Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,710 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:43 PM

Is It Possible - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Is It Possible (1727 Views)

Is It Possible To Keep A Tiger As A Pet In A Huge House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible by Richybang: 7:43am On Sep 01, 2015
Can a black and tan gsd dogs(male and female ) give birth to a fawn gsd with floppy ears am asking this because i do think my dog is a mix until my bro called me yesterday and told me she is not mix that both parents are very good gsd dogs black and tan that they gave birth to her two days after her mom delivered 6 pups which made her last she has little black on her back and tail is it possible for a black and tan parents to give birth to a fawn pup with floppy ears and she is around a year i will upload her pic for you to see
Re: Is It Possible by makingsense(m): 7:57am On Sep 01, 2015
Wait .... Let me ask google
Re: Is It Possible by coolsegun2002: 9:01am On Sep 01, 2015
It's all in d DNA bro...just cos u can't see it doesn't mean it ain't there in the blood....i posted a pure white lhasa for sale a couple of weeks back...this pup came from a litter of 6 pups..4 pure white nd 1complete black nd a white nd brown mix...their parents(jiji nd romeo) happens to be complete white......the trait dats recessive today can be dominant tomorow..it can remain recessive for several cycles of birth nd just show up in anoder litter..
Re: Is It Possible by Richybang: 9:36am On Sep 01, 2015
@coolsegun but her ears are floppy
Re: Is It Possible by Richybang: 9:40am On Sep 01, 2015
All 7pups are black and tan (grown with standing ears) only her that's fawn and floppy ears
Re: Is It Possible by Richybang: 9:49am On Sep 01, 2015
They usually mistake her for a local dog because of her colour i do tell them she is not a local dog only those that knows dogs says she is a gsd i will and upload her pic
Re: Is It Possible by arcbay(m): 9:50am On Sep 01, 2015
Obviously in the genepool.
Re: Is It Possible by Richybang: 12:45pm On Sep 01, 2015
that's her

Re: Is It Possible by coolsegun2002: 1:21pm On Sep 01, 2015
Richybang:
@coolsegun but her ears are floppy

Yeay...floppy ears is a trait for some breed,just like standing ears is for gsd, very hairy nd gigantic stature for cauc,lhasa nd Maltese dnt grow taller dan a foot stool...somewhere along the genetic makeup of dis ur dog...a dog with floppy ears have contributed to birth of one of its ancestors....
Just because the two parents of dis very dog u saw have pointing ears doesn't mean either of them do not have a floppy ear nd fawn gene dats recessive in dem..d gene only became dominant in ur dog......dats why they say cross breeding ain't advisable cos the way mother nature does its gene selection nd combination might be completely uncontrollable..except u r a genetic biotechnologist....they can tru advance science suppress an undesired trait in a cross so dat it's d only desired trait,say hairy coat,large stature,blue eyes will be expressed in d offspring....even for scientist d process ain't 100% controlable...
Re: Is It Possible by Richybang: 3:53pm On Sep 01, 2015
I know floppy ears are for some breed but not for gsd but according to my bro he said she is gsd i have not seen a gsd with floppy ears unless its mixed with another breed which has floppy ears my bro is a very big fan of gsd and rott he can tell when a gsd or rott is mixed he is going to make research her bloodline
Re: Is It Possible by Richybang: 4:08pm On Sep 01, 2015
Her 1st and 2nd heat has gone she will be goin into heat few months from now i have lots of people are asking for her pup same like her lot of people likes her maybe she is the first fawn gsd they are seeing and i can't find a good fawn gsd dog to mate her here in imo i can't buy a pup for someone on this site
Re: Is It Possible by naijainfogalery: 9:35pm On Sep 01, 2015
I dont think the dog is a full breed o, and why are the ears of a mature GSD not standing?
Re: Is It Possible by Richybang: 8:10am On Sep 02, 2015
All the remaining pups look like gsd you will mistake them for pedigree dogs with standing ears according my bro two are long haired and the rest are short but she the only fawn among them with floppy ears
Re: Is It Possible by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 02, 2015
It is 100% right, i read it on line were a pure GSD has a falling ear and the vet advice to tape the ear
Re: Is It Possible by survtony(m): 3:16pm On Sep 02, 2015
@richybang, why not try seeing for yourself. All you know about the dog seems to be what your brother told you, so I will suggest you try seeing the parents so as to clear your doubt
Re: Is It Possible by Richybang: 10:31pm On Sep 02, 2015
survtony:
@richybang, why not try seeing for yourself. All you know about the dog seems to be what your brother told you, so I will suggest you try seeing the parents so as to clear your doubt
him is not in nigeria he base in cote d'ivoire that were he got the dog we swapped pets I sent a rott pup to him and he sent me this dog
Re: Is It Possible by survtony(m): 12:03am On Sep 03, 2015
Richybang:
him is not in nigeria he base in cote d'ivoire that were he got the dog we swapped pets I sent a rott pup to him and he sent me this dog

