Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,703 members, 7,809,673 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:52 PM

How Do I Secure My Designs? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How Do I Secure My Designs? (773 Views)

Does Anyone Know A Fashion Illustrator To Draw My Designs ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Secure My Designs? by dantori(m): 12:10pm On Aug 26, 2015
I HAVE FASHION IDEAS EVEN THOUGH I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO SEW BUT I HAVE CREATIVE DESIGNS I WOULD LOVE TO SELL/BRING TO THE PUBLIC BUT I WANT TO SECURE PROPRIETORSHIP FOR MY DESIGNS FIRST, PLS I WOULD NEED IDEAS AND HELPFUL SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO GO ABOUT IT. THANKS
Re: How Do I Secure My Designs? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Sep 01, 2015
dantori:
I HAVE FASHION IDEAS EVEN THOUGH I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO SEW BUT I HAVE CREATIVE DESIGNS I WOULD LOVE TO SELL/BRING TO THE PUBLIC BUT I WANT TO SECURE PROPRIETORSHIP FOR MY DESIGNS FIRST, PLS I WOULD NEED IDEAS AND HELPFUL SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO GO ABOUT IT. THANKS
you like me then. According to the research have carried its always better to register a brand/name behind the idea, so you not just presenting and idea, that can be stolen or duplicated, your present a name, a brand, an asset that is economically recognizable, or should i say the government recognize according to your state code, depends, that way anyone trying to steal or replicate your idea would be scared, because of the legal charges involved. - an idea is an intellectual property.

-another way is to get whoever you are pitching your idea too, be it an individual, a company or a group, doesnt matter get them to sign a non-disclosure form, easily drafted by you or you could walk into a court house and demand one "charges apply, worst case #500".

That way the parties involved are bond my the law not to diverge or replicate your idea.

The first option i gave is the strongest but expensive, because it has no back by law" except whoever is replicating your ideas, has to be faceless, untraceable "

The second option is cheaper and efficient, but has a back door, a third person background, because only does who signed the non-disclosure form are bind by law, a third person on the other hand is not.

In general no matter how expensive if you believe in your idea, give it a name, a face and a brand "then sell it off" you'll profit more. Then just pitching a #50-20 idea. Instead of a million - billion dollar idea.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Secure My Designs? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 01, 2015
Charges apply you go play me for consultation, #kidding
Re: How Do I Secure My Designs? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Sep 01, 2015
I once uploaded my designs on badoo, for fun a lady i was chatting with stole it, then blocked me. Months later found the design on her fb account accidentally. #i smashed my head to the wall that day.
Re: How Do I Secure My Designs? by dantori(m): 11:36pm On Sep 01, 2015
[quote author=chalantmike post=37560857]you like me then. According to the research have carried its always better to register a brand/name behind the idea, so you not just presenting and idea, that can be stolen or duplicated, your present a name, a brand, an asset that is economically recognizable, or should i say the government recognize according to your state code, depends, that way anyone trying to steal or replicate your idea would be scared, because of the legal charges involved. - an idea is an intellectual property.

-another way is to get whoever you are pitching your idea too, be it an individual, a company or a group, doesnt matter get them to sign a non-disclosure form, easily drafted by you or you could walk into a court house and demand one "charges apply, worst case #500".

That way the parties involved are bond my the law not to diverge or replicate your idea.

Seriously This Is Really Helpful Pls Can We Talk Am On 08035616294. Thanks
Re: How Do I Secure My Designs? by 3rdlegxxx(m): 5:51pm On Nov 02, 2016
[quote author=dantori post=37577862][/quote]

Hope u worked out well..

1 Like

Re: How Do I Secure My Designs? by dantori(m): 6:06pm On Nov 02, 2016
3rdlegxxx:

Hope u worked out well..
actually I later decided to learn the tailoring myself just started tho
Re: How Do I Secure My Designs? by 3rdlegxxx(m): 7:42pm On Nov 02, 2016
dantori:

actually I later decided to learn the tailoring myself just started tho

good to know, good luck with being creative

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Condom Fashion.. Ladies Can U? / Stunning And Stylish Igbo Brides Fashion Look Book That Will Wow You / Friday Night Out Styles : Be Inspired

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.