Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,009 members, 7,825,152 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Animals! Super Animals! - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Animals! Super Animals! (54173 Views)

Top Ten Animals That Stay Long Without Food / Top Six Most Endangered Animals In Nigeria(pics, Video) / 20 Bizarre Animals You Probably Never Heard Of (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Animals! Super Animals! by Nickydrake(m): 12:30am On Nov 17, 2015
It is not true that the platypus is the only animal capable of electroreception. When a capability as advanced as electroreception exists, you can be sure that it has been acquired by the world's most sophisticated predator; the Great White shark.
Re: Animals! Super Animals! by joshuamoses101(m): 12:32am On Nov 17, 2015
Nitefury:
Nice info...

"389km is actually the distance between Akure and Uyo in Nigeria. Imagine a bird going that distance in 1hour when it would take a car 4hours 28mins to reach it."

Op this line actually caught my attention... I want to believe it's an error on your part. Perhaps you meant flight distance

But you mentioned a car doing it in 4hours You be Luis Hamilton?

Calabar-Obudu (in the same state for instance) is between 325-360km (through Ogoja) by road How can Akure-Uyo be 389km?
Must have been an error or the the guy no know

must be an error or the guy no know where ondo dey... Or Would u like me to show him a map?
Re: Animals! Super Animals! by Nitefury: 12:39am On Nov 17, 2015
joshuamoses101:
must be an error or the guy no know where ondo dey... Or Would u like me to show him a map?

As in eh... Bad roads apart sef, Uyo Onitsha na journey... I believe he'll check the map himself
Re: Animals! Super Animals! by joshuamoses101(m): 12:44am On Nov 17, 2015
Nitefury:

As in eh... Bad roads apart sef, Uyo Onitsha na journey... I believe he'll check the map himself
this one u still dey awake so, are u up to do vigil 4 our country or France?
Re: Animals! Super Animals! by joystickextend1(m): 12:44am On Nov 17, 2015
Nice
Re: Animals! Super Animals! by kulboy(m): 12:53am On Nov 17, 2015
No. 3 reminds me of my favourite DISNEY's animal superhero PERRY THE PLATYPUS in "PHINEAS and FERB".

"Where's Perry?" grin

"Hey, where's Perry?"
"Curse you, Perry the Platypus!" -- Doofenshmirtz
"Oh, there you are, Perry."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Animals! Super Animals! by Nobody: 12:59am On Nov 17, 2015
johnydon22:

You are not an elephant so how would you know if an elephant knows these things.. You can never know what an elephant know just like you can never know what the person next to you knows ..

So do you think Elephants knows humans knows this? How then do you think humans would know if elephants knows this..

Intellect is not what you as a human determines it to be, you can only quantify that value from your own perspective as a human..
Yeah right! Tree huggers never cease to amaze me. Till an Elephant launches a ship to the moon, don't come here and talk intellectual or moral relativism with me. European Tree huggers tried it and today a lot of them are wringing their hands at their absurd stupidity....sans paris exampler

1 Like

Re: Animals! Super Animals! by kizitokings2018(m): 1:03am On Nov 17, 2015
why is it that sharks are always in blue waters..
Re: Animals! Super Animals! by Nitefury: 2:07am On Nov 17, 2015
joshuamoses101:
this one u still dey awake so, are u up to do vigil 4 our country or France?

As nothing concern agbero with overload na so nothing concern me with "Frounce"... Na work I dey do o...

Talking about dat france sef, attended a morning breakfast prayer yesterday at one redeem parish in Lekki, come see "prayers for France"... Na small thing I no vex comot I swear.. We never pray for Nigeria finish...

Black man get long way to go... Even Russia wey loose over 200 of dem citizens for plane crash (we here say na still ISIS do am ) no dey make plenty noise.

1 Like

Re: Animals! Super Animals! by HyDef(m): 2:09am On Nov 17, 2015
Amazing. Very insightful stuff. Knew the Peregrine one, please try and point out that that speed was recorded in a dive. wink

Knew about the shark and bats too I guess. smiley
Re: Animals! Super Animals! by amazingspiderma: 3:05am On Nov 17, 2015
These features are constantly finding their way into technology.The researchers that give out these information have kept it classified for years,so that the behavior of these animals can be mimiced into mordern day weapons and equipment.
Most of these creatures are the inspiration behind most of today's technology(technique/behaviour study).
The birds for instance inspired the aeroplane,the ants inspired architechture,management and teamwork.
The leaf eating caterpillar inspired the mechanical caterpillar and tractors equipment.
Transportation started with the mule,then the horse for speed,then the chariot,then the cart.The first car looked exactly like a cart,the only difference was that it was a self moving equipment(automobile),which was why its power was mersured in horse power.
Night vision equipments was inspired by animals that could see clearly at night using infrared like snakes.
Missile guided systems were inspired by the eagle hunting technique(lock and load on target).
Even the computers were inspired by the nervous system.
The major problem with education is that people are thought about measuring units and less about history.

The first point of study for any engineering student should be history,because in the lines of history are hidden the details of innovation.
The Wright brothers were never mechanical engineers,their trade was mending bicycles,yet they learnt from the birds and built the first air plane in 1914,while some scholar were busy applying calculus.
Life is for the dreamers,those who dare to try.Those who learn from history.Engineers should be dreamers as well

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Animals! Super Animals! by tasceige(m): 3:22am On Nov 17, 2015
1. Peregrine Falcons -Fastest creature on earth: but they travel inline with gravity.. Fly up the sky, locate their preys and descend in a nose diving form.. Flying at same time making use of force of gravity...
Re: Animals! Super Animals! by bummyla(m): 4:59am On Nov 17, 2015
Our GOD Is An Awesome GOD! Thank You JESUS!

