Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,579 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

Help... My Experience With Carbide Gas Cylinder.. Graphic Pictures - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help... My Experience With Carbide Gas Cylinder.. Graphic Pictures (1056 Views)

Fruits Ripened With Carbide Can Cause Heart, Kidney And Liver Failure - NAFDAC / Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos / Conjoined Twins Delivered In Jos Die (graphic Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help... My Experience With Carbide Gas Cylinder.. Graphic Pictures by Nobody: 1:53pm On Aug 25, 2015
I m an officer freshly recruited in 1 of the paramilitary agencies in this country, on this fateful day 28 Dec 2014, I went out with my wife of 1 year freshly married that was heavily pregnant and 3 of my younger siblings to visit some relatives on a nearby estate.. On the way a stone hit the exhaurst (silencer) of my car so it wasn't sounding good and I decided to stop by the road side gas welder and do it since it won't take up to 10 minutes its the kind of welder that they use gas and carbide 2 different cylinders, my wife and sister were given a place to seat near bye and as as the person in charge started the work I was standing close to my car and loonking at the whole process.. The next thing I heared was an explosion I didn't even know what it was I just found myself in the hospital bed.... The carbide cylinder exploaded and it scartered my left leg... It almost remove my left leg pieces the bones of my left leg... The shock of the incident make my wife lost a 4 month old pregnancy...... From the time to date I've spent more than 1.5 million on about 4 different surgeries of plastic surgery, skin graft and bone graft... The problem now is that the leg is curved and very short and my Dr made it clear that I need to go to india or UK for bone Lengthening surgery which will coast me @least 3million Naira..... And as a paramiltary officer if my leg remains like this I'll certainly lost my job in health grounds sooner or latter.... My family House is in karu site Abattoir close, FCT Abuja and I live with my wife in Keffi Nasarawa state.... that wish to help me way funding and or prayers I'll be grateful can visit me in of the two addreses and see and assess me themselves, I will be available for them thanks my contacts +2348038885370 email- ezekielwarmis@gmail.com Below are the pictures Picture1 and 1 and 2 First week of the incident Picture 3 the kind of surgery neded on the leg picture 4 present condition of my leg.... Thanks

Re: Help... My Experience With Carbide Gas Cylinder.. Graphic Pictures by whirlwind7(m): 1:56pm On Aug 25, 2015
shocked
That was a gruesome experience you've been through. Sure this kind of surgery isn't undertaken in Nigeria?
I feel your plight, man. At the same time I'm asking myself such questions like, what about the technician/mechanic whose careless could have caused this? Is he not liable in any way?
What has been the response and/or position of your employer, the paramilitary agency you mentioned? Is there sort of a medical insurance attached with your job?
Perhaps you can send a mail to nairaland's TeHN.
Re: Help... My Experience With Carbide Gas Cylinder.. Graphic Pictures by sylvar02(m): 1:59pm On Aug 25, 2015
Bad! Bad!! Bad!!!
Re: Help... My Experience With Carbide Gas Cylinder.. Graphic Pictures by Nobody: 2:27pm On Aug 25, 2015
whirlwind7:
shocked
That was a gruesome experience you've been through. Sure this kind of surgery isn't undertaken in Nigeria?
I feel your plight, man. At the same time I'm asking myself such questions like, what about the technician/mechanic whose careless could have caused this? Is he not liable in any way?
What has been the response and/or position of your employer, the paramilitary agency you mentioned? Is there sort of a medical insurance attached with your job?
the Welder man is a kind of person that feeds from hand to mouth.... If I say he has to treat me he'll sell all he has including his house without raising 10% of the medical bills.... So the logical thing to do is just to leave him alone... Look for help somewhere and advice others to be carefull with those gas welding materials.. Thanks
Re: Help... My Experience With Carbide Gas Cylinder.. Graphic Pictures by Nobody: 3:03pm On Aug 25, 2015
whirlwind7:
shocked
I work with Customs and Customs can only take responsibility for what happens to you on duty not outside Ūя̲̅ duty post... And the time was christmass break, I went 2 my state for Christmass.. Off duty.... PLS Help me withn the email of Nairaland Tech... I don't have I will send to them if I get thanks
Re: Help... My Experience With Carbide Gas Cylinder.. Graphic Pictures by whirlwind7(m): 5:11pm On Aug 25, 2015
Warmis:
I work with Customs and Customs can only take responsibility for what happens to you on duty not outside Ūя̲̅ duty post... And the time was christmass break, I went 2 my state for Christmass.. Off duty.... PLS Help me withn the email of Nairaland Tech... I don't have I will send to them if I get thanks

That was so unfortunate.
The e-Helpers Network email is ehelpersnetwork@gmail.com
I think I recall reading somewhere that they stopped taking donations for medical cases. Give it a shot, though.
Re: Help... My Experience With Carbide Gas Cylinder.. Graphic Pictures by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 25, 2015
whirlwind7:

That was so unfortunate.
The e-Helpers Network email is ehelpersnetwork@gmail.com
I think I recall reading somewhere that they stopped taking donations for medical cases. Give it a shot, though.
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Ways To Care For The Eyes / Cancer, Neurological Diseases Can Be Treated In Nigeria / How I Lost Over 45KG With Healthy Eating- Ennada Fitness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.