Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,073 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:02 PM

Read This Before You Buy/sell On KAYMU.COM.NG - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Read This Before You Buy/sell On KAYMU.COM.NG (6831 Views)

Watch What You Buy At The Roadside And Wash What You Buy At The Roadside (video) / How KAYMU Defrauded Me Using The Seller Name " Baba Dayo" / Photo: Nigerians Becareful Of What You Buy While In Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Read This Before You Buy/sell On KAYMU.COM.NG by beautycrush24(f): 4:53pm On Aug 28, 2015
I recently opened a seller account on KAYMU.COM.NG with store name “omobiles”. The link to the store is http://www.kaymu.com.ng/seller/omobiles/. A day after opening the store, that is on the 25th of July, 2015 at exactly 10:36am, I got a mail from KAYMU that I have a new order. Find the order details below:
Important Order Details
Product color: Gold
Order number: 208588242
Name of buyer: victoradebumi
Buyer Address: Abuja, Abuja (FCT), Abuja-Central Locations, Nigeria
Buyer phone: 08123058430
Seller name: omobiles
Item name: Apple iPhone 6 - 16GB – Gold
Item price: ₦ 150,990
Quantity: 2
Delivery cost: 1,200
Total amount (incl. shipping cost): 303,180
Listing ends: 2015-11-22 13:17:07
Payment method: Pay on delivery/pickup
Delivery method: AIG Express (Delivery Service)
Listing ID: AP029MAAP767NGBID-1074948

Some hours later, I received a call from a man who introduced himself as Blessed and said he noticed I just opened a store on KAYMU.COM.NG and he's our new account manager. He called with mobile number, 08189205223. Some of you might say since the number is a normal mobile number I was supposed to be suspicious but other sellers can testify that account managers on KAYMU usually call with mobile numbers. If you are a seller on KAYMU, you'll be familiar with that call. He talked a bit about my store and pointed out that I have not filled out my BANK information and it was very important I do that since that is where my cash will be remitted. He asked me to text him my bank account details so he'll update for me but since I was already on the page, I told him I'll do it myself. He ended the call and called back some minutes later to say he sees that I have updated my bank details and called out the details, which I confirmed. Please note that an outsider (One that is not a Kaymu staff) will not have had access to such backend information.
Then he said I already have an order and whenever someone orders an item that is worth that amount, they don't allow cash on delivery(I am familiar with that because it's the same policy on Konga too). So he said the customer has paid and I should go ahead to contact him and arrange shipment. I contacted the customer and he confirmed to me that he has paid to KAYMU. So I told him I'll drop off at AIG as instructed by the KAYMU rep and it'll take 3-5 working days for him to receive it. He stated his displeasure in the timing and begged that I use our own courier service. I told him that won't be possible because he has already made payment to KAYMU so he said he'll call KAYMU and persuade them to allow me use our courier service because he needed to present the phones as a gift on Thursday, which is in two days. Some minutes later, I got a call from the KAYMU staff and he said I could use our courier if they can deliver faster, so KAYMU will credit our account once delivery is confirmed.
I contacted our own courier and requested for express shipping. The parcel got to Abuja the next day and the Courier Company called me to tell me they've delivered. The buyer met them up and picked up. I called him to confirm and he confirmed it. So I called my KAYMU account manager and told him the parcel has been delivered. He said he had to confirm before transferring the cash to my bank account. He called back later to say he has confirmed delivery and my account will be credited within two hours. That was the last I heard of them. Both the buyer and the KAYMU account manager's numbers were switched off.
I called the phone number on KAYMU website and explained to the lady I spoke to. She told me they don't have any staff by that name and my items were not paid for. I requested to speak to her boss and I spoke to someone who insisted that the man is not their staff and he refused to do anything about it. I asked how the man knew my store information and my bank information if truly he wasn't a staff but he had nothing reasonable to say. He even stopped taking my calls at a point. At the end of the day, I was told there was NOTHING KAYMU could do about it.
I am writing this as a concerned citizen to inform other possible victims of the fraudulent activities currently going on inside KAYMU.COM.NG. I was duped of Three hundred and four thousand naira (#304,000) and my job is on the line if I don't pay back. Yours could be more. Beware of them!

Source: http://omobiles.com.ng/kaymu-com-ng-scam-alert/

I think this needs to be on front page so people can learn of the fraud and take caution. Please help me move to appropriate section if its in the wrong place.
cc: lalasticlala, obinoscopy

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Read This Before You Buy/sell On KAYMU.COM.NG by Eleniyan15: 4:54pm On Aug 28, 2015
MaY jah
help us

terrible!!!!!
Re: Read This Before You Buy/sell On KAYMU.COM.NG by INTROVERT(f): 4:55pm On Aug 28, 2015
wonderful
Re: Read This Before You Buy/sell On KAYMU.COM.NG by victor2fresh(m): 5:04pm On Aug 28, 2015
Re: Read This Before You Buy/sell On KAYMU.COM.NG by mayorkyzo: 5:08pm On Aug 28, 2015
Sorry dear..sooner or later if they continue they would be caught...
Re: Read This Before You Buy/sell On KAYMU.COM.NG by efepro(m): 5:10pm On Aug 28, 2015
This is serious...Scammers device new tactics everyday.
Re: Read This Before You Buy/sell On KAYMU.COM.NG by christinie(f): 5:13pm On Aug 28, 2015
Their corrupt staff at work, maybe.
Re: Read This Before You Buy/sell On KAYMU.COM.NG by jemir000: 7:16pm On Aug 28, 2015
noted
Re: Read This Before You Buy/sell On KAYMU.COM.NG by Pidggin(f): 10:02pm On Aug 28, 2015
Scammers are devils
Re: Read This Before You Buy/sell On KAYMU.COM.NG by xband: 1:57am On Aug 29, 2015
The devil moves about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he my devour.

