Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Who Is More Religious: Christians Or Muslims? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is More Religious: Christians Or Muslims? (3779 Views)

Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? / Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? / Are Women More Religious than Men? Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is More Religious: Christians Or Muslims? by Emeka72(m): 3:04pm On Apr 01, 2009
I am asking dis question because I feel Muslims are more religious dan Christians. They pray over virtually everything: b4 eating, dey pray b4 using d toilet, dey pray after using d toilet dey pray after waking up, dey pray in fact may times everyday which Christians don't

Secondly, dey are more disciplined Go to d North thier Ladies can't afford to dress indecently.

1 Like

Re: Who Is More Religious: Christians Or Muslims? by eruakhor: 2:06pm On Apr 02, 2009
thanks for saying this cos it absolutely true,

1 Like

Re: Who Is More Religious: Christians Or Muslims? by Emeka72(m): 4:33pm On Apr 08, 2009
but it appears Muslims are actually more religious than christians.

1 Like

Re: Who Is More Religious: Christians Or Muslims? by okgerald(m): 11:45am On Apr 10, 2009
actually very true. All over the world

1 Like

Re: Who Is More Religious: Christians Or Muslims? by eruakhor: 12:30pm On Apr 12, 2009
this is islam the only true religion of ALLAH

1 Like

Re: Who Is More Religious: Christians Or Muslims? by Horus(m): 12:42pm On Apr 12, 2009
Prophet Mohamed was a pedophile.

1 Like

Re: Who Is More Religious: Christians Or Muslims? by babs787(m): 2:15pm On Apr 12, 2009
@Horus\\

Prophet Mohamed was a pedophile.

Na lie. Table it and lets discuss. This issue has been dealt with on NL times without numbers.
Re: Who Is More Religious: Christians Or Muslims? by Horus(m): 2:56pm On Apr 12, 2009
babs787:

Na lie. Table it and lets discuss. This issue has been dealt with on NL times without numbers.

This is Not a lie ,the whole World know that this "Prophet"  married and had sex with a 9-year-old girl,yes 9,this mean that he was a  [size=15pt]Pedophile[/size]

1 Like

Re: Who Is More Religious: Christians Or Muslims? by MrCrackles(m): 2:58pm On Apr 12, 2009
Hard to tell!
Re: Who Is More Religious: Christians Or Muslims? by babs787(m): 2:59pm On Apr 12, 2009
This is Not a lie ,the whole World know that this "Prophet"  married and had sex with a 9-year-old girl,yes 9,this mean that he was a  Pedophile

Ok sir. Its a free world cool but read this first ton understand who a pedophile is
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedophilia
Re: Who Is More Religious: Christians Or Muslims? by Horus(m): 3:22pm On Apr 12, 2009

babs787:

Ok sir. Its a free world cool but read this first to understand who a pedophile is

Yeahhh,Yeahhhh,I can see Islam is a free world on this picture. shocked shocked
And yes I understand who a pedophile is; A pedophile is like a Prophet called Muhammad who had sex with a 9-year-old girl  shocked shocked shocked
What a Shame!!!! shocked shocked
Re: Who Is More Religious: Christians Or Muslims? by eruakhor: 10:51am On Apr 13, 2009
quite unfortunate, my God forgive us
Re: Who Is More Religious: Christians Or Muslims? by Bastage: 6:21pm On Apr 13, 2009
Neither Christians or Muslims are more relgious.

There are fundamentalist whack-jobs on both sides.
Re: Who Is More Religious: Christians Or Muslims? by Lady2(f): 2:42am On Apr 14, 2009
I am asking dis question because I feel Muslims are more religious dan Christians. They pray over virtually everything: b4 eating, dey pray b4 using d toilet, dey pray after using d toilet dey pray after waking up, dey pray in fact may times everyday which Christians don't

Secondly, dey are more disciplined Go to d North thier Ladies can't afford to dress indecently

This is wrong, a lot of christians are constantly in prayer, because we do not see the need to stand in the streets and pray or stop traffic or shout to the world that it is our time of prayer does not mean that we do not pray. I certainly pray while at work and they don't even know it. I don't have to make certain gestures to pray. So muslims may use gestures and christians don't, infact that may prove that Christians pray more than muslims, because you can never measure the many times our hearts are lifted up the Lord (prayer).
Also keep in mind that in the Bible it states that we should not be like the hypocrites who stand on the streets and pray so that all may see them. Our prayer is in our hearts not in our physical gestures.

Also the compulsory muslims prayer derives from the Christian prayer, I bet you guys didn't know there is something called Christian prayer. Some of you may want to make a big deal out of this, but keep in mind that the Catholic church has existed since Christ and that when islam came to be, the Catholic Church was the only "church" (body of Christ) and it was our practices that muhammad copied for the muslims. There is Christian prayer and it is called The Liturgy of the Hours. This prayer is prayed every three hours in full, and at certain times, and is the prayer of the Church after the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, it is also called The Office, the prayer was a compulsory prayer among the Christians, mostly the clergy, but the lay too prayed it, and it is still prayed till this day. It does sound familiar doesn't it. So no muslims are not more religious than Christians, and Christians are not more religious than muslims. Each are equally religious in their own right.

1 Like

Re: Who Is More Religious: Christians Or Muslims? by Lagosboy: 12:32pm On Apr 14, 2009
~Lady~:

Also the compulsory muslims prayer derives from the Christian prayer, I bet you guys didn't know there is something called Christian prayer. Some of you may want to make a big deal out of this, but keep in mind that the Catholic church has existed since Christ and that when islam came to be, the Catholic Church was the only "church" (body of Christ) and it was our practices that muhammad copied for the muslims. There is Christian prayer and it is called The Liturgy of the Hours. This prayer is prayed every three hours in full, and at certain times, and is the prayer of the Church after the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, it is also called The Office, the prayer was a compulsory prayer among the Christians, mostly the clergy, but the lay too prayed it, and it is still prayed till this day. It does sound familiar doesn't it. So no muslims are not more religious than Christians, and Christians are not more religious than muslims. Each are equally religious in their own right.

