Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,816 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Bomb Disposal Robotic Tracked Vehicle(nairalanders Personal Project) - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Bomb Disposal Robotic Tracked Vehicle(nairalanders Personal Project) (1185 Views)

Startup Rolls Out A Robotic Kitchen That Can Cook Food On Its Own / A Siberian Tiger tracked and killed a poacher / A (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bomb Disposal Robotic Tracked Vehicle(nairalanders Personal Project) by KELVIN086: 10:48pm On Aug 31, 2015
ive always wanted to do this but i keep procastinating and i believe by opening a thread and updating my progress everyday i might eventually accomplish this, i don't want to build a toy and call it a robot, what im going to build is a full ground mobility vehicle with a robotic arm on it
i hold a bachelors degree in electrical engineering and am currently a batch c serving corper, i asked some fellow corpers to assist me technically in this but i was told it would be too difficult to accomplish, at the mention of the term robot they assume its going to be very difficult
i designed a joystick controlled robotic arm as my bsc project so i know i can do this.

at the completion of this project , the robot would be handed over to the nigerian army to be deployed in the war against terror ,

pls you can show ur support by commenting on this.

estimated project duration 1 month(i know this would definitely take more than a month but i believe stating one month would make me work harder and faster)

i would upload more of the project details tomorrow.

i don't want nysc to pass me by without contributing anything positive to nigeria except for teaching.

1 Like

Re: Bomb Disposal Robotic Tracked Vehicle(nairalanders Personal Project) by eleko1: 10:49pm On Aug 31, 2015
cool
Re: Bomb Disposal Robotic Tracked Vehicle(nairalanders Personal Project) by ladyF(f): 11:00pm On Aug 31, 2015
Wow nice one....
Re: Bomb Disposal Robotic Tracked Vehicle(nairalanders Personal Project) by Donald3d(m): 11:20pm On Aug 31, 2015
KELVIN086:
ive always wanted to do this but i keep procastinating and i believe by opening a thread and updating my progress everyday i might eventually accomplish this, i don't want to build a toy and call it a robot, what im going to build is a full ground mobility vehicle with a robotic arm on it
i hold a bachelors degree in electrical engineering and am currently a batch c serving corper, i asked some fellow corpers to assist me technically in this but i was told it would be too difficult to accomplish, at the mention of the term robot they assume its going to be very difficult
i designed a joystick controlled robotic arm as my bsc project so i know i can do this.

at the completion of this project , the robot would be handed over to the nigerian army to be deployed in the war against terror ,

pls you can show ur support by commenting on this.

estimated project duration 1 month

i would upload more of the project details tomorrow.

i don't want nysc to pass me by without contributing anything positive to nigeria except for teaching.
GREAT
Re: Bomb Disposal Robotic Tracked Vehicle(nairalanders Personal Project) by RobinHez(m): 11:21pm On Aug 31, 2015
Wow!
I pray God gives u wisdom to accomplish this task! smiley
Re: Bomb Disposal Robotic Tracked Vehicle(nairalanders Personal Project) by Dekatron(m): 11:37pm On Aug 31, 2015
Which developmental board are u using?

Arduino?

Or you build your own board? By board, I mean MICRO CONTROLLER? Since its a robot, it MUST have a controller
Re: Bomb Disposal Robotic Tracked Vehicle(nairalanders Personal Project) by Nobody: 11:38pm On Aug 31, 2015
Cool!
Re: Bomb Disposal Robotic Tracked Vehicle(nairalanders Personal Project) by KELVIN086: 12:31am On Sep 01, 2015
Dekatron:
Which developmental board are u using?

Arduino?

Or you build your own board? By board, I mean MICRO CONTROLLER? Since its a robot, it MUST have a controller

for the main functions i would be using a more powerful microcontroller, but i would still create some room for the arduino chip (atmega 328p) for some little functions onboard the robot platform.

thank u all for ur comments
Re: Bomb Disposal Robotic Tracked Vehicle(nairalanders Personal Project) by KELVIN086: 12:41am On Sep 01, 2015
i wish i started this thread 2 months ago.
Re: Bomb Disposal Robotic Tracked Vehicle(nairalanders Personal Project) by Dekatron(m): 11:57am On Sep 01, 2015
KELVIN086:
i wish i started this thread 2 months ago.

you said u wll start uploading more abt the project today. Why the lamentation & regret??

Hopes are high & am SUPER INTERESTED

1 Like

Re: Bomb Disposal Robotic Tracked Vehicle(nairalanders Personal Project) by KELVIN086: 6:30pm On Sep 01, 2015
no electricity since morning, nepa just brought the light now so i was unable to do the cad design for the mechanical parts , but i was still able to do some paper drawn designs on my a3 paper , im currently doing the design on autocad.

2 Likes

Re: Bomb Disposal Robotic Tracked Vehicle(nairalanders Personal Project) by KELVIN086: 12:42pm On May 01, 2016
I've made some money , time to continue this project .

1 Like

Re: Bomb Disposal Robotic Tracked Vehicle(nairalanders Personal Project) by KENZYYONG(m): 1:40pm On May 01, 2016
Mr Kelvin...well done you have my prayer [color=#006600][/color]
Re: Bomb Disposal Robotic Tracked Vehicle(nairalanders Personal Project) by Yemmyteespeed007(m): 1:55pm On May 01, 2016
I love this keep the ball rolling.
but what field in EEE is ur profession
Re: Bomb Disposal Robotic Tracked Vehicle(nairalanders Personal Project) by Ssathugit: 11:38pm On Jan 25, 2022
The pandemic has triggered a race in the robotics market: in 2021. I recently heard about the introduction of tracked micro machines in the restaurant business and food delivery. I was recommended a resource https://leohelper.us/ where this is described in more detail. Have you heard anything about it?

(1) (Reply)

The Earth Is Definitely Not Flat / Where Can I Buy Lush Hair Products In Wholesales? / Highest Paid Professionals All Over The World (be One Of Them)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.