Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,506 members, 7,958,535 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 04:37 PM

Public Grooming - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Public Grooming (553 Views)

Six Beards Grooming Tips You Need To Keep In Mind For The Coming Year / 5 Daily Grooming Tips Men Need To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Public Grooming by Connaissance2: 6:51pm On Aug 31, 2015
Public Grooming

When it comes to common etiquette errors, I have discovered that grooming in public takes the largest share.

I walked into an eatery a few days back and I sighted a pretty young lady sitting at a corner. She looked to me like she is waiting for someone or waiting for her meal. She had a small mirror in one hand and her hairbrush in the other, and I looked on stealthily as she brushed her extensions; right in the same place where other guests were having their meal! This is rude and unhygienic.

Personal grooming is essential, but should be done privately, away from public eyes. Hair care, nail care, makeup, oral care, flossing, “teeth picking” etc; all form part of our personal grooming, but must not be done in public. Public grooming is unprofessional and unsightly; and should be done behind closed doors.

Most decent eateries have well-equipped ladies and men’s rooms with huge mirrors where all forms of grooming can be done privately, in case you need to do a quick one while at a restaurant.

Here are some examples of personal grooming habits that should never be done in public.

Plucking/tweezing your facial hair
Cleaning out your ears
Painting your finger nails
Popping your pimples
Spraying perfume or applying deodorant
Applying your makeup/ applying lipstick
Filing your nails
Combing/brushing your hair
Picking your teeth etc

Whether you think anyone is looking or not, grooming in public is totally unacceptable and disrespectful to other people around you. Please do it before you leave home.

http://www.connaissancenow.com/public-grooming/
Re: Public Grooming by christinie(f): 6:52pm On Aug 31, 2015
Teach them!

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need A Job At Aba Or PortHarcourt / Parents Protest In Mouau As University VC Embezzle 60,800 Accomodation Fees / Dead Man Is The Guest Of Honour At His Own Wake-keep.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.