I am sorry but this sounds like a fairy tale to be honest.

There is a difference between supplication and praying in islam. Supplication is when you ask God for sumthin and muslims can do this any damn time. The fixed pryer is an act of worship that involve bowing and prostraion is what we do at specific times.

Frankly speaking if you had said the muslim manner of praying which iinvolves prostrations and falling on ones face is not new but was done by other prophets of god (Joshua5 v7, Nehimiah 8, Mathew 26 v 39) i would have said wonderful but saying it is copied from catholism is simply false. Prophet muhammed (PBUH) never copied the prayer from catholism in the least.

@Topic

It is difficult to say this as the faiths have different mode of worship. In islam your life is guided by it in every damn aspect from finance to family, from business to using the toilet there are sets of guidance for which some might called rulings.

1 Like

Re: Who Is More Religious: Christians Or Muslims? by 8oracle(m): 2:17pm On Apr 14, 2009
Who Is a Christain? Who Is a Muslim? George Bush Jnr a christain? Osaman Bin Laden a Muslim?

False Christains abound, So also false Muslims everywhere. The bottom line is, sincerity gets no one salvation from God, Romans 10 vs 2, 3 reads 2 For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God; but not according to accurate knowledge; 3 for, because of not knowing the righteousness of God but seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God
Re: Who Is More Religious: Christians Or Muslims? by AKO1(m): 2:36pm On Apr 14, 2009
You people have come again angry angry
Re: Who Is More Religious: Christians Or Muslims? by Emeka72(m): 5:16pm On May 18, 2009
But the muslim seem to have more disciplined standards and respect for their religion than most christians who take their religion for granted. ( most christians go to Church only on sundays and take other services for granted wheras the muslims are almost dedicated to all their worship periods.)

1 Like

Re: Who Is More Religious: Christians Or Muslims? by Abuzola(m): 1:29am On May 22, 2009
Haka ne
Re: Who Is More Religious: Christians Or Muslims? by mamag3: 1:28am On Jul 31, 2009
Is this a religion War Zone?. angry
Re: Who Is More Religious: Christians Or Muslims? by vdenis: 4:00pm On Jun 29, 2014
The question is who is more religious or who prays more. What is the use of dressing deceng and doing secret unright. The bible says dont judge so i will not judge because but because this people pray 24/7 does not mean they dont have there unritousness have been to a muslim country that dont have more than 2 prayer house in the capital they smoke drink 99.9 dont pray and they all claim muslims and follow some of the rules
None is better if you look at the life of prophet muhammed and hoe many times he changed and convert writings to the one that suit his life or how many quran there is you will know christianity is not and never for once being divided they still read and preach same thing am sure 99 percent of muslim in nigeria dont even know quran was once burnt after Mohammed died and was completed by some people and also there are different kind of quran saying different things non is hollier or more religious what they do in public does determine what happenes in private nor does how many times you pray determine your faith or u being religious
Re: Who Is More Religious: Christians Or Muslims? by kevoh(m): 4:14pm On Jun 29, 2014
Super Old thread undecided but I will oblige. This thread is 'DOA' Dead On Arrival. angry It will only serve to deepen the animosity between both parties. Sincerely no one cares which party is more religious. All we want is peace in Nigeria and love between each other.

1 Like

Re: Who Is More Religious: Christians Or Muslims? by diamonda1: 4:49pm On Jun 29, 2014
vdenis: The
question is who is more religious or who prays more. What is the use of
dressing deceng and doing secret unright. The bible says dont judge so i
will not judge because but because this people pray 24/7 does not mean
they dont have there unritousness have been to a muslim country that
dont have more than 2 prayer house in the capital they smoke drink 99.9
dont pray and they all claim muslims and follow some of the rules
None is better if you look at the life of prophet muhammed and hoe many
times he changed and convert writings to the one that suit his life or
how many quran there is you will know christianity is not and never for
once being divided they still read and preach same thing am sure 99
percent of muslim in nigeria dont even know quran was once burnt after
Mohammed died and was completed by some people and also there are
different kind of quran saying different things non is hollier or more
religious what they do in public does determine what happenes in private
nor does how many times you pray determine your faith or u being
religious

Liar liar
Re: Who Is More Religious: Christians Or Muslims? by Weah96: 11:39am On Jun 30, 2014
Muslims are more religious, without question. That's because in most instances, they have to watch out for both Allah and the penal code of sharia. Christians merely use their mouths to ask for forgiveness from God so deviations from biblical teachings are commonplace. Islam use whips and stones to deter you from deviating.
Re: Who Is More Religious: Christians Or Muslims? by RayMcBlue(m): 2:04pm On Jun 30, 2014
It's funny how Islam and Christianity are constantly feuding on who's got the better imaginary friend. SMH
for religion.

Islam conception of making heaven is better, though. All one is required to do is pretty simple but require a lot of heart: strap some C4 on your stomach or back, hold the trigger or button in your pocket, then proceed into a large gathering of non-Muslims(infidels) preferably Christians and atheists (a few Jews would be an added bonus) then shout "Allah Akbar" and press the button... 72 virgins, ganja, Heineken and paradise here I come!

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

The Third Secret Of Fatima, The Impostor Sister Lucia And The End Of The World. / Tithing: An Interesting Article / 27 Minutes To Midnight 2012 Edition/elisha Goodman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.