Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,687 members, 7,820,394 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

Does Disbelief In Superstitions Implies How Civilised One Is? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Does Disbelief In Superstitions Implies How Civilised One Is? (476 Views)

Name Some Superstitions That Are Peculiar To Your State Or Location (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does Disbelief In Superstitions Implies How Civilised One Is? by Angelou(m): 4:25pm On Aug 25, 2015
Earlier This Morning some of my roommates who were preparing for general studies Exams where deliberating over the likely questions that might come out. One of the examples a guy among them gave was: "who is d president of Nigeria?".. And jokingly my friend replied him dat d OOni of Ife is the correct answer.. Then another guy was like "u beta keep shut B4 d man's spirit comes over to slap u" and my friend vehemently replied that d dead couldn't exercise any influence over the living and all those spiritual stuffs were superstitions. He further said it was because the guy was local and had a crude and primitive mindset that's why he still believed in such trash. I just sat back and watched the "rap battle" grin that ensued after that statement..
But my question isthat does ones level of civilization and exposure determines whether he/she is susceptible to spiritual attack or not?
Thanks.
Re: Does Disbelief In Superstitions Implies How Civilised One Is? by johnydon22(m): 4:46pm On Aug 25, 2015
Nope... there wre some very illitrate and uncivilized people whi do not share beliefs in superstitions
Re: Does Disbelief In Superstitions Implies How Civilised One Is? by Angelou(m): 5:23pm On Aug 25, 2015
johnydon22:
Nope... there wre some very illitrate and uncivilized people whi do not share beliefs in superstitions
not less than 70% of the so-called "illiterate and uncivilised" populace resides in rural areas (which happens to be the "melting pot" of superstitous beliefs... But that doesn't annul that the fact that most civilised urban dwellers still harbor superstitious beliefs in their minds

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Who Can Give Good Answer TO This QUESTION? / Associated With Any Of The Cards / Blatter Backs Kalu For FIFA President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.