3 Likes

Re: Animals! Super Animals! by fridayj(m): 4:59am On Nov 17, 2015
smtims i wonder hw intelligent d creator . d tin dt amaz created e me is they live and leave the earth d way they found it..
Re: Animals! Super Animals! by edogho(m): 5:52am On Nov 17, 2015
seankay:
All I see is MEAT
long throat, u need d new "Pepsi long throat" drink to wash it down gringrin
Re: Animals! Super Animals! by RobinHez(m): 5:58am On Nov 17, 2015
Nitefury:
Nice info...

"389km is actually the distance between Akure and Uyo in Nigeria. Imagine a bird going that distance in 1hour when it would take a car 4hours 28mins to reach it."

Op this line actually caught my attention... I want to believe it's an error on your part. Perhaps you meant flight distance

But you mentioned a car doing it in 4hours You be Luis Hamilton?

Calabar-Obudu (in the same state for instance) is between 325-360km (through Ogoja) by road How can Akure-Uyo be 389km?

I calculated all that with Google Maps smiley
Re: Animals! Super Animals! by RobinHez(m): 5:59am On Nov 17, 2015
joshuamoses101:
I used google maps. smiley
Re: Animals! Super Animals! by RobinHez(m): 6:08am On Nov 17, 2015
#I Modified ur post because its different from what's in the article.
Nickydrake:
It is not true that the platypus is the only animal Mammal capable of electroreception. When a capability as advanced as electroreception exists, you can be sure that it has been acquired by the world's most sophisticated predator; the Great White shark.

And Sharks are not mammals. wink

2 Likes

Re: Animals! Super Animals! by RobinHez(m): 6:11am On Nov 17, 2015
IlekeHD:
Really on front page?
Any problem?
Re: Animals! Super Animals! by IamGentle(f): 6:47am On Nov 17, 2015
TheHood:

Lol. I sometimes wish i possess some of these senses..especially the cheetahs own. grin
how abt the Bat's LMAO
Re: Animals! Super Animals! by Nobody: 7:03am On Nov 17, 2015
TheHood:
Amazing..!

Lalasticlala come and see o cheesy
wetin be Lalasticlala? shut your fingers and make a meaningful comment
Re: Animals! Super Animals! by victorazy(m): 7:28am On Nov 17, 2015
johnydon22:
[b]And somehow a human will in his egoism of self exultation think himself higher than any other life forms on earth.

We prize ourselves of intelligence and the ultimate brilliance but a simple look of others around us will reveal huge intense and wonderful means of perception that can only have us rethink our place in the world and our supposed contributions to it.

Other species live in moment, manipulate the earth to soothe their innate needs but we? in our greed and vanity we extort the earth not to soothe our needs but to sate our lust for the wealth of the world, but we do not know that the "Beauty of this planet is not in what we take from it but what we give it"

The lust and greed of men is proving to be a huge threat to the continuous existence of these wonderful creatures as the ones in the Op.

Maybe with our understanding of other species and the world around us we would learn to treat the other life forms with respect and see this earth is not just for us but for all of us.

Maybe in the nearest future man will frown at animal cruelty the same way we frown at slavery now
[/b]

Na God's devine gift. grin think about little abokki controlling a cow grin the cow doesn't have clue that with just oen nap of its foot can crush the little fulani boy yet they remained loyal to him. grin

1 Like

Re: Animals! Super Animals! by herald9: 7:37am On Nov 17, 2015
GogobiriLalas:
hey Mr.Dumbo a human used his superior intellect to figure these things out....can the elephant do the same?
No need for names calling. That was simple ECOLOGISM . Ecologists are of the view that nature has its own intrinsic value which must be protected not for human exploitation; that human beings are co-inhabitants on Earth with other living animals and plants and non-living things like mountains, rivers, etc . the existence of which must be respected and not destroyed for human economic interests; THAT HUMAN BEINGS SHOULD NOT SEE THEMSELVES AS CONQUERORS OF NATURE BUT PARTS AND PARTNERS IN PROGRESS.

I subscribe to this. smiley

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Animals! Super Animals! by blowjanet: 7:38am On Nov 17, 2015
very great and entertaining read. God's creation wonderfully made,but why are humans not there nah, we should be number one, we can make clothes to cover our unclothedness, kill ourselves etc,pure destruction is our super power. grin

but on a serious note, you didnt post anything about Cats and Dogs and their ESP(Extra sensory perception)
Re: Animals! Super Animals! by blowjanet: 7:39am On Nov 17, 2015
lmfao guy u funny o
seankay:
All I see is MEAT
Re: Animals! Super Animals! by Patented: 7:43am On Nov 17, 2015
Nice one Op. In addition the peregrine falcon can only achieve that speed in a dive, and not in level flight
Re: Animals! Super Animals! by liumesty(m): 8:00am On Nov 17, 2015
See if can spot an Unclad Woman In That Photo, If you cant, click the link to see were she is http://nolli9ja..com/2015/11/chiwetel-ejiofor-awarded-cbe-for.html

Re: Animals! Super Animals! by nigeriancuban: 8:22am On Nov 17, 2015
hmmm,
Re: Animals! Super Animals! by Nitefury: 9:08am On Nov 17, 2015
RobinHez:

I calculated all that with Google Maps smiley

Aii.... That should be flight distance then.

Sorry for digressing
Re: Animals! Super Animals! by philipobiz: 9:08am On Nov 17, 2015
Nice post. Very informative

Re: Animals! Super Animals! by KHAYGOLD(m): 9:09am On Nov 17, 2015
Human being— Intelligence

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant / Johannesburg Zoo Shares Photos Of Animals Enjoying Recent Snow (PICS) / The Puff Adder We Killed Under My Neighbour's Orange Tree This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.