Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,725 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert (3268 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts. / 10 Myths About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by Dajugba: 3:38pm On Aug 29, 2015
Aisha95:
Lmao. You are one funny girl.
Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by Dajugba: 3:38pm On Aug 29, 2015
Aisha95:
Lmao. You are one funny girl.
Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by anelta(f): 4:23pm On Aug 29, 2015
Dajugba:
Along years, I've learnt much from introvert persons, most of my siblings are introvert, same with my mine friends. Being an average extrovert, I got mix up with them, so sometimes I act like an introvert too. That aside. few years back, I got piss off towards introvert. Yes, because they're patience in public to take poo from bully, and they're all good enough to fix things perfectly, they read people carefully and I can say they're uniquely superb. If you've the right ones that may influence you positively. I went in research why they behave the way they do. Yes, this may blow ur mind, introvert are my best pals so far, yes I meant that. Cos I discover they are people of class, attitude, embodiment of knowledge, great thinkers, encompass with great Ideas.

Now Here Are 10
Myths of Introvert:
#1 : Introverts don’t like to talk. This is not true. Introverts just
don’t talk unless they have something to say. They hate small
talk. Get an introvert talking about something they are
interested in, and they won’t shut up for days.
Myth #2 : Introverts are shy. Shyness has nothing to do with
being an Introvert. Introverts are not necessarily afraid of people. What they need is a reason to
interact. They don’t interact for the sake of interacting. If you
want to talk to an Introvert, just start talking. Don’t worry about being polite.
Myth #3 : Introverts are rude. Introverts often don’t see a
reason for beating around the bush with social pleasantries.
They want everyone to just be real and honest. Unfortunately,
this is not acceptable in most settings, so Introverts can feel a
lot of pressure to fit in, which they find exhausting.
Myth #4 : Introverts don’t like people. On the contrary, Introverts intensely value the few friends
they have. They can count their close friends on one hand. If you are lucky enough for an introvert to consider you a friend, you
probably have a loyal ally for life. Once you have earned their
respect as being a person of substance, you’re in.
Myth #5 : Introverts don’t like to go out in public. Nonsense. Introverts just don’t
like to go out in public FOR AS LONG. They also like to avoid the complications that are involved in public activities. They take in data and experiences very quickly, and as a result, don’t need to be there for long to “get it.” They’re ready
to go home, recharge, and process it all. In fact, recharging
is absolutely crucial for Introverts.
Myth #6 : Introverts always want to be alone. Introverts are perfectly comfortable with their own
thoughts. They think a lot. They daydream. They like to have
problems to work on, puzzles to solve. But they can also get
incredibly lonely if they don’t have anyone to share their
discoveries with. They crave an authentic and sincere connection with ONE PERSON at a time.
Myth #7 : Introverts are weird. Introverts are often individualists. They don’t follow the crowd. They’d prefer to be valued for their novel ways of living. They think for themselves and because of that, they often challenge the norm. They don’t
make most decisions based on what is popular or trendy.
Myth #8 : Introverts are aloof nerds.
Introverts are people who primarily look inward, paying
close attention to their thoughts and emotions. It’s not that they are incapable of paying attention
to what is going on around them, it’s just that their inner
world is much more stimulating and rewarding to them.
Myth #9 : Introverts don’t know how to relax and have fun.
Introverts typically relax at home or in nature, not in busy public places. Introverts are not thrill seekers and adrenaline junkies. If
there is too much talking and noise going on, they shut down. Their brains are too sensitive to
the neurotransmitte r called Dopamine. Introverts and
Extroverts have different dominant neuro-pathways. Just
look it up.
Myth #10 : Introverts can fix themselves and become Extroverts.
A world without Introverts would be a world with few
scientists, musicians, artists, poets, filmmakers, doctors,
mathematicians, writers, and
philosophers. That being said, there are still plenty of
techniques an Extrovert can learn
in order to interact with Introverts. (Yes, I reversed these
two terms on purpose to show
you how biased our society is.) Introverts cannot “fix themselves” and deserve respect for their natural temperament
and contributions to the human race. In fact, one study
(Silverman, 1986) showed that the percentage of Introverts increases with IQ. Are you an introvert/ extrovert?
Which of the above don't you agree with?

Least before I forget let's invite some guest: Midasliss,
Cc:Lalasticlala, Introvert, Ladyf. Be my guest for the weekend.
I've seen this b4 verbatim, u need to put ur source

1 Like

Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by OShepherd: 4:24pm On Aug 29, 2015
Mennnnnnnnn! Dis guy is defining ME! We sabi each other b4? Shuo! grin U 2 much joooooooR!
Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by Homorlayor20(f): 8:51pm On Aug 29, 2015
my own introversion is something else,very extraordinary,shyness has deprived of gr8 opportunities
Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by angelofurlife: 9:15pm On Aug 29, 2015
Proud to be an introvert tongue
Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by angelofurlife: 9:17pm On Aug 29, 2015
Homorlayor20:
my own introversion is something else,very extraordinary,shyness has deprived of gr8 opportunities
my own shyness tie wrapper
Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by whitestar01(m): 12:31am On Aug 30, 2015
Dajugba:
Along years, I've learnt much from introvert persons, most of my siblings are introvert, same with my mine friends. Being an average extrovert, I got mix up with them, so sometimes I act like an introvert too. That aside. few years back, I got piss off towards introvert. Yes, because they're patience in public to take poo from bully, and they're all good enough to fix things perfectly, they read people carefully and I can say they're uniquely superb. If you've the right ones that may influence you positively. I went in research why they behave the way they do. Yes, this may blow ur mind, introvert are my best pals so far, yes I meant that. Cos I discover they are people of class, attitude, embodiment of knowledge, great thinkers, encompass with great Ideas.

