Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,073 members, 7,821,690 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

done - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / done (4479 Views)

May GOD Keep All Our Enemy Busy Like This In June In Jesus Name / Absence From Court: TB Joshua Speaks After Failing To Be At The Court / Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: done by urheme: 12:08pm On Sep 02, 2015
Jeromejnr:

I am just saying the truth here.

The truth is, most people are praying for something and they are "hoping" one day to receive it. But they will never receive those things because not everything works by prayer.

Let's not deceive anyone with "be patient". I have seen ppl that have been patient in church for 10-20 years and still their situations have not changed.
CaptainJune:

Jeez. Sis, why the harsh words? You may have really misunderstood him.

Analize this

He is saying God has reasons to fail us whether we pray or not.

He is also making a claime that God failed op because op served God and prayed wrongly.

Now, jeromejno is not God, instesd of conforting he is conderming, so i said this guy is heartless.

God has no right to fail op, whether he prays or not as long as he has choosen to belief in God.
Re: done by Jeromejnr(m): 12:13pm On Sep 02, 2015
urheme:

Analize this

He is also making a claime that God failed op because op served God and prayed wrongly.

Now, jeromejno is not God, instesd of conforting he is conderming, so i said this guy is heartless.

God has no right to fail op, whether he prays or not as long as he has choosen to belief in God.

I don't see anywhere I said God failed the OP.

God never fails anyone. We fail ourselves. There are laws we have to follow to enjoy what God has for us.

You can refer to the comment I gave to the guy that was talking of the OP being under a closed heaven.
Re: done by CaptainJune: 12:13pm On Sep 02, 2015
urheme:

You don't know your last busstop, you don't even know when and how you will die, may be you will die today you are not so sure, and you are on NL ranting.

Life will be beautiful only if you make the ugly things arround beautiful.

The only jesus you will see till the day you die are the ophans, widows that have not, the lass priviledged of society, the sick dying slowly on hospital bed, these are the
Jesus who need you to beautify them.

Yes and yes again you can see the beauty of life through them. But until then your destination still ends in the grave.

I understand your point but unfortunately you don't see mine. The beauty of life has nothing to do with the physical things of life. It is rooted in the hope and joy of having Jesus in you, knowing that whatever storm you are passing through Jesus is there with you and everything will work out to your advantage. The beauty of life also lies in being able to walk in the promises of God for you no matter what you see on the contrary in the physical. Jesus makes life beautiful because the earth is full of the glory of God.

These people you mentioned are not Jesus. In fact, in many you will not see Jesus in them. However, they are the friends of Jesus because He is closer to the homeless, a Father to the fatherless, the comfort to the sick and hurting. Jesus does not need you to beautify Him; He is the source of beauty. All He wants from you is to obey Him and love everyone whether good or evil. Love never forgets the homeless, the sick, the hurting, those in prison, the physically handicapped, the mentally challenged because they are the friends of God.

My goal or destination in life is not to end up in the grave. The grave is the ultimate end of every life on earth but it is not the reason why I was sent to earth by my Father. That which He wants me to accomplish will be done because that is His will for me. Until then, the distance between me and the grave will be very very wide by the grace and power of God that makes all things beautiful in His time.
Re: done by urheme: 12:19pm On Sep 02, 2015
Jeromejnr:

I don't see anywhere I said God failed the OP.

God never fails anyone. We fail ourselves. There are laws we have to follow to enjoy what God has for us.

You can refer to the comment I gave to the guy that was talking of the OP being under a closed heaven.

You are blowing hot and cool, just give us the laws since you have them.

1 Like

Re: done by Jeromejnr(m): 12:22pm On Sep 02, 2015
urheme:

You are blowing hot and cool, just give us the laws since you have them.

I don't know where you stand , so I can't give them to you.
Re: done by CaptainJune: 12:26pm On Sep 02, 2015
urheme:

Analize this

I understand Jeromejnr perfectly and he never implied any of these things.

Urheme, there are spiritual principles to be applied in our lives if we want to see results. Praying all day and all night cannot solve some situations. Knowledge is needed in this areas if you want to see change.

This truth becomes obvious when you read the op. This is the same reason why I recommended spiritual books for the Op to read and be enlightened.

