Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,215 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

The Moon - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Moon (551 Views)

See How The Blood Moon Looked Like In Port Harcourt / Mind Blowing Proof That Sun And Moon Both Orbit Earth FLAT EARTH / China To Set Up Village On Moon, Sealed Up 200 Students To Stimulate Isolation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Moon by carlwinnie(m): 9:40pm On Aug 26, 2015
I saw somthing realy strange well i dont know it might not sound so strange to some person....i saw a round circle in the sky and the moon was right in the middle.i was the first person who saw this and i got scared when i asked my elder sister what that meant she said it means somebody might die in summary it means something bad ....please fellow nairalander what could this mean?
Re: The Moon by Nobody: 12:44am On Aug 27, 2015
If you saw something like this:

Then it is completely normal.

The circle you saw around the moon is called a corona; in fact it is common among celestial bodies like the sun and other planets.
They are seen when the clouds are thin enough that each single corona light ray reaching the eye is scattered or diffracted by only one droplet. Of course, the whole corona is made by a great many droplets individually scattering the moonlight.

Sometimes as clouds pass over the moon the corona shrinks and swells as different sized droplets mould it.
Small droplets make the largest coronae with aureoles a few moon diameters across.

You do not see the sun's corona because it is so bright, but you're able to see it during an eclipse.
This is what the sun's corona looks like:

So you can see, OP, that it is nothing to be scared of.

Hope this helps.
Cheers.
Re: The Moon by carlwinnie(m): 10:26am On Aug 27, 2015
hmmmm yes i could not sleep at night i ws jus tinkin about who might die

(1) (Reply)

University Of Calabar (UNICAL) Pre-degree/ Diploma Form Is On. (081-3124-1212) / WAEC Adjust SEP/OCT Timetable In The On-going WAEC Nov/dec Exam For Salah Festiv / Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.