Now Here Are 10
Myths of Introvert:
#1 : Introverts don’t like to talk. This is not true. Introverts just
don’t talk unless they have something to say. They hate small
talk. Get an introvert talking about something they are
interested in, and they won’t shut up for days.
Myth #2 : Introverts are shy. Shyness has nothing to do with
being an Introvert. Introverts are not necessarily afraid of people. What they need is a reason to
interact. They don’t interact for the sake of interacting. If you
want to talk to an Introvert, just start talking. Don’t worry about being polite.
Myth #3 : Introverts are rude. Introverts often don’t see a
reason for beating around the bush with social pleasantries.
They want everyone to just be real and honest. Unfortunately,
this is not acceptable in most settings, so Introverts can feel a
lot of pressure to fit in, which they find exhausting.
Myth #4 : Introverts don’t like people. On the contrary, Introverts intensely value the few friends
they have. They can count their close friends on one hand. If you are lucky enough for an introvert to consider you a friend, you
probably have a loyal ally for life. Once you have earned their
respect as being a person of substance, you’re in.
Myth #5 : Introverts don’t like to go out in public. Nonsense. Introverts just don’t
like to go out in public FOR AS LONG. They also like to avoid the complications that are involved in public activities. They take in data and experiences very quickly, and as a result, don’t need to be there for long to “get it.” They’re ready
to go home, recharge, and process it all. In fact, recharging
is absolutely crucial for Introverts.
Myth #6 : Introverts always want to be alone. Introverts are perfectly comfortable with their own
thoughts. They think a lot. They daydream. They like to have
problems to work on, puzzles to solve. But they can also get
incredibly lonely if they don’t have anyone to share their
discoveries with. They crave an authentic and sincere connection with ONE PERSON at a time.
Myth #7 : Introverts are weird. Introverts are often individualists. They don’t follow the crowd. They’d prefer to be valued for their novel ways of living. They think for themselves and because of that, they often challenge the norm. They don’t
make most decisions based on what is popular or trendy.
Myth #8 : Introverts are aloof nerds.
Introverts are people who primarily look inward, paying
close attention to their thoughts and emotions. It’s not that they are incapable of paying attention
to what is going on around them, it’s just that their inner
world is much more stimulating and rewarding to them.
Myth #9 : Introverts don’t know how to relax and have fun.
Introverts typically relax at home or in nature, not in busy public places. Introverts are not thrill seekers and adrenaline junkies. If
there is too much talking and noise going on, they shut down. Their brains are too sensitive to
the neurotransmitte r called Dopamine. Introverts and
Extroverts have different dominant neuro-pathways. Just
look it up.
Myth #10 : Introverts can fix themselves and become Extroverts.
A world without Introverts would be a world with few
scientists, musicians, artists, poets, filmmakers, doctors,
mathematicians, writers, and
philosophers. That being said, there are still plenty of
techniques an Extrovert can learn
in order to interact with Introverts. (Yes, I reversed these
two terms on purpose to show
you how biased our society is.) Introverts cannot “fix themselves” and deserve respect for their natural temperament
and contributions to the human race. In fact, one study
(Silverman, 1986) showed that the percentage of Introverts increases with IQ. Are you an introvert/ extrovert?
Which of the above don't you agree with?

Least before I forget let's invite some guest: Midasliss,
Cc:Lalasticlala, Introvert, Ladyf. Be my guest for the weekend.
op this ur copy n past or research is highly recommendable, well done.U really invade my privacy, but..........
Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by midasbliss(f): 2:00pm On Aug 30, 2015
oh wow embarassedoh wow
Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by Dajugba: 2:39pm On Aug 30, 2015
Rukkydelta:
I'm so much in love with people that have the introvert personality
That's nice. But there has to be a mix up, if you tend not to have an introvert as spouse. But if you do have introvert, menh Boring home it may be. No fun, cha... For you good don't.
Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by Dajugba: 2:42pm On Aug 30, 2015
midasbliss:
oh wow embarassedoh wow

la la la... It makes you oh oh oh. Happy Sunday! Midasbliss. Longest time. I learnt you're back from school. How're you today?
Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by midasbliss(f): 2:44pm On Aug 30, 2015
Dajugba:

la la la... It makes you oh oh oh. Happy Sunday! Midasbliss. Longest time. I learnt you're back from school. How're you today?
Lol...Fine tnx...
hope you good
Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by Dajugba: 2:47pm On Aug 30, 2015
whitestar01:
op this ur copy n past or research is highly recommendable, well done.U really invade my privacy, but..........