We don't know it all. I have once being in the Op's shoes until I realized my mistake in the meaning and application of faith. Now my faith is stronger than ever and still growing strong. This is what I desire for the Op, too. In fact, it is what I desire for every Christian. There is nothing heartless about it.
Re: done by urheme: 12:28pm On Sep 02, 2015
CaptainJune:

I understand your point but unfortunately you don't see mine. The beauty of life has nothing to do with the physical things of life. It is rooted in the hope and joy of having Jesus in you, knowing that whatever storm you are passing through Jesus is there with you and everything will work out to your advantage. The beauty of life also lies in being able to walk in the promises of God for you no matter what you see on the contrary in the physical. Jesus makes life beautiful because the earth is full of the glory of God.

These people you mentioned are not Jesus. In fact, in many you will not see Jesus in them. However, they are the friends of Jesus because He is closer to the homeless, a Father to the fatherless, the comfort to the sick and hurting. Jesus does not need you to beautify Him; He is the source of beauty. All He wants from you is to obey Him and love everyone whether good or evil. Love never forgets the homeless, the sick, the hurting, those in prison, the physically handicapped, the mentally challenged because they are the friends of God.

My goal or destination in life is not to end up in the grave. The grave is the ultimate end of every life on earth but it is not the reason why I was sent to earth by my Father. That which He wants me to accomplish will be done because that is His will for me. Until then, the distance between me and the grave will be very very wide by the grace and power of God that makes all things beautiful in His time.

Some one think he is sent to earth to accomplish a task.

So what exactly are you aiming at accomplishing for God

Perhaps you can make boko haram dissappear,

Deluded!!!!!
Re: done by CaptainJune: 12:33pm On Sep 02, 2015
urheme:

Some one think he is sent to earth to accomplish a task.

So what exactly are you aiming at accomplishing for God

Perhaps you can make boko haram dissappear,

Deluded!!!!!

Sighs.

How can I make you understand?

Everyone has a Calling from God. Each person has his or her specific task to achieve while on earth. After this is accomplished then God calls the person home. Your task is very important because it is through its achievement that you are rewarded with a throne to rule and reign with Christ for all eternity.

Simple enough?
Re: done by urheme: 12:36pm On Sep 02, 2015
Jeromejnr:

I don't know where you stand , so I can't give them to you.

You have nothing to offer your self moreorless people in need.

You cannot give what you don't have, i know your type.
my stand does not matter to you, i am here to confort the op
Re: done by Jeromejnr(m): 12:39pm On Sep 02, 2015
urheme:

You have nothing to offer your self moreorless people in need.

You cannot give what you don't have, i know your type.
my stand does not matter to you, i am here to confort the op

Why should I give you what is meant only for the believers.

You don't know anything about anybody's type. If you like, Comfort from now till tomorrow it still doesn't change situations.

What changes situations is the Word of God and actions.
Re: done by urheme: 12:53pm On Sep 02, 2015
CaptainJune:

Sighs.

How can I make you understand?

Everyone has a Calling from God. Each person has his or her specific task to achieve while on earth. After this is accomplished then God calls the person home. Your task is very important because it is through its achievement that you are rewarded with a throne to rule and reign with Christ for all eternity.

Simple enough?
grin

You have already strategise. What a planner,

What you are doing on NL right now will deffinately give you a reward of a throne where you will rule and reign, you will be president and Jesus will be your vice grin

God has failed you already, you are too greedy and selfish to even die believe me. All your ranting is for a reward of a throne, i wonder how that country of yours will look like since only you will rule for eternity.

Hope you have a plan B when this plan fails and you don't get the desired reward.

You need to go back to default mood and start thinking. sad
Re: done by urheme: 12:57pm On Sep 02, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Why should I give you what is meant only for the believers.

You don't know anything about anybody's type. If you like, Comfort from now till tomorrow it still doesn't change situations.

What changes situations is the Word of God and actions.

And what is the word of god
Define the word "unbeliever"
Re: done by Jeromejnr(m): 12:57pm On Sep 02, 2015
urheme:

The opposite of word of man.
Re: done by Jeromejnr(m): 1:00pm On Sep 02, 2015
urheme:

Define the word "unbeliever"

An unbeliever is someone that does not beleive.
Re: done by CaptainJune: 1:09pm On Sep 02, 2015
urheme:

grin

You have already strategise. What a planner,

What you are doing on NL right now will deffinately give you a reward of a throne where you will rule and reign, you will be president and Jesus will be your vice grin

God has failed you already, you are too greedy and selfish to even die believe me. All your ranting is for a reward of a throne, i wonder how that country of yours will look like since only you will rule for eternity.

