Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,004 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

More Than Just A Pretty Face: Celebs Living With Disease - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / More Than Just A Pretty Face: Celebs Living With Disease (1031 Views)

This Girl Has A Pretty Doll Face But Her Body Is Going To Surprise You / 10 Celebs Living With Deadly Diseases (with Pictures) / AY Poses With A Pretty Lady In Bikini (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

More Than Just A Pretty Face: Celebs Living With Disease by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:46pm On Aug 28, 2015
We often forget that celebs really are just like us; their fame does not grant them immunity from disease or disability. Many of the faces you’ve seen splashed across magazine covers or racing to Olympic glory on your television set are living with chronic conditions, diseases, or syndromes. Don’t assume that they’re “hiding” a disease or diagnosis. They may have a condition that sets them apart from the “typical” population, but their work and livelihood is the byproduct of their own passions and talents, exemplifying that it’s more than possible to live a full and vibrant life post-diagnosis. 2 Magic Johnson, HIV. After receiving a routine bloodtest as a player for the LA Lakers, Johnson got a call that would change his life- a diagnosis of HIV. “I was just devastated, blown away,” Johnson told CBSNews.com. “We have to remember at that time, people were really dying of AIDS. I was just scared to death.” Johnson told PBS that “ I am not a guy who runs away from challenges; I meet challenges head-on. I am not a guy who stays down long. I have always been an upbeat person, so I just talked to myself and said, “Look, you’ve always been upbeat about everything; this is no different now.” 3 Michael J Fox- Parkinsons Disease. Actor Michael J. Fox was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease in 1991, and has since become a champion for the disease, even creating a foundation to support Parkinson’s related research. Fox told Good Housekeeping magazine that, for those facing Parkinson’s Disease, “I would say look at the choices you have, as opposed to the choices that have been taken away from you. Because in those choices, there are whole worlds of strength and new ways to look at things.” 4 Nick Jonas, Type I Diabetes. Like Hall, Nick Jonas is living and thriving with Type I Diabetes. In an interview with Family Circle, Jonas discussed his diagnosis, saying that, “When I was 13 and on tour with my brothers, I lost 15 pounds in two weeks and was thirsty all the time. I also had a bad attitude—which was rare for me. My parents took me to a doctor, and we learned that my blood sugar was dangerously high. I was rushed to a hospital, where they made the diagnosis.”

(1) (Reply)

If You Want To Live Up To 150 Yrs,give Up Sex-claims Scientist(do U AGREE GUYS?) / Linda House At Banana Island Worth #500million / Omo,see History As R.kelly Don Feature Wizkid For Him New Album,"buffet"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.