Happy Sunday! Really?? Wow... But you do own me a surpris package for this right?
Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by Dajugba: 2:53pm On Aug 30, 2015
midasbliss:

Lol...Fine tnx...
hope you good

wow... that's awesome. It a privilege yes. I'm wonderfulLy vibrant. Just that your absent on nl was something else. Now you're back, where is the bread you bought? Abi you have ate all alone?
Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by midasbliss(f): 3:10pm On Aug 30, 2015
Dajugba:

wow... that's awesome. It a privilege yes. I'm wonderfulLy vibrant. Just that your absent on nl was something else. Now you're back, where is the bread you bought? Abi you have ate all alone?
Lol... Bread just arrived your doorstep sire...
Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by Dajugba: 3:33pm On Aug 30, 2015
midasbliss:

Lol... Bread just arrived your doorstep sire...

I see, clap! Clap!! Bravura. I'm beginning to think you're more like Nig politicians ba wink. You drop it and took it, I didn't see it at my door step Madam Midasbliss, any way, I may consider writting to federal govt to probe you under my watch. Pray I don't lol... So were you in church today? MIDaBliSs
Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by midasbliss(f): 3:56pm On Aug 30, 2015
Dajugba:

I see, clap! Clap!! Bravura. I'm beginning to think you're more like Nig politicians ba wink. You drop it and took it, I didn't see it at my door step Madam Midasbliss, any way, I may consider writting to federal govt to probe you under my watch. Pray I don't lol... So were you in church today? MIDaBliSs
Lol @probe... sad nope...
Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by Dajugba: 4:02pm On Aug 30, 2015
Homorlayor20:

Wow... Friend, you alone can change that. you've to in other to obtain great opportunities ahead of you. Just pray you definately come across someone like me, Shyness will run out of you under 48 hours. Don't ask how, the how is called; change in Goverment
Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by Dajugba: 4:26pm On Aug 30, 2015
midasbliss:

Lol @probe... sad nope...
In tone of a Holy man of God,wink receive the anointing not to miss Sunday service again Midasbliss. I believe an 'amen' will resound back. Mean while, how're you enjoying the sunday? I know you're indoor
Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by whitestar01(m): 7:05pm On Aug 30, 2015
Dajugba:

Happy Sunday! Really?? Wow... But you do own me a surpris package for this right?
My awesome recommendation is ok I guess, at least it will add more power to ur elbow.

1 Like

Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by Dajugba: 7:12pm On Aug 30, 2015
whitestar01:
My awesome recommendation is ok I guess, at least it will add more power to ur elbow.
Thanks. You're wonderful Man.
Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by freshbear(m): 7:41pm On Aug 30, 2015
Gosh!dis write up just xtrayed me.sometimes I wonder y am not really out going. At home with Wifey, we talk mono syllabus wise even if I try to b a chatterbox I get frustrated.
Sometimes I feel for Wifey having to put up with my silence. Shit is I really want to chat but end up saying it within me.guess dats d way am wired.
So many things I want to write or say but words n how to go abt it fail me.how wish one can communicate telepathically it will lessen d pressure on introverts. My view though.
Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by Rukkydelta(f): 12:41pm On Aug 31, 2015
Dajugba:

That's nice. But there has to be a mix up, if you tend not to have an introvert as spouse. But if you do have introvert, menh Boring home it may be. No fun, cha... For you good don't.

Boring ? I don't think am a boring person
Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by midasbliss(f): 4:19pm On Aug 31, 2015
Dajugba:

In tone of a Holy man of God,wink receive the anointing not to miss Sunday service again Midasbliss. I believe an 'amen' will resound back. Mean while, how're you enjoying the sunday? I know you're indoor
Lol... I was indoor Sha... mama indoor.. lol
Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by Dajugba: 6:43pm On Aug 31, 2015
midasbliss:
Lol... I was indoor Sha... mama indoor.. lol
Glee to read such Midasbliss. Do have a refreshed evening.
Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by Dajugba: 6:50pm On Aug 31, 2015
Rukkydelta:
Boring ? I don't think am a boring person
wow... That's awesome
Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by Dajugba: 6:56pm On Aug 31, 2015
freshbear:
Gosh!dis write up just xtrayed me.sometimes I wonder y am not really out going. At home with Wifey, we talk mono syllabus wise even if I try to b a chatterbox I get frustrated.
Sometimes I feel for Wifey having to put up with my silence. Shit is I really want to chat but end up saying it within me.guess dats d way am wired.
So many things I want to write or say but words n how to go abt it fail me.how wish one can communicate telepathically it will lessen d pressure on introverts. My view though.

but now you know, you can possiblely change it
Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by Rukkydelta(f): 6:59pm On Aug 31, 2015
Dajugba:

wow... That's awesome
yeah
Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by midasbliss(f): 7:01pm On Aug 31, 2015
Dajugba:

Glee to read such Midasbliss. Do have a refreshed evening.
tnx. . u too

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Closed Thread... / Dangers Of Allowing Your Spouse Live Abroad Or In A Different City / Married Women Must Lurrn The Hard Way, My Crashed Marriage Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.