Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,306 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:37 AM

Caveat Emptor!!! Another Scamming Technique!!!! Buyers & Sellers Beware!!! - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Caveat Emptor!!! Another Scamming Technique!!!! Buyers & Sellers Beware!!! (4551 Views)

Bigdeals Has Scamming Tendency. Buyers Beware! / Fraud Alert;Buyers Beware!(caveat Emptor) / Caveat Emptor!!! LATEST AUTO-SCAM TECHNIQUE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Caveat Emptor!!! Another Scamming Technique!!!! Buyers & Sellers Beware!!! by calculusx(m): 4:34pm On Aug 29, 2015
lade007:

Thank God for your life Calculusx.....it would have been ugly and taken a whole lot of your time and money to get out of this if it actually pulled through.

[size=14pt] My brother, only GOD can pull me out of this mess ooo. I just got to know the buyer made a commitment of #250k to these scammers mid-week. These are the type of people that discouraged online business.
From what I heard, they actually met during the week and money exchanged hands. Let us all be extremely careful in our dealings. Until when I'm back in the Country before I can really get the full info because right now, according to the buyer, i'm a suspect and an accomplice. More detailed info next week
[/size]
Re: Caveat Emptor!!! Another Scamming Technique!!!! Buyers & Sellers Beware!!! by Osama10(m): 4:35pm On Aug 29, 2015
Na wa oh Calculux for this Naija you need to shine your eyes for everything now.
Re: Caveat Emptor!!! Another Scamming Technique!!!! Buyers & Sellers Beware!!! by calculusx(m): 4:44pm On Aug 29, 2015
Osama10:
Na wa oh Calculux for this Naija you need to shine your eyes for everything now.

My brother,i'v not been around and entrust everything to the most senior staff and also made him aware of my initial suspicion.

He only went to bank with the supposed person to inspect the vehicle not knowing he was the buyer. It's so sad jare
Re: Caveat Emptor!!! Another Scamming Technique!!!! Buyers & Sellers Beware!!! by MSItachi: 6:05pm On Aug 29, 2015
Haaa !
calculusx:

[size=14pt] My brother, only GOD can pull me out of this mess ooo. I just got to know the buyer made a commitment of #250k to these scammers mid-week. These are the type of people that discouraged online business.
From what I heard, they actually met during the week and money exchanged hands. Let us all be extremely careful in our dealings. Until when I'm back in the Country before I can really get the full info because right now, according to the buyer, i'm a suspect and an accomplice. More detailed info next week
[/size]
Re: Caveat Emptor!!! Another Scamming Technique!!!! Buyers & Sellers Beware!!! by mexxy1(m): 6:29pm On Aug 29, 2015
calculusx:

[/size]

Calculusx, remember our chat on Whatsapp? I told you to be careful of most deals coming your way as they could be an attempt to pull you down.
Well, God will see you through 'cos as far as I am concerned, you remain my most preferred dealer any day.
Re: Caveat Emptor!!! Another Scamming Technique!!!! Buyers & Sellers Beware!!! by double0seven(m): 6:35pm On Aug 29, 2015
it's hair that Nigerian police don't want do their work unless you give them money. Really, getting the buyer should not be that difficult. If both you and the buyer go to the police and make a report, the police will only need to confirm from the man scammer's bank that a 250k deposit was transfered to it from the buyer's account name.

Then the police instructs the Bank to call the police anytime the buyers shows. Also they can collect his picture and other information from the bank and attempt to locate him.

these things are very possible
Re: Caveat Emptor!!! Another Scamming Technique!!!! Buyers & Sellers Beware!!! by USAutoBuy(m): 7:37pm On Aug 29, 2015
This a SERIOUS MATTER
Re: Caveat Emptor!!! Another Scamming Technique!!!! Buyers & Sellers Beware!!! by calculusx(m): 10:39pm On Aug 29, 2015
double0seven:
it's hair that Nigerian police don't want do their work unless you give them money. Really, getting the buyer should not be that difficult. If both you and the buyer go to the police and make a report, the police will only need to confirm from the man scammer's bank that a 250k deposit was transfered to it from the buyer's account name.
Then the police instructs the Bank to call the police anytime the buyers shows. Also they can collect his picture and other information from the bank and attempt to locate him.
these things are very possible

You couldn't have said it better but Nigerian system is so bad but I believe no matter how bad the system may be if Nigerian Police really want to work they will work.

Apprehending the scammer shouldn't be stressful. I'm optimistic the scammer might also have an accomplice in the Bank.

There are still some information I won't be able to devour now till next week cos the scammer is still on this Forum updating his adverts looking for potential prey.

