Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,618 members, 7,809,267 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:03 AM

Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know (41775 Views)

Some Kitchen Tricks You Might Find Helpful. / 20 Wonder-working Kitchen Tricks You Never Knew! / Some 24 Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by shizzy7(f): 10:14am On Aug 30, 2015
BANGERLEE1:
what did u do to it?
I only applied rule 13
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by sandyd: 10:15am On Aug 30, 2015
ladyF:
Really...abeg what is the solution for 'over pepper' cry Pepper doesn't always look much to me, not until the food is ready and my nose starts running when eating.

It's [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

For too much pepper use a whole onion without cutting put in the stew it draws the excessive ppepper.

2 Likes

Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by Nobody: 10:16am On Aug 30, 2015
@justirich,

The first trick makes no scientific sense undecided

1 Like

Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by AsanwaKC(f): 10:16am On Aug 30, 2015
unbelievable...thumbs up op
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by ladyF(f): 10:26am On Aug 30, 2015
sandyd:

For too much pepper use a whole onion without cutting put in the stew it draws the excessive ppepper.
thanks much, will try it next time

1 Like

Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by vonn(f): 10:30am On Aug 30, 2015
justirich:
***SOME KITCHEN TRICKS YOU MAY NOT KNOW*** By May Chic

1. Do you know that you can amend an over-salted meal in the pot ,by simply rubbing palm oil around the pot and
allow it to heat for more minutes?
So,i mistakenly over salted our launch sometime ago,& i applied this tip.. lo & behold, the food became tasteless (all the salt in the meal dissappeared), that i have to gently add more salt to taste.

2. Do you know that you can retrieve the normal aroma of your meal when it's burnt (nri leree oku n'ike), by simply adding some slice of bread in the burnt meal inside your pot?
The bread will absorb all the burnt aroma and give
your meal its original taste.

3.Do you also know that you can make your Canda (kpomo) or cowLeg(ukwu efi) to soften within few minutes of boiling by simple adding Chewing-gum into the boiling meat.
Oburokwa ikwutacha de chewing-gum,michasia de
sugar di n'ime ya,iburu ya tinye n'ime ife oha ga-eri,e
mecha isi na owu ihe maychic gwalu gi. Hahahahha...Lolss...
Pls just de raw chewing-gum & not the one you have
chewed.

4. I know majority of you knew that putting an iron spoon inside your boiling beans will make it soften quick in few minutes?
It's better than using Akanwu(pottasium). That akanwu sef,its too acidic... it use to infuse war inside my stomach..afòm ana asu kwutukwutu ka ebe iraq na iran na alu ogu. Lolss

5.Now this will sound awkward but i must say it.
Do you know that adding some lumps of charcoal in a
sour soup (ofe gbalu-uka) can make it regain at least 70% of its original taste ? #Courtesy of my Togo sister.
Na she teach me this number5 when i went for holidays in Togo where she resides with her family in 2004.
Biko ina etinyekwa de charcoal,ekwekwana ka mmadu fugi,otherwise akpo gi nwanyi ajo-ite.
Please wash the charcoal and make sure it's a fresh one
you got from the firewood you recently used.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=873754812706064&id=100002146613870&refid=7&_ft_=qid.6188554778294984714%3Amf_story_key.6640348144874140567%3AeligibleForSeeFirstBumping.&__tn__=%2As
Do you mean rubbing oil inside or outer part of the pot?

3 Likes

Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by lightheart(m): 10:31am On Aug 30, 2015
Thanks for the tips.
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by litetias(m): 10:31am On Aug 30, 2015
Just ridiculous!
I don't believe any of them.

Very affordable 3 bedroom, 2 bedroom and self-contain apartments in conducive environs in Warri is available for rent.

Just 1 yr upfront payment (Instead of the 2 years most landlords collect).

Contact me via my signature
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by juizzyemmanuel(f): 10:34am On Aug 30, 2015
lyk duhhhh......
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by amparas(m): 10:35am On Aug 30, 2015
Huh na waoooo
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by Nobody: 10:38am On Aug 30, 2015
lonelydora:
As a kid, Mum always give me Charcoal (to put after grinding) whenever i go to grind beans for akara/moi moi so that it wont sour before i get home.

She didn't have to
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by chigoizie7(m): 10:39am On Aug 30, 2015
The wooden spoon on boiling water is true,i have experienced that.
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by dantori(m): 10:39am On Aug 30, 2015
Cutehector:
I duno why most girls tend to appear perfect to me, introvert see u dnt need to pretend... wink

Forgetn a meal on fire is so normal..... Not oversalting, urm yh I could believ dat
PLS TRY TO GET INTROVERT RIGHT O! SHE IS SAYING SHE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO COOK SHE BE AJEBO, NO BE SO INTROVERT?
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by Cutehector(m): 10:41am On Aug 30, 2015
dantori:

PLS TRY TO GET INTROVERT RIGHT O! SHE IS SAYING SHE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO COOK SHE BE AJEBO, NO BE SO INTROVERT?
who is dis one
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by sarutobie(m): 10:47am On Aug 30, 2015
also cutting onions in a rushing water (kitchen sink) will prevent you from "crying"...
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by Nobody: 10:51am On Aug 30, 2015
Silvofitz:
I disagree with#4. Potash is not an acid, it's an alkali, a base. A strong base at that. With pH of abt 13. The reason you have acute stomach upset anytime you take potash could be that your stomach produces so much acid,HCl. And intake of potash will elicit a rapid neutralisation reaction. (HCl + KOH= kCl +H2O).
The upset could arise from two sources, if other pathology the stomach are ruled out:
1. The acute elevation of stomach pH, ie reduced acidity can predispose your stomach to microbial infections.
2. The heat dynamics

I have always thought it was an acid

Thanks for the knowledge.