Okk. I get
Re: Is It Possible by BOUNTYDOG(m): 10:54am On Sep 03, 2015
You querry the dogs purity by yourself,because she possess 2 traits that is not significant to the GSDs.
Before a dog can be certified pedigree by recognised kennel clubs,the lineage of the dog must have been traced back to 5 generations with none of them having defects of the particular breed,so they understand their predisposition,and screen to standard.
Now I'm sure ur brother only saw the parents but forgot the fact that some traits in a crossed bred dog might not show in the pups,while those errors might come from their offspring.example a boy might pick one trait of the grandfather,the heights,eyes,nose or even voice ,unlike the father.
Like for your dog,I would say you have to enquire more on the generation of the dog not just the parents,as those traits some forego when crossed breeding is recessive in the gene and can come up when you list expect it.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible by Richybang: 9:01pm On Sep 03, 2015
BOUNTYDOG:
You querry the dogs purity by yourself,because she possess 2 traits that is not significant to the GSDs.
Before a dog can be certified pedigree by recognised kennel clubs,the lineage of the dog must have been traced back to 5 generations with none of them having defects of the particular breed,so they understand their predisposition,and screen to standard.
Now I'm sure ur brother only saw the parents but forgot the fact that some traits in a crossed bred dog might not show in the pups,while those errors might come from their offspring.example a boy might pick one trait of the grandfather,the heights,eyes,nose or even voice ,unlike the father.
Like for your dog,I would say you have to enquire more on the generation of the dog not just the parents,as those traits some forego when crossed breeding is recessive in the gene and can come up when you list expect it.
he saw her grand parent today they are still gsd he was told her great grand parent (mom) is a gsd mix he couldn't get the name of the other breed clearly and great grand father was a import gsd he went to the houses who had them he was told she is just like her great grand mom same colour same stature and her aggression is from her recent father she is over protective and too aggressive to any new face that enters my compound she has cut two chains,one belt and a collar her father hates local dogs,and any black dog and she hates local dogs a little and she is dominant over rott,co,bull mastiff. BIG THANKS TO THOSE THAT CLEARED ME OUT
Re: Is It Possible by BOUNTYDOG(m): 9:14pm On Sep 03, 2015
Richybang:
he saw her grand parent today they are still gsd he was told her great grand parent (mom) is a gsd mix he couldn't get the name of the other breed clearly and great grand father was a import gsd he went to the houses who had them he was told she is just like her great grand mom same colour same stature and her aggression is from her recent father she is over protective and too aggressive to any new face that enters my compound she has cut two chains,one belt and a collar her father hates local dogs,and any black dog and she hates local dogs a little and she is dominant over rott,co,bull mastiff. BIG THANKS TO THOSE THAT CLEARED ME OUT

Lol
Re: Is It Possible by Richybang: 9:27pm On Sep 03, 2015
One more thing am a little per time breeder I do buying and selling of dogs for people let me just say mostly buying the above do will soon come to heat and I have been searching for her type but could not find any I have lots of people that are asking for her pup the same type with her and I also want her particular breed to be in existence(to make her own bloodline) any time she goes for a walk people fall in love with her I don't really know why since I can't find her type I was thinking of using a gsd since she looks like it if am to use a gsd the tendency to give birth to her kind will be how many percent and also the tendency to give birth to a good gsd pups. Let me clear my self am not a mix breed breeder
Re: Is It Possible by Richybang: 9:36pm On Sep 03, 2015
BOUNTYDOG:

Lol
my old man use to say there is no help without a thanks
Re: Is It Possible by barcaboi(m): 7:49am On Sep 05, 2015
Richybang:
Her 1st and 2nd heat has gone she will be goin into heat few months from now i have lots of people are asking for her pup same like her lot of people likes her maybe she is the first fawn gsd they are seeing and i can't find a good fawn gsd dog to mate her here in imo i can't buy a pup for someone on this site
the recessive mixed gene in her parents was manifested in her...she's a gsd but mixed traits dey her blood.....mate with a good gsd irrespective of fawn or not; u'll get good pups...
Re: Is It Possible by Richybang: 10:07am On Sep 05, 2015
barcaboi:

the recessive mixed gene in her parents was manifested in her...she's a gsd but mixed traits dey her blood.....mate with a good gsd irrespective of fawn or not; u'll get good pups...
thanks man

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

3 Months Old Samoyed For Sale / Cute Pure White 7 Months Male Lhasa Apso For Sale / Meet Floki My Cute Boerboel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.