I'm yet to confirm if the real buyer is a NLER but I have sent him this link to follow it up and make his own input so that everyone can learn.
Re: Caveat Emptor!!! Another Scamming Technique!!!! Buyers & Sellers Beware!!! by calculusx(m): 10:45pm On Aug 29, 2015
mexxy1:

Calculusx, remember our chat on Whatsapp? I told you to be careful of most deals coming your way as they could be an attempt to pull you down.
Well, God will see you through 'cos as far as I am concerned, you remain my most preferred dealer any day.

My brother, i'v been extremely careful and been watching my deals. There are deals and purchases I turned down cos my instinct about the transaction was negative.
As you know, I can't do everything all alone and even if I'm in Nigeria I wouldn't have drove the car down there myself, I have staffs on payroll and they are to do the needful. I know the grace of GOD will be sufficient enough to pull me out of this.
Re: Caveat Emptor!!! Another Scamming Technique!!!! Buyers & Sellers Beware!!! by calculusx(m): 10:46pm On Aug 29, 2015
USAutoBuy:
This a SERIOUS MATTER

Odikwa serious ooo grin
Re: Caveat Emptor!!! Another Scamming Technique!!!! Buyers & Sellers Beware!!! by mexxy1(m): 10:55pm On Aug 29, 2015
calculusx:

My brother, i'v been extremely careful and been watching my deals. There are deals and purchases I turned down cos my instinct about the transaction was negative.
As you know, I can't do everything all alone and even if I'm in Nigeria I wouldn't have drove the car down there myself, I have staffs of payroll and they are to do the needful. I know the grace of GOD will be sufficient enough to pull me out of this.

I understand. God will surely see you through.
Re: Caveat Emptor!!! Another Scamming Technique!!!! Buyers & Sellers Beware!!! by calculusx(m): 10:13am On Sep 01, 2015
[size=14pt] Good Morning NLERS, an injury to one is an injury to all. Where did I stopped sef grin

Anyway, i'v taken over my Vehicle from Police Custody but not until ( you know the rest) . I'm sharing this experience here so that ALL (Buyer, Seller and Guests) can learn and be wise.

Here is how these fraudsters operates. They use 1 Sim Card for every successful transaction as the 2 lines used in communicating with the real buyer has been switched off since Friday.

Zixmotors alias Christopher and his co-horts operate with this UBA Bank Account

Acct Name: Okoli Christopher
Acct Number: 2069583795

I sincerely believe this isn't his Real Name and Account Number. He probably used someone's else account number and by the time Police finish with their investigation, the real account owner will fish out the person he gave his acct details to. Lesson learnt, DO NOT GIVE OUT YOUR ACCOUNT NUMBER FOR TRANSACTION YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT.

Zixmotors, I know you are viewing this thread and devise another means but from now henceforth, sleep with 1 eye closed and have it @ the back of your mind that as you set out daily looking for greedy people to fall to your prey, you will go out and won't come back home someday.

Zixmotors, operate along side a female with phone # 09033834448 who claimed to be his wife according to the buyer. One day for the thief another day for the owner.

These scammers have different modus operandi, while @ the station yesterday a similar case was reported where by scammers came to inspect a Vehicle, test drove it and while on their way to bank for payment they pretended there was a sound coming from the engine compartment, the manager of the company who accompanied them came down to inspect it and lo and behold these fraudsters drove off. grin

From my ordeal with these fraudsters, I can see the hand work of kings Autos (for those who knows how he operates) especially hiring young females to disguise as vehicle owner. They are still here on NL with different monikers. Zixmotors's adverts are still LIVE & UPDATED on NL despite complains and report on his threads by NLer. Lets us thread with caution and open our 2 eyes
[/size]
Re: Caveat Emptor!!! Another Scamming Technique!!!! Buyers & Sellers Beware!!! by calculusx(m): 11:22am On Sep 01, 2015
Will also advise dealers to watermark their adverts with their contact phone numbers so as to scare fraudsters away from copying and sending the pictures to their prey.

4 Likes

Re: Caveat Emptor!!! Another Scamming Technique!!!! Buyers & Sellers Beware!!! by lade007(m): 11:37am On Sep 01, 2015
calculusx:

[/size]

Hmnnn...God will see you through
Re: Caveat Emptor!!! Another Scamming Technique!!!! Buyers & Sellers Beware!!! by Osama10(m): 7:08pm On Sep 01, 2015
We learn everyday.
Re: Caveat Emptor!!! Another Scamming Technique!!!! Buyers & Sellers Beware!!! by zamirikpo(m): 10:45am On Sep 02, 2015
@ calculux ......d lord is ur strength. business continues......just modify ur modus operandi
Re: Caveat Emptor!!! Another Scamming Technique!!!! Buyers & Sellers Beware!!! by okangaijele2015: 1:44pm On Sep 02, 2015
https://www.nairaland.com/2555111/2008-lexus-rx350-going-2.6m

This is one of the posts of the idot criminal. May thunder fire that guy one million times. Thief!!!!