Do no be ignorant of his devices.
Re: Read This Before You Buy/sell On KAYMU.COM.NG by Mzflexydeeva(f): 5:51am On Aug 29, 2015
Wow! Wonders will never end. I guess this is part of the reason they connect buuyers directly to sellers now.

I really hope u can solve this case.
Re: Read This Before You Buy/sell On KAYMU.COM.NG by WillyWest: 11:53am On Aug 29, 2015
Online business in Nigeria, some have nice experiences, some don't. I cant say I've had a good experience, had a really nasty case just last week. Now I have made up my mind to only buy stuffs i have seen and certified to be okay with my two korokoro eyes shocked
Re: Read This Before You Buy/sell On KAYMU.COM.NG by MADent: 1:40pm On Aug 29, 2015
Chai ! All this Scammers sha. I have been selling on Kaymu for a while now naa and i have had no issues. you follow dem guidelines ?
Re: Read This Before You Buy/sell On KAYMU.COM.NG by beautycrush24(f): 4:50pm On Aug 29, 2015
MADent:
Chai ! All this Scammers sha. I have been selling on Kaymu for a while now naa and i have had no issues. you follow dem guidelines ?
ofcourse i followed all of their guidelines. I'm a seller not a buyer.
Re: Read This Before You Buy/sell On KAYMU.COM.NG by vizion: 8:45am On Sep 26, 2015
beautycrush24:

ofcourse i followed all of their guidelines. I'm a seller not a buyer.

Sorry for the loss.

however, if the man claiming to be from KAYMU.COM.NG was not previously known to you, you should have contacted the company directly to verify his claims. This kind of scam is very common worldwide, than is why banks tell you not to go to their websites by clicking links within mails.

In western countries, such crimes are commited by fake police or bank staff calling custormers try to collect card details from unsuspecting people. People are advice to drop the phone and call the number of their banks they can verify.

Thanks for the Share, it would help others to learn.

1 Like

Re: Read This Before You Buy/sell On KAYMU.COM.NG by Spidermon: 8:55am On Sep 26, 2015
No matter the amount of technicalities involved in a transaction, my guidelines are never to release the goods until I touch my money and not to release my money until I touch and verify the goods.
Op take heart

1 Like

Re: Read This Before You Buy/sell On KAYMU.COM.NG by emitheo(m): 7:13pm On Oct 10, 2015
thats the work of hackers
Re: Read This Before You Buy/sell On KAYMU.COM.NG by beautycrush24(f): 12:14am On Jan 04, 2016
I have an update on this issue. I finally caught d fool and he has started paying back d money in installments.
Thanks to you all for your prayers. It worked.

2 Likes

Re: Read This Before You Buy/sell On KAYMU.COM.NG by debetmx(m): 7:16am On Jan 04, 2016
beautycrush24:
I have an update on this issue. I finally caught d fool and he has started paying back d money in installments.
Thanks to you all for your prayers. It worked.

Happy for you.

How did u catch him?
Re: Read This Before You Buy/sell On KAYMU.COM.NG by beautycrush24(f): 6:32pm On Jan 04, 2016
debetmx:

Happy for you.

How did u catch him?

Thanks.
I knew they were going to be greedy and try to scam again so i set a trap by opening a new store on kaymu and God just delivered them into my hands. They ordered again and dis tym twas boys from barracks dat went to do the delivery. And d rest is history.
It took four months but it happened.

4 Likes

Re: Read This Before You Buy/sell On KAYMU.COM.NG by dragnet: 6:50am On Feb 22, 2016
beautycrush24:

Thanks.
I knew they were going to be greedy and try to scam again so i set a trap by opening a new store on kaymu and God just delivered them into my hands. They ordered again and dis tym twas boys from barracks dat went to do the delivery. And d rest is history.
It took four months but it happened.

Remember reading this back then, it's good you got them this time. Did you inquire into how they were able to infiltrate kaymu and get details? did you inform kaymu?
Re: Read This Before You Buy/sell On KAYMU.COM.NG by beautycrush24(f): 10:19am On Feb 22, 2016
dragnet:

Remember reading this back then, it's good you got them this time. Did you inquire into how they were able to infiltrate kaymu and get details? did you inform kaymu?

There's no need informing Kaymu. That site is full of scam and i'm sure they know it. I'm just here waiting for them to shut down. I didnt ask him all of that cos i know he'll deny it. All i was interested in is gettin my money back.
Re: Read This Before You Buy/sell On KAYMU.COM.NG by dragnet: 2:46pm On Feb 22, 2016
beautycrush24:

There's no need informing Kaymu. That site is full of scam and i'm sure they know it. I'm just here waiting for them to shut down. I didnt ask him all of that cos i know he'll deny it. All i was interested in is gettin my money back.

the money is truly the most important part cheesy

1 Like

Re: Read This Before You Buy/sell On KAYMU.COM.NG by beautycrush24(f): 2:59pm On Feb 22, 2016
dragnet:

the money is truly the most important part cheesy

yes oooo
Re: Read This Before You Buy/sell On KAYMU.COM.NG by civilserva: 5:58pm On Apr 03, 2016
Just read about this and am happy you got your money back. You can still do more by telling us how they broke into Kaymu system so as to block the loophole. I have been selling in Kaymu without issue to the extent that i prefer them to konga though konga has a robust platform.

(1) (Reply)

Lady Kills Her Mom, Sells Flesh As Pepper Soup And Dried Meat In Her Restaurant / Nigeria Soldiers Kill Dozen Of Bokoharam In Marte(very Graphic / Pyramid Schemes: Quick Way To Make Lots Of Money?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.