Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,698 members, 7,823,960 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Most Read:the Best Example Of Success Is The Best Revenge - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Most Read:the Best Example Of Success Is The Best Revenge (697 Views)

Google Glass: An Example Of The Evolution Of Wearable Technology / Cancer Cure That Worked. An Example Of Self Destruction In Humans / Cancer Cure That Worked. An Example Of Self Destruction In Humans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Most Read:the Best Example Of Success Is The Best Revenge by Techoftoday: 6:43pm On Aug 31, 2015
This story dates back to the year of 1995. I was 5 years old. My Dad had taken an early retirement from Indian air force due to some reasons and were forced to live in the village. There was no electricity and only one school that too in a bad condition. We were a family of five and the only source of income was his pension, which was even less than what a Levi's jeans would cost now. Clearly life was a struggle but we were quite happy with what we had. It was a joint family and Dad’s brothers were also living in the same house. They were doing business and were quite prosperous. They never shared a thing except for my grandmother’s medicine or other requirements. So, essentially we were on our own.

I had just started going to my village school while my cousin’s were in some boarding school. It was an evening of March 18th ,1995 which happened to be my birthday also. I was jumping all evening with the plastic ball and bat I had got as my birthday present. Due to all this I was very tired but I had to sit with my father to complete my homework. I was sleepy and in no mood to study in that dim lantern light. My Father got impatient and scolded me. I could see the disappointment on his face.

Next to the room where I was studying (or feeling drowsy whatever !!) my cousins (they were on vacation) were also there with my uncle. Uncle heard my father scolding me and in his usual sarcastic tone he said :”padha to aise rha hai jaise engineer hi ban jayega !! ” (You are teaching as if he is gonna become an engineer.) . My father didn’t reply anything but from his expression I could understand he was sad.

Then I asked him “Papa, engineer kya hota hai ?” (Papa, “what” is engineer ?). He simply said “Engineer baut bada aadmi hota hai !!” (Engineer is kind of some big successful guy.) After that I immediately got up, went to the window and said “Uncle, aap dekhna main engineer hi banunga !!” (Uncle, you see one day, I’ll be an engineer). They all started laughing and making fun. I came back with a long face. My dad hugged me and said “Yes, my son you’ll be an engineer” and tears rolled of his eyes. That was a turning point and this incident made a place deep inside my sub conscious.

Fast forward, my dad got a job in Indian railways and we moved out of the village. Conditions improved, life changed but my goal remained the same. Going through all ups and downs of life and defying all odds this is me in 2012, with a first class distinction in Mechanical engineering and the award. Giving an interview to some media person for the project we did.

I didn't forget to send this picture to my uncle. I didn't finish here. I moved abroad and did MS from one of the world's best school of mechanical engineering with scholarship. Game is still on for someone else but first revenge has been served. Peace for now

http://www.wearobo.com/2015/08/uplifting-monday-real-life-example-of.html#sthash.XJcdnsxM.dpuf
Re: Most Read:the Best Example Of Success Is The Best Revenge by christinie(f): 6:44pm On Aug 31, 2015
Quite inspiring.
Whenever you are mocked about anything just know that the solution is at hand.

(1) (Reply)

Mark Zuckerberg Is The Sixth-richest Person On Earth / Nigerian Engineer Designs And Builds A '100% Nigerian' Tractor(pics) / Electricity : Discovered Or Invented?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.