Chei, so people still fall mugu for this country? Just like Nigerians fall mugu for Buhari and APC.
Re: Caveat Emptor!!! Another Scamming Technique!!!! Buyers & Sellers Beware!!! by Yizzurr(m): 5:22am On Sep 14, 2015
Hello calculux, I experienced a similar situation and just that in this case I was the buyer and I got scammed. And I Blive we where victims of the same crew... It's not been an easy ordeal BT I have finally apprehended the very person I paid into his account and he made mention of the name chris as his boss I have the guy in SARS ikeja as we speak and I will like to talk to u on fone so we can work 2geda in getting his main boss ....I will call u later 2day in the morning.. tracking the guy took me 1month and by God's grace .. BT now I have him..

3 Likes

Re: Caveat Emptor!!! Another Scamming Technique!!!! Buyers & Sellers Beware!!! by FastShipping: 5:36am On Sep 14, 2015
Interesting!

Let's see who the real culprit is. I have someone in mind that I won't mention. The person has not posted any post on nairaland since 4am Sunday morning. This is the same scammer that normally post in auto section every three hours by advertising pre-order that doesn't exist.
Re: Caveat Emptor!!! Another Scamming Technique!!!! Buyers & Sellers Beware!!! by calculusx(m): 8:34am On Sep 14, 2015
Yizzurr:
Hello calculux, I experienced a similar situation and just that in this case I was the buyer and I got scammed. And I Blive we where victims of the same crew... It's not been an easy ordeal BT I have finally apprehended the very person I paid into his account and he made mention of the name chris as his boss I have the guy in SARS ikeja as we speak and I will like to talk to u on fone so we can work 2geda in getting his main boss ....I will call u later 2day in the morning.. tracking the guy took me 1month and by God's grace .. BT now I have him..

[size=14pt] This is a good news to start a new week. I have notified the other man so he can testify too. I will be expecting your call. Soo happy grin grin [/size]
Re: Caveat Emptor!!! Another Scamming Technique!!!! Buyers & Sellers Beware!!! by d33types: 8:34am On Sep 14, 2015
calculusx:
[size=18pt]Will also advise dealers to watermark their adverts with their contact phone numbers so as to scare fraudsters away from copying and sending the pictures to their prey[/size].

3 Likes

Re: Caveat Emptor!!! Another Scamming Technique!!!! Buyers & Sellers Beware!!! by willn1: 9:09am On Sep 14, 2015
@calculusx thank God he wasn't successful cos the same happened to me early last month,in my case he got the pix from my NL post n then reposted it on Olx for half the price and that's how one awoof hungry lebanese called me to bring it to the turkish hospital in abuja which I did but thank God I was also lucky cos wen the lebanese pressed me for the price I eventually gave in n told him even though I initially askd him to discuss wit d scammer so dats how we got to find out it was a scam just like in ur case he kept callin both of us @d same time to ensure we do not discuss wit each other.
I can't remember his name but this is d num he used to call me 07018310379
Re: Caveat Emptor!!! Another Scamming Technique!!!! Buyers & Sellers Beware!!! by BALLERON(m): 9:41am On Sep 14, 2015
With calculusx and Yizzurr collaboration, the scam ring will soon be revealed and put behind bars, Nairaland Admin. Please do the needful( stick this topic to the top of the auto section and also the front page) the information will save a lot of Nigerians from loosing hard earned money to lazy men plotting scam from their cubicle.
Re: Caveat Emptor!!! Another Scamming Technique!!!! Buyers & Sellers Beware!!! by Fhemmmy: 11:54am On Sep 14, 2015
FastShipping:
Interesting!

Let's see who the real culprit is. I have someone in mind that I won't mention. The person has not posted any post on nairaland since 4am Sunday morning. This is the same scammer that normally post in auto section every three hours by advertising pre-order that doesn't exist.

Chairman, this is a fight against fraud and criminal activities, if you are in and ready to assist in apprehending the culprits, mention names and no need for the games of the mind.... Bros any criminal activity on the auto section affects everyone and it is high time mind games are stopped and let all that have information spit it....

