Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

My Post-morterm On Arsenal-newcastle - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / My Post-morterm On Arsenal-newcastle (432 Views)

Gbenga Adeyinka Features On Arsenal Fantv / Alexis Sanchez Caught Smirking On Arsenal Bench After Being Substituted. / A THREAD ON ARSENAL FC. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Post-morterm On Arsenal-newcastle by effervescent(m): 4:56pm On Aug 29, 2015
Another own goal was the difference. Without mincing words, Arsenal's overall output was lethargic, underwhelming, lacklustre, harrowing and shambolic. The synergy and cohesion just wasn't there. I have told my fellow Arsenal faithfuls in my vincinity that Walcott is not a proven forward. Fine, he might possess blistering pace which even seems undermined by his injury-laden career, but he completely lacks an Aguero, Suarez-esque predatory instinct. He came close on two occasions before paving way for Monseiur Olivier(imagine the way he ballooned the ball when he was clear on goal from a rebound). In addition to his paucity of insatiable predatory acumen, he is devoid of the physical attributes which is a requisite for a centre forward who intends to keep firing on all cylinders in the highly intense and energy-sapping, pacy EPL. Only God knows why the ref didn't point to the spot when Bellerin was hacked down. Cech was on holiday as sissoko, thauvin posed meagre threat. Aside his shot which was parried into the path of Ox, Ramsey looked out of sorts. I fear for Coquelin. Sometimes when I stare @ the assiduous, workaholic dogfighter, I feel Arsenal is just a "coquelin-injury" away form enduring a much more miserable campaign. He was the subject of vicious and horrendous tackles and infringements for the entire duration. I was so pertrified @ the thought of rupturing his fibula or ankle. Kos and the back four were rarely threatened. I think we missed ozil's incisive vision and sublime, deft touch. Santi wasn't able to deliver much of those pin-point Ozil-esque passes from deep. Barring his occasional runs down the right and his deflected effort , Ox also seemed anonymous. Sanchez was fizzy, effervescent as ever but had nothing substantial to show for his effort. And what did Monsieur Giroud have to offer when he got a came on in the final twenty minutes He squandered a last ditch effort. I couldn't agree better with Henry's constructive and subtle castigation of his compatriot. Giroud is not substantial enough to lead the offensive if we're to mount a genuine title challenge this campaign. Sometimes I even avow he's worse off than Walcott. Wenger still has 2 days in the transfer window @ his mercy to salvage the status quo. Coquelin sorely and direly needs an adequate backup. I wish wenger had recruited Morgan Schneirdelin back then prior to Man united stepping into the fray. I'm afraid, Arteta and flamini are way past their hey days and they fit the bill no longer. I really don't know how authentic Arsenal's link to the Polish combative midfielder @ Sevilla is. The onus also solely lies on wenger to land a centreforward. I preferably wish he could acquire Cavani given his stupendous goal ratio for Napoli et PSG. We have been pitted against the Bayern Munich, Zagreb and greek giants Olympiakos. A capital one cup clash under the guise of a north London derby is also imminent. The team's morale should be boosted with applaudable inclusion to their ranks. The time is now wenger!!! I can vouch for the fact that Ardent supporters of the red side of North London as me won't settle for less this season. The back to back FA cup wins should serve as a pedestal for landing other much coveted silverware. We can't afford to keep portraying underwhelming displays. We can't afford to be complacent. I hope and pray all of our boys experience a campaign bereft of injuries. The return of Wilshere and Wellbeck will improve our depth in midfield cum attack. I fink our defence doesn't need any major overhaul following Gab's impressive displays against Liverpool and today.Contrariwise, Chambers cut a jittery and unnerved figure on Monday. The time is now Wenger!!! Bolster our midfield and attack and let's hope for subsequent stellar performances. COYG!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: My Post-morterm On Arsenal-newcastle by fisosi: 7:02pm On Aug 29, 2015
Be patient, this is just the begining of all the campaign. Mind you no team is perfect, but that does not mean that Wenger should just buy any body to fill the required positions in as much as those players needed by Arsene Wenger may not be readily available.
He is only left with no choice than to manage those players at hand to the best of his ability.
Re: My Post-morterm On Arsenal-newcastle by effervescent(m): 7:11pm On Aug 29, 2015
My perception of d status quo. Nufin more or less. However! 2 sum extent, I concur wid you. Let's keep arms crossed as events in d emirates camp unfold

(1) (Reply)

Mourinho Makes Guinness Book Of Records / #thankyouperez De Gea Signs New Contract At Manchester United / Anthony Martial Brace Sinks Saints

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.