Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,266 members, 7,818,921 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

Growing Potatoes In Sacks. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Growing Potatoes In Sacks. (15899 Views)

Sweet Potatoes In Large Quantity / Dry Season Ugu Planting In Sacks / Growing Watermelon In Sacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Growing Potatoes In Sacks. by Pavore9: 2:54pm On Aug 25, 2015
Last year, l got to watch a programme on CCTV Africa that highlighted Zimbabwean women who were into growing potatoes in sacks and l am so glad it is on Youtube.

l will kind of transcribe some parts and screen snap for those who may not be opportune to watch the video for now.

'Growing potatoes in sacks is an Israeli adopted technology which can yield up to 3 times more than would be achieved using traditional methods.It also lends itself well to crammed urban areas' In a section of the video,there are 520 sacks of potatoes which the women expect that each sack would yield 20Kg, with an expected harvest of over 10tonnes (10,000kg) at the then current value of 60cents per kilo, expecting no less than $6,000.....Diamond in the dirt! cheesy

Bringing it home, we can experiment and come out with good yield. Like an Italian colleague always say, in today's agriculture, innovative knowledge is more important than space because it determines the output of the space. This is so very true because the size of Israel as a Country is 20,770 km² while Niger State which is one of the States in Nigeria is 76,363km² but Israel is the Global Boss when it comes to Agriculture!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COjXebeaadw

3 Likes

Re: Growing Potatoes In Sacks. by Pavore9: 3:01pm On Aug 25, 2015
More..

Re: Growing Potatoes In Sacks. by Jesusbaby6(f): 5:05pm On Aug 25, 2015
Wonderful that is Irish potato sir
Re: Growing Potatoes In Sacks. by kentochi(m): 5:48pm On Aug 25, 2015
this is lovely
Re: Growing Potatoes In Sacks. by Pavore9: 6:02pm On Aug 25, 2015
More...

Re: Growing Potatoes In Sacks. by Pavore9: 6:07pm On Aug 25, 2015
Jesusbaby6:
Wonderful that is Irish potato sir

You are right this particular one is Irish as l got it mixed it up with the sweet potatoes video l was watching. Send me a mail, l have an update for you regarding the bag for vertical farming.
Re: Growing Potatoes In Sacks. by Pavore9: 6:45pm On Aug 25, 2015
More..

Re: Growing Potatoes In Sacks. by Jesusbaby6(f): 6:05am On Aug 26, 2015
Pavore9:

You are right this particular one is Irish as l got it mixed it up with the sweet potatoes video l was watching. Send me a mail, l have an update for you regarding the bag for vertical farming.
ok sir. Good morning
Re: Growing Potatoes In Sacks. by Pavore9: 6:27am On Aug 26, 2015
More...

Re: Growing Potatoes In Sacks. by miqos02(m): 1:51pm On Aug 26, 2015
Pavore9:

You are right this particular one is Irish as l got it mixed it up with the sweet potatoes video l was watching Send me a mail, l have an update for you regarding the bag for vertical farming.
pls can I get the info on vertical farming too?
Re: Growing Potatoes In Sacks. by Pavore9: 1:55pm On Aug 26, 2015
miqos02:
pls can I get the info on vertical farming too?

Which info?
Re: Growing Potatoes In Sacks. by masties2(f): 6:07pm On Aug 26, 2015
Pavore9, ur passion for agriculture is so pleasing and refreshing.

2 Likes

Re: Growing Potatoes In Sacks. by SHOPPERS(m): 8:21pm On Aug 26, 2015
Pls how many months does it take to plant and harvest sweet potato. I have a farm land on which I can practice it. Pls enlighten us. Thanks.
Re: Growing Potatoes In Sacks. by phoenixchap: 10:47am On Aug 27, 2015
Pavore9:

Which info?
I am already dancing SKELEWU waiting for my sack grin... your passion for Nigerians and Nigeria agricultural sector marvel me..
More power to u boss!
Re: Growing Potatoes In Sacks. by Jesusbaby6(f): 11:10am On Aug 27, 2015
Pavore9:

Which info?
Sir I sent u a mail. Waiting for ur reply sir
Re: Growing Potatoes In Sacks. by Pavore9: 11:35am On Aug 27, 2015
Jesusbaby6:
Sir I sent u a mail. Waiting for ur reply sir
l will do that later as l can't access my mail where l am right now.
Re: Growing Potatoes In Sacks. by hajlat(m): 12:42pm On Aug 27, 2015
God bless Pavore9

