Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,592 members, 7,809,146 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

A Reporter Was Shot While Live On Air & Shooter Films Himself During Killin-pics - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / A Reporter Was Shot While Live On Air & Shooter Films Himself During Killin-pics (1161 Views)

Falz Reacts To Corper Linda Angela Igwetu Who Was Shot By SARS / Last Photo Of Xxxtentacion Moments Before He Was Shot / "I Was Shot For Nothing In South Africa" - AY Says (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Reporter Was Shot While Live On Air & Shooter Films Himself During Killin-pics by nairaroot: 3:32am On Aug 27, 2015
Suspect Vesper Lee Flanagan - who worked at the station under the name Bryce Williams - shot himself a short time after the footage was uploaded

The suspected gunman police are hunting over the murder of two TV journalists appears to have posted sick footage of the murder on Twitter.

Suspected shooter Vesper Lee Flanagan - who worked at the WDBJ7 station under the name Bryce Williams - shot himself a short time after the footage was uploaded, police have confirmed.

He is said to be in a critical condition.

Williams, 41, appeared to have uploaded footage of the shooting on his Twitter and Facebook accounts.

The 20-second clip shows the shooter approaching reporter Alison Parker before pointing a gun at her.

She is then seen running away as shots are fired.

A series of accusations were also posted on Twitter before the footage was uploaded.

He accused Ms Parker of making racist comments and said Mr Ward had made a report to the station's HR department about him.

He then chillingly said: "I filmed the shooting see Facebook". The accounts have since been deleted.

Bryce was at one stage being chased by six police cars but appeared to have posted the footage while under pursuit.

Officials say he shot himself at 11.25am around four-and-a-half hours after the shooting.

Alison and photographer Adam Ward, 27, were both killed while working on an interview for the WBDJ channel in Moneta, Virginia, this morning.

WDBJ reporter Alison was interviewing Vicki Gardner about a local news story at approximately 6.45am local time when the shots rang out.

Ms Gardner was shot in the back and was taken to hospital suffering serious injuries.

Both women screamed as the camera fell to the floor at approximately 6.45am local time.

The TV audience then gets the briefest glimpse of a man, who police believe is the gunman, appearing to pointing a gun towards the downed cameraman.

The broadcast before it cuts back to a stunned Kimberly McBroom in the studio.

A man standing near the two women, dressed in dark clothing and holding what appears to be a gun, is briefly seen in news clip, standing by the women.

He calmly steps away from the scene before the video cuts away.

Williams is a former employee of the station and was described an an 'experienced reporter' at the time he was hired.

The station is said to have received a 23-page fax from Williams yesterday which has now been handed over to police.

In a series of heartbreaking tweets, TV news anchor Chris Hurst said he had been in a relationship with Alison unknown to the viewers and the couple were planning to get married.

"We were together almost nine months," he wrote. "It was the best nine months of our lives. We wanted to get married. We just celebrated her 24th birthday.

"She was the most radiant woman I ever met. And for some reason she loved me back. She loved her family, her parents and her brother.

"She was the most radiant woman I ever met. And for some reason she loved me back. She loved her family, her parents and her brother.

"This is unconscionable. But I WILL share her story because it is one full of life, dreams, love and amazing journalism.

"She just finished working on an incredible special on child abuse and it was fantastic. We will get through this and there will be justice. Your thoughts and prayers mean the world to me."

Announcing the deaths, WDBJ-TV's Mr Marks said: "It is my very, very sad duty to report that we have determined through the help of the police and our own employees that Alison and Adam died this morning shortly after 6.45 after the shots rang out."

He continued to pay tribute during the sombre broadcast, in which station employees could be heard crying in the background.

Anchor Kimberly McBroom added: "These two were more than what you saw here on TV, they were much, much more.

The 24-year-old was described as the 'rock star of the station' by heartbroken colleagues who bravely continued to broadcast as news of their colleagues deaths came in.

Adam was engaged to station producer Melissa Ott, a producer at the station, who was in its control room when the shootings were broadcast.

It was thought to be her last day at the station, before she started a new job in North Carolina.

Adam planned to move with her, and there had been a leaving celebration earlier that morning.

Following the shooting several police forces around the country including in New York have increased security at TV stations.

SOURCE: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/virginia-shooter-films-himself-gunning-6325156

http://www.nairaroot.com/shooter-films-himself-during-killing/#.Vd51-siL3IU

Re: A Reporter Was Shot While Live On Air & Shooter Films Himself During Killin-pics by PapaNnamdi: 3:36am On Aug 27, 2015
gnm
Re: A Reporter Was Shot While Live On Air & Shooter Films Himself During Killin-pics by oluwafemi113(m): 3:40am On Aug 27, 2015

It can only happen in Oyinbo land
Re: A Reporter Was Shot While Live On Air & Shooter Films Himself During Killin-pics by goldenceo1: 3:50am On Aug 27, 2015
Since sleep is not forth coming to night. lemme b jobless like INTROVERT n LADYF to booked space. back to d topic, guess channels tv reporter ERUKA was luckier enough to survive rivers Apc rally.
Re: A Reporter Was Shot While Live On Air & Shooter Films Himself During Killin-pics by TI1919(m): 3:50am On Aug 27, 2015
cool
Re: A Reporter Was Shot While Live On Air & Shooter Films Himself During Killin-pics by Nobody: 4:00am On Aug 27, 2015
If he did this just cos he had to cause problems,may he face after-lifes judgement but if actually d woman insulted d blacks/black skin(racist comments),i wish she was shot more than 1ce..
Re: A Reporter Was Shot While Live On Air & Shooter Films Himself During Killin-pics by dmola(m): 4:12am On Aug 27, 2015
its well
Re: A Reporter Was Shot While Live On Air & Shooter Films Himself During Killin-pics by gunpoint(m): 4:22am On Aug 27, 2015
Shooter smoking some good weed i guess
Re: A Reporter Was Shot While Live On Air & Shooter Films Himself During Killin-pics by Kenzico(m): 4:26am On Aug 27, 2015
Am still shocked with dis news o!! How can some crazy psycho end someone's life on a news set?? What is America even turning into?
Re: A Reporter Was Shot While Live On Air & Shooter Films Himself During Killin-pics by ukaegbuikedia: 4:53am On Aug 27, 2015
This can only happen in US,,when a sitting president is busy fighting international war,whereas their citizens are dying like fowl,.

For ChristSake,,cant obama make a stiffer nd stronger law on their useless gun policy

He is busy fighting helplss nd vunerable Africa countries,spending billions of dollar anually all in the name of terrorism...

#RubbishObama.
Re: A Reporter Was Shot While Live On Air & Shooter Films Himself During Killin-pics by 30secs(m): 5:57am On Aug 27, 2015
I just don't understand people anymore! sad This is terrible sad
Re: A Reporter Was Shot While Live On Air & Shooter Films Himself During Killin-pics by rotlan(m): 7:55am On Aug 27, 2015
AlphaMoi:
If he did this just cos he had to cause problems,may he face after-lifes judgement but if actually d woman insulted d blacks/black skin(racist comments),i wish she was shot more than 1ce..

I marvel at the way you reason. "I wish she was shot more than 1ce"?....smh.

(1) (Reply)

Mercy Johnson Okojie – Baby Number 3 On The Way / Deola Sagoe’s New Lover Revealed / Nigerian Girl Was Home Alone And She Was Getting All Kind Of Fre@ky

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.