Hope you have a plan B when this plan fails and you don't get the desired reward.

You need to go back to default mood and start thinking. sad

Okay. I believe we have arrived at the end of this discussion.

Do comfort the Op in whatever capacity you can.

@ Jeromejnr, this is my exit cue. Unfollowing the thread. My words here are done.

2 Likes

Re: done by urheme: 1:12pm On Sep 02, 2015
Jeromejnr:

An unbeliever is someone that does not beleive.

This is why other religion adherer such as muslims see you as a threat, they hate you because you are an infidel, and they are going to kill you when they get you.

You are an unbeliever. Are't we all in one way or the other

You also need to go back to default mood and start thinking critically.
Re: done by urheme: 1:18pm On Sep 02, 2015
Jeromejnr:

The opposite of word of man.

Is there any written word we see today that is not written by men ,

Bible, quoran, constitution which one?
Re: done by Jeromejnr(m): 1:19pm On Sep 02, 2015
urheme:

This is why other religion adherer such as muslims see you as a threat, they hate you because you are an infidel, and they are going to kill you when they get you.

You are an unbeliever. Are't we all in one way or the other

You also need to go back to default mood and start thinking critically.

Yep I never doubted I was an unbeliever to the Islamic ways. But you're not in my camp so you also are considered an unbeliever.

BTW, I will also be joining CaptainJune in exiting this thread. Just like he said "make sure you comfort her in whatever capacity you can".

Peace out. cool
Re: done by urheme: 1:38pm On Sep 02, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Yep I never doubted I was an unbeliever to the Islamic ways. But you're not in my camp so you also are considered an unbeliever.

BTW, I will also be joining CaptainJune in exiting this thread. Just like he said "make sure you comfort her in whatever capacity you can".

Peace out. cool
CaptainJune:

Okay. I believe we have arrived at the end of this discussion.
Do comfort the Op in whatever capacity you can.

These are preceedent that the world's biggest problem as it stand today is religion, jeromejnr even has his camp where he recruits into so does tb joshua.

The bad part is that when you ask them to think, anger comes in, the end result is, they commit murder or sucide or both.

Religious camps are just like a "gang of thieves" the robbin hood story.

How can society advance
Re: done by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 02, 2015
Peezzy:

people I'm doing tutorial for are having 60-77% in the same exam I failed. not the first time

Are always extremely nervous before taking a test?

By the way, there is no greater failure like god (if he truly exists).
Re: done by Nobody: 9:02pm On Sep 02, 2015
Peezzy:
why? why does God keep failing me? I cannot categorically point out any of my personal prayer point God has answered since I've been praying and serving him. why does he keep failing me? I can't even say "I prayed for this and it happened", I've never said it, why? I'm really fed up of futile endeavors, praying and fasting with no result even with hard work.
when I do not pray is when I do well in tests and exams but I perform shamefully whenever I commit things into God's hands, The bible in proverb said I should put all my trust in him but things keep going south.

I am really fed up!!
You don't seem to understand...God chooses to do things when he wants to whether you pray or not. God is the potter just take whatever he presents and hope for the best....don't stop praying so that your heart will not be preoccupied with evil

1 Like

Re: done by frank317: 10:43pm On Sep 02, 2015
SonOfEl:

whether your accept or not, there is a God....you are too infinitesimal to change that or disprove it. even a skeptic called Voltaire once said that if there is not God, then it is necessary to invent him. Lifes complexities and the natural world from the atom to the milky way proves that there is GOD, and in by a skeptic stance, there has to be one.