1 Like

Re: Growing Potatoes In Sacks. by ensodev(m): 4:24pm On Aug 27, 2015
Pls how many months does it take to plant and harvest sweet potato.
also...is it the same period for sweet and irish potato. Thanks.
Re: Growing Potatoes In Sacks. by kk4real: 7:04pm On Aug 27, 2015
Pavore. Pls i need to reach you via mail urgently. I sent you a mail from tonero98@yahoo.com
Please reply as soon as you can.
Thanks
Re: Growing Potatoes In Sacks. by ekamavictor(m): 8:35pm On Aug 27, 2015
Hi Pavore, I see u starting as commisioner of agriculture in your state soon IJN. Please how can you help buy some practical video clips on agriculture and send to me, I need dat of dis sack farming, berry and someothers u can lay your hands upon. Thanks bro, more grease to ur elbow
Re: Growing Potatoes In Sacks. by whitecloth: 5:05pm On Aug 29, 2015
Pavore9:

Can you send me an update too.
tenibolade@yahoo.com
Re: Growing Potatoes In Sacks. by whitecloth: 5:09pm On Aug 29, 2015
I think the only issue I have is how to get seedlings in Anambra state. thanks.
Re: Growing Potatoes In Sacks. by whitecloth: 5:12pm On Aug 29, 2015
ekamavictor:
Hi Pavore, I see u starting as commisioner of agriculture in your state soon IJN. Please how can you help buy some practical video clips on agriculture and send to me, I need dat of dis sack farming, berry and someothers u can lay your hands upon. Thanks bro, more grease to ur elbow

I just typed potato farming in sack on Google, come an see how video plenty for downloading, and also PDF files.
would you care to try it also, maybe it might help.
Re: Growing Potatoes In Sacks. by Pavore9: 5:37pm On Aug 29, 2015
ekamavictor:

You make me laugh! cheesy cheesy cheesy Personally l am not interested in that but l hope l will someday visit my home state to set up projects on behalf of communities, imagine Imo state producing strawberries, pepino melons, broccoli, Kale, Red stark apples and peaches una go fear. fear! cheesy

For videos clips, l have a whole lots of them. Send me a PM.

1 Like

Re: Growing Potatoes In Sacks. by Pavore9: 5:42pm On Aug 29, 2015
whitecloth:

Can you send me an update too.
tenibolade@yahoo.com

Nothing much, just updated her based on our earlier discussion on getting the bags used for the vertical farming.
Re: Growing Potatoes In Sacks. by boluwajokosegun: 9:33pm On Aug 29, 2015
@Pavore9 cant u help us buy d bags & send to us at a fee which will include all ur logistics & expebses. Ur joy is to c us practise what u pass across . Many Thanks
Re: Growing Potatoes In Sacks. by Pavore9: 10:40pm On Aug 29, 2015
boluwajokosegun:
@Pavore9 cant u help us buy d bags & send to us at a fee which will include all ur logistics & expebses. Ur joy is to c us practise what u pass across . Many Thanks

That l am working on as l am in communication with some and working towards having the first batch arriving Nigeria on the 6th September.
Re: Growing Potatoes In Sacks. by drollster(m): 7:50am On Aug 30, 2015
Pavore9:

That l am working on as l am in communication with some and working towards having the first batch arriving Nigeria on the 6th September.

Good morning. I am interested in the bags and would like to buy some when they arrive. Thanks.
Re: Growing Potatoes In Sacks. by Pavore9: 8:16am On Aug 30, 2015
drollster:

Good morning. I am interested in the bags and would like to buy some when they arrive. Thanks.

l am not buying to have it resold as l am just helping those who need them to buy on their behalf and have them sent down.
Re: Growing Potatoes In Sacks. by drollster(m): 12:14pm On Aug 30, 2015
Pavore9:

l am not buying to have it resold as l am just helping those who need them to buy on their behalf and have them sent down.

Understand now. Thanks. So please how can you aid me yo get some of the bags? Thanks.
Re: Growing Potatoes In Sacks. by Pavore9: 3:00pm On Aug 30, 2015
drollster:

Understand now. Thanks. So please how can you aid me yo get some of the bags? Thanks.

Send me a PM.
Re: Growing Potatoes In Sacks. by phoenixchap: 3:30pm On Aug 30, 2015
Pavore9:

You make me laugh! cheesy cheesy cheesy Personally l am not interested in that but l hope l will someday visit my home state to set up projects on behalf of communities, imagine Imo state producing strawberries, pepino melons, broccoli, Kale, Red stark apples and peaches una go fear. fear! cheesy

For videos clips, l have a whole lots of them. Send me a PM.

That will be immense and we will be grateful

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Low Cost Greenhouse From N200,000 / My Two Plots Of Maize Farm (planted 16/02!2018) / Abia Nurtures 2million Palm Seedlings (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.