Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,926 members, 7,817,713 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Things We Don't Consciously Appreciate Like Before. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Things We Don't Consciously Appreciate Like Before. (1826 Views)

"We Are Both AS Genotype And We Don't Consider Break-Up As An Option" / 7 Things We Learned From Nigeria’s Journey To Vaccine Security / Secret Techniques To Improve Eating Heartily But Consciously During Christmas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Things We Don't Consciously Appreciate Like Before. by daveP(m): 7:28pm On Aug 27, 2015
We wake up and we rush to start a new day. Sometimes, or most times, the routine just gets skindeep, we forget that there are somethings that our survival depends on. Not just survival, but a healthy one at that..

Here is a list of some of the things we subconsciously/unconsciously seem to not bother about, but are so so vital to our very existence.

1) The Sun: The sun is at the centre of the solar system and is responsible for changes in weather. While many notice the change in weather and climate, few actually know that this mass of different gases defines how our day goes.

Wayback in time, almost all Empires in History had one way or the other, worshipped the sun because of the benefits to life.(Many still do sun-worship currently)

Well, isnt that proof, however, that the sun is vital and as well detrimental (far into the future) to us. Either way- Thank God He Placed the sun at the centre!!

2) Morning Dew: This happens everyday and without this tiny droplets of water falling, the earthworms never burrow the earth and make the soil 'fertile'.

It is so pure a source of water, however stressful if you attempt to gather, that plants benefit more from it, than the rain we see. It is also referred to as a tool for 'ultimate resurrection'. Go out there early and just feel the dew. It may shock you to know that just the fallling of dew helps the survival of millions and millions of organisms around you, you inclusive!

3) Human Eye: The light to the body, the Holy Bible describes it as. Without it, half of your very existence is cut off instantaneously.

In this tech age, we spend most times looking and looking into different screens and we undermine or never seem to know the damage(s) it has on the eyes. Many end up using recommended glasses and others, eye-lens.

The importance is so attached to decision and precision in the Naval and Airforce Forces across Military Forces around the globe. A SEALs Officer MUST have a perfect eyesight. If you fight like Jackie Chan... And have poor eyesight.... Forget it! Same goes for Surgery, Pilot, a host of strategic jobs, Occupations that require it for delivery. Appreciate your Eyes please!

4) Spring Water: we have 6 different types of water. Yeah the mentality of 'water is water' abounds everywhere. But the best for inner health remains the spring water!! The height of water pollution around the world has reached an alarming rate and even tap water, once known as the best, now have traces of salmonella, resposible for Typhoid.

It is natural water that has been filtered through layers of sand and rock formations as it moves through underground contamination-free storage areas called aquifers.

Types of water are:

+Tap water- currently dangerous. +Filtered tap water-Same!
+Rain water-Polluted.
+Distilled water-Chemicals.
+Processed bottled water-Uncertain.
+Spring water-Best, and Natural!!

Drink direct from source every year and understand like i do smiley

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Things We Don't Consciously Appreciate Like Before. by daveP(m): 7:30pm On Aug 27, 2015
5) Lungs: The 'pipe' that is responsible for gaseous exchange and a determinant of every energy level, important to staying conscious and as such, is very vital to every human out there.

Since the lungs process air, they are the only internal organs that are constantly exposed to the external environment.

Air Pollution here and there, addictive smoking, and inhaling of awful odours and chemicals weaken the lungs and it gradually changes color from its pink-red to darker colors- a sign that it isnt healthy again, but still 'managing'.

A pity that nothing is currently done to save the day, but practice conscious breathing at least. It is very helpful. Smoking can also lead to lung cancer, the world's major cancer, which is diagnosed in 1.4 million people a year.

6) Fresh Onions: It irks me personally to see some turned off at the sight of onions in their food. I thought twas something only children do, but i was shocked when some friends of mine asked if i put onions in the food i cooked. They didnt eat the delicalies that day!! Annoying? Yes
but they had no reasons, save just disliking it!

Onions contain so many helpful nutrients that acts a backup for our immune system; fights chronic diseases and maintains a healthy body system. Reduces the effect of Parkinson's disease, and a host of cancers, especially prostrate cancer. Helps cures High blood pressure, diarrhaea, diabetes, gastric ulcer, etc. A reason doctors tell aged ones to increase their onions intake is not far-fetched.

7) Stars: Seeing the stars years back, in the night was relieving to me, and romantic to many. It created an urge to appreciate Nature. But with increased air pollutions all over, many areas don't see the stars at night.

Areas that see the stars, have low air pollution rate, mostly rural areas. I once read a book that a man refused to build a new home until he saw the location where he could always see stars at night. When last did you see the twinkling stars?

Try and regain that urge to appreciate the things around you, and also those that aid your survival. #BeAppreciative and Conscious. Gracias smiley

COMPILED BY ME

Cc: Lalasticlala, Sissy3

1 Share

Re: Things We Don't Consciously Appreciate Like Before. by Nobody: 10:40pm On Aug 29, 2015
Wow.

(1) (Reply)

Getting Different Natural And Essential Oils From Lagos Market. / Buy Your Mineral Water POT To Get Your ALKALINE Water To Promote Your Health. / Some Healthy Habits That Will Keep You Away From Drugs.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.