Even if there is God, how does that change anything? Ok there is God... What next? I will still g bto work and to earn money tomorrow. Even if God exists he must be the most useless thing I have ever seen.
Re: done by SonOfEl(m): 10:48pm On Sep 02, 2015
frank317:

Even if there is God, how does that change anything? Ok there is God... What next? I will still g bto work and to earn money tomorrow. Even if God exists he must be the most useless thing I have ever seen.

congratulations.
Re: done by taiwo850629: 10:21am On Sep 03, 2015
Just keep doing good to God and your fellow man, God will reward you in his own time. We won't be able to understand most of what God is doing, that's why he is in heaven and we are on earth.
Re: done by abacusCm(m): 11:01am On Sep 03, 2015
Tundeiab:

You focus too much on what God isn't doing and in the process forget what God is doing.

Many slept and didn't wake up today but you did.
many don't have hands to type a message on their phones, but you have.
Many are paying for oxygen in the hospital but you have it FOC...
The list goes ON and ON.

You are very ungrateful. Many pray everyday to be in your present position but they are not.

Ask for forgiveness and seek for deliverance.
do you know that there are lot of people praying and fasting presently that God should heal them but yet nothing has happened and most are now even finding means to commit suicide?so sleeping well or waking well are not the issue to many people,so that is just an excuse for those that did not SEE VERY WELL.
Re: done by Tundeiab(m): 11:32am On Sep 03, 2015
abacusCm:
do you know that there are lot of people praying and fasting presently that God should heal them but yet nothing has happened and most are now even finding means to commit suicide?so sleeping well or waking well are not the issue to many people,so that is just an excuse for those that did not SEE VERY WELL.
If your ways are right with God, nothing stops him from answering your prayers.
Re: done by Nobody: 12:03pm On Sep 03, 2015
Peezzy:
the most disappointing thing is seeing guys I'm better than intellectually doing better than me, guys wey I dey preach to...not saying I'm holier than them but why me God!!!!!!!!!

The do better than you simply because they work hard and smart,they do not put their hope on a god,instead they pilot teir own destiny why you try to find cheap miracles from your deity.
Re: done by bxcode(m): 1:25pm On Sep 03, 2015
Op God has not failed anyone in the past and your own case shouldn't be different, God has provided everything that you will ever need even before you were born according to his will for you, the problem is not in God answering your prayers but in you receiving what has been provided for you already with faith by teaching out and grabbing what his grace has already made available. What you need is the knowledge of how these things work, like someone suggested getting some books and reading them. I wish there is a way I could help you with Andrew Wommack teachings on faith, it will help you a lot. But on your own you can still change your attitude towards God and see your life turn around for good. Romans 10:17 is a nice place to start. God have never stopped loving you.
Re: done by frank317: 3:19pm On Sep 03, 2015
altamaurice:
You don't seem to understand...God chooses to do things when he wants to whether you pray or not. God is the potter just take whatever he presents and hope for the best....don't stop praying so that your heart will not be preoccupied with evil

So why ask her to pray since you just admitted that God does not answer prayer?
So the function of prayer is just for eveil not to occupy the mind and not for God to help anyone?
You guys bring up a new one everyday.

2 Likes

Re: done by dalaman: 3:30pm On Sep 03, 2015
frank317:

So why ask her to pray since you just admitted that God does not answer prayer?
So the function of prayer is just for eveil not to occupy the mind and not for God to help anyone?
You guys bring up a new one everyday.

They just keep churning out new spins daily.
Re: done by Chizzled06(m): 8:45pm On Sep 04, 2015
"I do not pray. I accept the means at my disposal for working out my destiny. It seems to me that I have been given a mind and willpower for that very purpose. I do not expect God to single me out and grant me advantages over my fellow men. Prayer seems to me a cry of weakness, and an attempt to avoid, by trickery, the rules of the game as laid down. I do not choose to admit weakness. I accept the challenge of responsibility."

1 Like

Re: done by Nobody: 9:56pm On Sep 04, 2015
When next u pray to God don't add any silly name u know nothing about cos that's whom u r referring to... But when u pray to ur creator aline, ur God without beginning with jesus name or ending with jesus name u will see changes.. Try it dear and then from there u will get to connect to ur creator...

When u say my creator no other deity dares stand dia except ur creator...

Remember add no name cos the truth in this world is seen as lies and evil while the evil is seen as good

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

OAP Freeze Abuses Pastor Adeboye: They Don’t Read The Bible, They Only Brainwash / Muslims Penisess Will Never Soften. Eternal Erection Awaits All Muslims In Islam / Christianity Is The Only Religion Of Peace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.