Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,117 members, 7,821,831 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

Who Knows The Name Of This Fruit? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Who Knows The Name Of This Fruit? (9568 Views)

What Is This Fruit Called In English? / Please Who Knows The Real Name Of This 'Fruit'? / Fruit Seller Washing Fruit With Gutter Water (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Knows The Name Of This Fruit? by Sleekbaby(f): 10:11am On Aug 26, 2015
A friend of mine that went to Imo state brought this fruit for me, I rejected it at first because the shell was very disgusting but when she brought out the fruit inside it was very cool and tasted good too. It tastes like carrot.
Has anyone seen it and what is it called in your dialect, She said they call it Achicha in Imo state, I don't know d English name though.

1 Like

Re: Who Knows The Name Of This Fruit? by Mologi(m): 10:43am On Aug 26, 2015
You are now looking for the vArious dialectical names like Johnny right?

1 Like

Re: Who Knows The Name Of This Fruit? by Sleekbaby(f): 11:01am On Aug 26, 2015
You are now looking for the vArious dialectical names like Johnny right?

Is it bad?
Re: Who Knows The Name Of This Fruit? by hazureal(f): 9:59am On Aug 27, 2015
It looks like walnut (Tetracarpidium conophorum).
Re: Who Knows The Name Of This Fruit? by tpiander: 4:59pm On Aug 27, 2015
Re: Who Knows The Name Of This Fruit? by Empressgifted(f): 9:48pm On Aug 27, 2015
I know it as "Achicha" in Igbo. I don't know the English name.
Re: Who Knows The Name Of This Fruit? by mecussey(m): 9:31am On May 02, 2016
Sleekbaby:
A friend of mine that went to Imo state brought this fruit for me, I rejected it at first because the shell was very disgusting but when she brought out the fruit inside it was very cool and tasted good too. It tastes like carrot.
Has anyone seen it and what is it called in your dialect, She said they call it Achicha in Imo state, I don't know d English name though.

its called achicha simple...u may convert it to bush bread or flourless bread or bread fruit since bible calls achicha bread. If u carry am go U.S or UK now...they will give it one name, tell us why we should eat or not, tell us how poisonous or potent it is and we will stupidly agree. Then if i fail to write the English name for exam, then i don fail be that and we think Africa will move forward.

1 Like

Re: Who Knows The Name Of This Fruit? by Nobody: 1:38pm On May 02, 2016
that's a star Apple
Re: Who Knows The Name Of This Fruit? by Splasshhh(f): 7:33pm On Apr 14, 2017
Sleekbaby:

It is called bush carrot
Re: Who Knows The Name Of This Fruit? by Sleekbaby(f): 9:04pm On Apr 14, 2017
[quote author=Splasshhh post=55571690]

It is called bush carrot

Wow! really, thanks dear
Re: Who Knows The Name Of This Fruit? by Nategaoo: 10:06pm On Aug 29, 2018
Monkey Kola or Cola Lepidota

1 Like

Re: Who Knows The Name Of This Fruit? by happystep(m): 10:50am On Sep 14, 2018
Nategaoo:

Please remove monkey from that fruit. That fruit is indigenous to our rainforests in West Africa. It is a specie of the kola family of trees.

There is no English name because it did not come from foreign country. We may just manage to call it bush kola. Just like what happened with mango and bush mango (ogbono fruit or uguri)

1 Like

Re: Who Knows The Name Of This Fruit? by happystep(m): 10:51am On Sep 14, 2018
Nategaoo:

Please remove monkey from that fruit. That fruit is indigenous to our rainforests in West Africa. It is a specie of the kola family of trees. Don't falsely connect this fruit with monkey pox as many started since this year.

There is no clear cut English name because it did not come from foreign country. We may just manage to call it bush kola. Just like what happened with mango and bush mango (ogbono fruit or uguri)
Re: Who Knows The Name Of This Fruit? by JennyJuggs: 5:08pm On Sep 14, 2018
Apricot is what they called it then in nysc camp rivers state. That's the only place I have seen it till date. Just looked up apricot on Google now and it is quite different.

(1) (Reply)

How To Graduate From An Amateur To Professional Cook (simple Guides) / Puff-puff Recipe / Fake St. Louis Sugar In Circulation , Nafdac Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.