1 Like

Re: Caveat Emptor!!! Another Scamming Technique!!!! Buyers & Sellers Beware!!! by FastShipping: 12:57pm On Sep 14, 2015
Fhemmmy:

Chairman, this is a fight against fraud and criminal activities, if you are in and ready to assist in apprehending the culprits, mention names and no need for the games of the mind.... Bros any criminal activity on the auto section affects everyone and it is high time mind games are stopped and let all that have information spit it....

Clear throat............. grin

Where is Gabrielleride aka KingsAutos? Since one of his scammers got arrested and locked up, he has disappeared from nairaland. Normally, he posts on his thread like every three hours.
Re: Caveat Emptor!!! Another Scamming Technique!!!! Buyers & Sellers Beware!!! by carluva(m): 1:25pm On Sep 14, 2015
Jesus is Lord!!!!
Nawa oooohh, to struggle honestly in order to make it now seems to be a thing of the past for some people in ds Nigeria. The way he planned the whole thing leaves me in awe. I dont just understand how these fraudsters feel comfortable spending another man's sweat.
Re: Caveat Emptor!!! Another Scamming Technique!!!! Buyers & Sellers Beware!!! by Fhemmmy: 1:34pm On Sep 14, 2015
FastShipping:

Clear throat............. grin

Where is Gabrielleride aka KingsAutos? Since one of his scammers got arrested and locked up, he has disappeared from nairaland. Normally, he posts on his thread like every three hours.

Good, now you are talking and the dealer could look into that such great information . . . . we could all make the auto section a better place by being the police against fraud.
Re: Caveat Emptor!!! Another Scamming Technique!!!! Buyers & Sellers Beware!!! by chordben(m): 2:48pm On Sep 14, 2015
This is really scary and discouraging especially to some of us that found this NL Auto Section as a good deal when it comes to car purchase. Well, I intend entering into talks with a Dealer here but now scared.
Re: Caveat Emptor!!! Another Scamming Technique!!!! Buyers & Sellers Beware!!! by Fhemmmy: 3:01pm On Sep 14, 2015
chordben:
This is really scary and discouraging especially to some of us that found this NL Auto Section as a good deal when it comes to car purchase. Well, I intend entering into talks with a Dealer here but now scared.

Just know who you dealing with and you will be fine.
Re: Caveat Emptor!!! Another Scamming Technique!!!! Buyers & Sellers Beware!!! by calculusx(m): 12:04pm On Sep 15, 2015
[size=14pt] A visit to Police Station revealed so many tale perpetrated by these scammers. There is virtually anybody these crooks won't attempt to defraud.

A well known Pastor always on Military Uniform also fell prey to these set of crooks. She made away with #1m. She pretended (to the dealer) she is sowing a seed in the Pastor's Life and want to give out a Range Rover SUV, unknown to the dealer, she was inside with the Pastor bargaining on Price since pastor's PA already inspect and confirmed the SUV is in their premises.

Unknown to the dealer, pastor already gave the woman #1m Cash as commitment. While she was leaving, pastor saw her off only to discover the Pastor knows the dealer, while Pastor was exchanging pleasantry with the dealer, the woman sensed they knew each other very well, before the twinkle of an eye the woman disappear into thin air.

They have many different tactics they use. Too many different stories to share later. Buyer, Seller & Everyone, Lets all beware. H you ever had encounter with these set of people, pleas let's share our experiences to avert people from falling prey. These people are every where looking for prey
[/size]
Re: Caveat Emptor!!! Another Scamming Technique!!!! Buyers & Sellers Beware!!! by RoyalRoy(m): 12:17pm On Sep 15, 2015
Seun.....Lalasticlala... Please move this to front page to help sensitize other nairalanders who are not aware of this new way scammers are using to defraud people of their hard earned cash.

1 Like

Re: Caveat Emptor!!! Another Scamming Technique!!!! Buyers & Sellers Beware!!! by calculusx(m): 2:01pm On Sep 15, 2015
RoyalRoy:

Seun.....Lalasticlala... Please move this to front page to help sensitize other nairalanders who are not aware of this new way scammers are using to defraud people of their hard earned cash.

My brother, there was another tale I heard about these fraudsters, they went to a nearby Police station to get a police officer through the DPO, he made the Police Officer looked like his escort. On getting to where he wants to buy the Car, he gave the Police Officer his bag to test drive the vehicle. My brother, na so d guy drove away the Vehicle leaving the Police Officer @ the mercy of the Dealers. Too many formats

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Honda Accord EOD 03 Coupe Tokunbo (SOLD,SOLD) / Clean And Perfecly Functuning Nissan Quest Space Bus For Sale! / Sale Of Iveco Eurostar Tarpaulin Truck 6x2 + Semitrailer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.