Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,761 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:27 PM

Did God Really Create Man In His 'Image' And 'Likeness'? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did God Really Create Man In His 'Image' And 'Likeness'? (729 Views)

Created In God's Image And Likeness / Does God Really Answer Prayers? / Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did God Really Create Man In His 'Image' And 'Likeness'? by Rapmoney(m): 12:43am On Aug 30, 2015
The Book of Genesis says man is created in God's 'image'. Not just image but also 'likeness'. The aspect of likeness, I think, means that man has the nature of God!

If man was really created in the image and likeness of God, why do we have evil people such as murderers, rapists, armed robbers, fraudsters, etc? Does it mean certain humans have God's image and likeness and others do not?

Now, if man has, truly the 'likeness' (nature of God) of God and man is evil, does it mean God is likewise?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did God Really Create Man In His 'Image' And 'Likeness'? by Nobody: 12:48am On Aug 30, 2015
You want someone to tell you that God is evil.
Re: Did God Really Create Man In His 'Image' And 'Likeness'? by kunlesufyan(m): 12:52am On Aug 30, 2015
I'm not a pro in bible matters but I think we humans spoilt the whole program when we ate the forbidden fruit .

1 Like

Re: Did God Really Create Man In His 'Image' And 'Likeness'? by Drogbotel(m): 12:52am On Aug 30, 2015
What do you think happened when man ate the forbidden fruit? ?? The God nature died, and man became evil. Man was never evil at the beginning.
Re: Did God Really Create Man In His 'Image' And 'Likeness'? by Rapmoney(m): 12:54am On Aug 30, 2015
iamayodeji:
You want someone to tell you that God is evil.
Chill! It is too early to be in a hurry to conclude wink

1 Like

Re: Did God Really Create Man In His 'Image' And 'Likeness'? by Nobody: 12:56am On Aug 30, 2015
Rapmoney:
Chill! It is too early to be in a hurry to conclude wink

Alright then... let's see how it goes.

Am sitting on the fence here if you don't mind.
Re: Did God Really Create Man In His 'Image' And 'Likeness'? by Rapmoney(m): 12:57am On Aug 30, 2015
Drogbotel:
What do you think happened when man ate the forbidden fruit? ?? The God nature died, and man became evil. Man was never evil at the beginning.
Really? Don't give me that apple and snake story please!!!
Re: Did God Really Create Man In His 'Image' And 'Likeness'? by Rapmoney(m): 12:59am On Aug 30, 2015
iamayodeji:

Alright then... let's see how it goes.

Am sitting on the fence here if you don't mind.
You are allowed! It is a free world cheesy
Re: Did God Really Create Man In His 'Image' And 'Likeness'? by Rapmoney(m): 1:00am On Aug 30, 2015
kunlesufyan:
I'm not a pro in bible matters but I think we humans spoilt the whole program when we ate the forbidden fruit .
That apple and snake story again?

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 11/09/15 / Christains Beware! End Time Is Here!!! / As Goes The Church, So Goes The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.