Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,625 members, 7,955,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:45 PM

5 Entrepreneurs In Africa Who Started A Successful Business With $100 Or Less - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Entrepreneurs In Africa Who Started A Successful Business With $100 Or Less (749 Views)

How I Started A Soap Making Business From Scratch (pictures And Videos) / 5 Entrepreneurs In Africa Who Started A Successful Business With $100 Or Less / 5 Entrepreneurs Who Proved U Don’t Nid A ‘gr8 Idea’ 2start A Successful Biz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Entrepreneurs In Africa Who Started A Successful Business With $100 Or Less by MaverickExcel1(m): 6:35pm On Aug 27, 2015
Warning: The stories you’re about to read is capable of making you fire your boss right away and hire yourself. I bet you, your boss wouldn’t want you to read this. He will pay you anything to stop you from reading this. Why? Because this stories can inspire you to become your own boss.

Let me start by saying that there are terrible lies about starting a business in Nigeria. One of the dumbest lies is that business is for people who didn’t go to school. Jeeez! That’s pathetic. Another fat lie is that you need really huge amount of capitals. Another lie from the pit of……….ignorance!

Now, i want to debunk those lies by sharing this short stories of 5 Entrepreneurs in Africa Who Started a Successful Business with $100 or Less in hand. Guess what? They are smiling to the banks after just having started a few years ago.

Now let’s meet them…

1. Heshan de Silva (Kenya):

In 2007, Heshan de Silva dropped out of school and as things got worse for him in the US, he joined his parents back in Kenya to get his life back together.

Aged only 18 at the time, his parents gave him 10,000 Kenyan Shillings (US$116), which he used to start a new business. He targeted the bus travel sector in the country by selling insurance bundled with the bus ticket purchase. And it is widely reported in the media that by the end of the year, the business had made 90m Kenyan Shillings (US$1.05m). Isn’t that amazing!? Heshan has since invested that money in his new business, De Silva Group, a venture capital firm.

With an incomplete education, no capital, not even a great deal of life experience and yet Heshan made it in a short period of time. He was featured in CNN and Forbes Magazine as one of Africa’s most successful young.

2. Abasiama Idaresit (Nigeria):

Abasiama Idaresit graduated with an MBA at Manchester Business School and moved back to Nigeria in 2010 to start his own business. Today, he is the Founder and CEO of Wild Fusion, a digital marketing company.

Guess what? He started his company in 2010 with a gift of $250 from his mother and it took him 8 months to make the first deal. Just three years later, Visa, Vodafone, Samsung and Unilever as well as several large Pan-African corporations are his clients and his company is valued at over $6 million in revenue. Yes, you heard that indeed right; $6 million! And yes, he started in 2010. Wild Fusion has now become Google’s certified partner in Africa!

You can read the complete story here http://maverickexcel.com/5-entrepreneurs-in-africa-who-started-a-successful-business-with-100-or-less/
Re: 5 Entrepreneurs In Africa Who Started A Successful Business With $100 Or Less by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 27, 2015
angry

2 Likes

Re: 5 Entrepreneurs In Africa Who Started A Successful Business With $100 Or Less by hisgrace090: 6:49pm On Aug 27, 2015
Well I wish them good luck, after all no venture no venturity.im coming on board sooner.

1 Like

Re: 5 Entrepreneurs In Africa Who Started A Successful Business With $100 Or Less by MaverickExcel1(m): 8:01pm On Aug 27, 2015
@hisgrace090 i wish you massive success in your endeavors.

(1) (Reply)

I'm Looking For A Business Consultant / Use Your Car And Earn Money! / How Resourceful Are You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.