2 Likes

Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by wtfCode: 11:03am On Aug 30, 2015
huh!! Ok...i'm gonna save this page for my future wifey.
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by BANGERLEE1(m): 11:04am On Aug 30, 2015
shizzy7:
I only applied rule 13
rule 13 of?
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by Shakazulu2: 11:04am On Aug 30, 2015
All op said appear to be a joke right...??
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 30, 2015
Cutehector:
awwww. Damilola.. kiss.. I like d name. Wad does it mean

The lord has prosper me or given me wealth wink cheesy
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by Cutehector(m): 11:15am On Aug 30, 2015
MhizDeedy:

The lord has prosper me or given me wealth wink cheesy
so dats why ur askn me for 3llion dollars
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by jewelofafrica(f): 11:43am On Aug 30, 2015
INTROVERT:

Ave never burnt or oversalted a meal in my life. grin

That means U have never cooked a meal in your life
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 30, 2015
Cutehector:
so dats why ur askn me for 3llion dollars

Lmao
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by Emmyk(m): 11:47am On Aug 30, 2015
The only way not to 'cry' while slicing onions is to chew gum while at it.
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by INTROVERT(f): 11:47am On Aug 30, 2015
jewelofafrica:

That means U have never cooked a meal in your life

I won't defend my self any further.. take or leave it.
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by omowolewa: 12:21pm On Aug 30, 2015
Thanks but please explain the Oversalted a little fmore please.
Any clue on how to reduce peperish feeling on ones fingers.

justirich:

1. Do you know that you can amend an over-salted meal in the pot ,by simply rubbing palm oil around the pot and
So,i mistakenly over salted our launch sometime ago,& i applied this tip.. lo & behold, the food became tasteless (all the salt in the meal dissappeared), that i have to gently add more salt to taste.

2. Do you know that you can retrieve the normal aroma of your meal when it's burnt (nri leree oku n'ike), by simply adding some slice of bread in the burnt meal inside your pot?

3.Do you also know that you can make your Canda (kpomo) or cowLeg(ukwu efi) to soften within few minutes of boiling by simple adding Chewing-gum into the boiling meat.
chewed.

4. I know majority of you knew that putting an iron spoon inside your boiling beans will make it soften quick in few minutes?
It's better than using Akanwu(pottasium). That akanwu sef,its too acidic... it use to infuse war inside my stomach..afòm ana asu kwutukwutu ka ebe iraq na iran na alu ogu. Lolss

sour soup (ofe gbalu-uka) can make it regain at least 70% of its original taste ? #Courtesy of my Togo sister.
Na she teach me this number5 when i went for holidays in Togo where she resides with her family in 2004.
Biko ina etinyekwa de charcoal,ekwekwana ka mmadu fugi,otherwise akpo gi nwanyi ajo-ite.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=873754812706064&id=100002146613870&refid=7&_ft_=qid.6188554778294984714%3Amf_story_key.6640348144874140567%3AeligibleForSeeFirstBumping.&__tn__=%2As
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by youngval1388(m): 12:29pm On Aug 30, 2015
even Oga seun don save dis post for his future wife. Lols Oga na joke ooo.
happy Sunday buharist and gejites ;Deven Oga seun don save dis post for his future wife. Lols Oga na joke ooo.
happy Sunday buharist and gejites
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by DONOCHAS(m): 12:29pm On Aug 30, 2015
Can sum1pls give a scientific explanation 4 no 1
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by DrGroove(f): 12:47pm On Aug 30, 2015
lekjons:
what can i insert in my pot of stew to retrieve the sauce, if it got burnt and turned the contents to charcoal??

reply needed urgently!
insert fresh sh.it

1 Like

Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by Donbasi(m): 12:56pm On Aug 30, 2015
Wow wonderful, if not that u have some anambra ascent I would have asked if u are married my phobia for anambra babes I don't knw who will make me overcome it
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by janefrancisca(f): 12:57pm On Aug 30, 2015
insert the eye of a one week old owl grin
lekjons:
what can i insert in my pot of stew to retrieve the sauce, if it got burnt and turned the contents to charcoal??

reply needed urgently!

1 Like

Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by bosunjohns(m): 12:59pm On Aug 30, 2015
justirich:

chewed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

List Of The Most Expensive Fruits In The World / Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? / My simple Christmas Meal Today!!! Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.