Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,157 members, 7,953,594 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:04 PM

Sunday Palaver - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Sunday Palaver (396 Views)

My 8hours At Erinjesha Waterfall Story By Okewale Sunday Ife / Mother Vs Wives (mother-in-law Palaver) / That Sunday Vibe. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sunday Palaver by Nobody: 2:04pm On Aug 30, 2015
One saturday like that, Iya Laide invited me to her church at Gbagada. I always knew her to be a member of cele, and had vowed never to go to her church, but she was so earnest I wondered if it was a different church she was inviting me to. I asked her if there was a special service going on, she said her pastor was anointing new elders so there would be an “item 7”. As if she knew me well. Within minutes of hearing item 7, I’d already started salivating, and I pondered what clothing I had closest to white. Noticing that she had captured my interest, Iya Laide told me to be ready before 8am the following day, Sunday. Sunday morning, Iya Laide came knocking on my door. Trust me, I was waiting. I was barefooted and ready to go with her. She looked me up and down, then burst into laughter. Puzzled, I said to her “ Haba… Iya Laide kilon npa yin lerin? Mi o like e ooo” Iya Laide then told me to go wear my slippers or shoes. “Things have changed o.” She said I could pull them off at the church. I laughed and said she should have just told me. Some 30 minutes later, we arrived at the church...
Read the rest at www.laolusblog.

(1) (Reply)

The Cat (version Two) / A Father's Heart Cry For His Baby / Poetry Play #21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.