Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,061 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Rooney Asked Me Who Martial Was - Schneiderlin - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rooney Asked Me Who Martial Was - Schneiderlin (648 Views)

Mourinho Is Regreting Why He Sold Schneiderlin And Schweinsteiger / Morgan Schneiderlin Have Left Manchester United And Join Everton . / ‘schneiderlin Can Leave In January’- Manchester United Boss Jose Mourinho Confir (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rooney Asked Me Who Martial Was - Schneiderlin by Kennyslimsteve(m): 11:56am On Sep 01, 2015
The 19-year-old is set to complete a move to Old Trafford but his countryman has revealed that the Manchester United captain approached him about his club's latest targetMorgan Schneiderlin has revealed that Wayne Rooney had to ask him who Anthony Martial was when it was confirmed that the 19-year-old was nearing a move to Manchester United.

Martial was granted leave by France national team boss Didier Deschamps on Monday to fly to England and finalise a deal reported to be worth up to €80m with United, and is expected to be confirmed at Old Trafford before the close of the English transfer window on Tuesday.

The deal has surprised many given that Martial has played less than 50 Ligue 1 matches for Monaco and has yet to make a senior appearance for France, and Schneiderlin revealed that United captain Rooney approached him to find out more about his potential new strike partner.

"To be honest, yesterday [Sunday] on the plane, Wayne Rooney came to speak to me and asked me who Martial was, because the English press had started to speak," Schneiderlin told reporters at France's training base at Clairefontaine.

"I told him he's a great player with great potential, who has played some good matches with Monaco last season and the the beginning of this.

"I told him he is technical and powerful. A little like Therry Henry, even if it's the press who are making that comparison."

The deal to take Martial to United will make him the most expensive teenager in the history of football, and Schneiderlin is keen to ensure that the 19-year-old does not feel the weight of his price tag when he arrives at Old Trafford.

"The size of the fee? If he wants my advice, it is to ignore it," the former Southampton man added. "The media will talk a lot and will expect him to score many goals. But he must remember his qualities and play like he knows how. He can't be paralysed by it. I think everything will go well."[color=#990000][/color]

source:. http://m.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/4102/transfer-zone/2015/09/01/14941612/rooney-asked-me-who-martial-was-schneiderlin

Re: Rooney Asked Me Who Martial Was - Schneiderlin by Tia1man: 6:41pm On Sep 04, 2015
well
Re: Rooney Asked Me Who Martial Was - Schneiderlin by Icon4s(m): 7:32pm On Sep 04, 2015
80 million Euros. This guy will flop.Waste of money. He should make 40 goals this season to prove dat value.

(1) (Reply)

Eyewitness Account Of What Happened In Camp Between Oliseh And Enyeama. / Why Mourinho Was Sent To Stands At West Ham / How Jamie Vardy Of Leicester City Made A Name For Himself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.