with baggage and keep little in my wallet.

1 Like

Re: Mistakes Made By First Timers Travelling By Air by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 27, 2015
chysam:
Lmao
Re: Mistakes Made By First Timers Travelling By Air by majamajic(m): 12:49pm On Aug 27, 2015
conyema12:

Most people are actually rushing to be sure they get a space in the overhead lockers matching their seats as some people have the habit of occupying theirs and even that of other people, only for the flight attendant to move urs somewhere very far from your seat.

Is that not stupidity when u know that 99% at the end have their luggages above or right opposite them. Oyibo to rush to board. Still they travel with luggages. We are always in hurry, u see someone hurrying to church grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

First Commercial Plane To Land At Anambra Airport For Runway Testing (Photos) / Can This Happen At Nigerian Embassies? / On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.