Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,478 members, 7,823,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Note To Nigerians: Before You Upgrade To Windows 10 - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Note To Nigerians: Before You Upgrade To Windows 10 (3003 Views)

Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July / Before You Upgrade To Free Windows 10, Read This! / What You Have To Know Before You Upgrade Your Pc To Windows 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Note To Nigerians: Before You Upgrade To Windows 10 by onegig(m): 7:08am On Sep 02, 2015
In recent weeks I have seen hundreds of threads on updating ones Windows to the latest version released by Microsoft and the general enthusiasm of most Nigerians towards this.

However, like every new gadget or technology that is released, most times the end users are oblivious of the hidden facts behind such release and tend to only look at the beautiful and shiny graphics without any checks on how the new system affects their existing conditions.

Here is an heads up. According to Microsoft's newly implemented policy on installation of Windows 10 OS updates.

"All updates are forced upon users with no opt-out ability."

This in layman's language means, you cannot turn off those data guzzling automatic updates.

What is the implications for Nigerian users?

We all understand how our internet services is rationed and expensive. Except for big corporations, most end user data subscriptions are always capped while an average update of windows always tends towards downloads measuring hundreds of megabytes or Gigabytes and which invariably means users who connect their modems to their systems may max out on their data in the space of days due to the forced updates.

To avoid stories that touch or that usual curses on network providers. If you are willing to Upgrade to Windows 10, understand it comes with consequences. You may not have any option than to avoid connecting your system to a modem, phone hotspot or local network if you don't want to zap out your mb in the space of hours.

This is not to discourage people from updating to windows 10. It is a better and sleeker OS in my own opinion when compared to the "graphics laden and hard to navigate windows 8 OS" but nonetheless people need to be aware of its cons before diving into it.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Note To Nigerians: Before You Upgrade To Windows 10 by Nobody: 7:13am On Sep 02, 2015
Alryt
Re: Note To Nigerians: Before You Upgrade To Windows 10 by Nobody: 7:13am On Sep 02, 2015
I bought the setup cd and did direct installation.. But since the update, I noticed my data clears out so fast. Am thinking of downgrading back to 8.1 soon.
Re: Note To Nigerians: Before You Upgrade To Windows 10 by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 02, 2015
Eidosky:
I bought the setup cd and did direct installation.. But since the update, I noticed my data clears out so fast. Am thinking of downgrading back to 8.1 soon.
please where did you get the cd
Re: Note To Nigerians: Before You Upgrade To Windows 10 by Nobody: 4:07pm On Sep 02, 2015
Kyri:
please where did you get the cd
am in Port Harcourt...
Re: Note To Nigerians: Before You Upgrade To Windows 10 by samweb12: 5:47pm On Sep 02, 2015
Windows10 is the beast among all windows so guys cam down and look for the right IOS setup and Download it
Re: Note To Nigerians: Before You Upgrade To Windows 10 by computerboy: 6:00pm On Sep 02, 2015
Don't worry OP I've got that covered
Re: Note To Nigerians: Before You Upgrade To Windows 10 by suretman(m): 2:30pm On Sep 20, 2015
onegig:

This is not to discourage people from updating to windows 10. It is a better and sleeker OS in my own opinion when compared to the "graphics laden and hard to navigate windows 8 OS" but nonetheless people need to be aware of its cons before diving into it.

Hello bro, I need your help for somthing urgent. Please can I get your whatsapp no or email address?

Thanks
Re: Note To Nigerians: Before You Upgrade To Windows 10 by onegig(m): 9:43pm On Sep 20, 2015
suretman:

Hello bro, I need your help for somthing urgent. Please can I get your whatsapp no or email address?

Thanks

Re: Note To Nigerians: Before You Upgrade To Windows 10 by Gboliwe: 5:42am On Nov 11, 2015
SOS! SOS! Or MAY DAY!

Please call me as soon as you get this. I am being attacked by a virus. It has eaten up my over 2000 music track. cry cry Eaten up my beautiful hunky pictures! angry angry It has even entered my phone SD and before I could understand this, my phone had to be wiped and along went so many of my phone contacts including yours.

Hurry up before I smash this laptop! angry
Re: Note To Nigerians: Before You Upgrade To Windows 10 by pendragon35(m): 4:39pm On Nov 11, 2015
onegig:
In recent weeks I have seen hundreds of threads on updating ones Windows to the latest version released by Microsoft and the general enthusiasm of most Nigerians towards this.

However, like every new gadget or technology that is released, most times the end users are oblivious of the hidden facts behind such release and tend to only look at the beautiful and shiny graphics without any checks on how the new system affects their existing conditions.

Here is an heads up. According to Microsoft's newly implemented policy on installation of Windows 10 OS updates.

"All updates are forced upon users with no opt-out ability."

This in layman's language means, you cannot turn off those data guzzling automatic updates.

What is the implications for Nigerian users?

We all understand how our internet services is rationed and expensive. Except for big corporations, most end user data subscriptions are always capped while an average update of windows always tends towards downloads measuring hundreds of megabytes or Gigabytes and which invariably means users who connect their modems to their systems may max out on their data in the space of days due to the forced updates.

To avoid stories that touch or that usual curses on network providers. If you are willing to Upgrade to Windows 10, understand it comes with consequences. You may not have any option than to avoid connecting your system to a modem, phone hotspot or local network if you don't want to zap out your mb in the space of hours.

Boss pls post ur whatsapp or email no i need ur help pls
Re: Note To Nigerians: Before You Upgrade To Windows 10 by onegig(m): 10:35pm On Nov 11, 2015
pendragon35:
Boss pls post ur whatsapp or email no i need ur help pls

send a pm. or check your email.
Re: Note To Nigerians: Before You Upgrade To Windows 10 by Gboliwe: 12:44pm On Nov 12, 2015
onegig:

send a pm. or check your email.
undecided undecided undecided You didn't answer me?
Re: Note To Nigerians: Before You Upgrade To Windows 10 by onegig(m): 7:35am On Nov 13, 2015
Gboliwe:

undecided undecided undecided You didn't answer me?

Answer you?

I did already sis.
Good morning.
Re: Note To Nigerians: Before You Upgrade To Windows 10 by guseman(m): 2:49pm On May 29, 2016
I don die. After wasting about 7GB trying to update. I then remember NL, then this your thread. Thanks because am about to waste another 3.5 GB

(1) (Reply)

Clean As New UK Used Toshiba Satellite Laptop At Affordable Price *sold / Computer Giving Wave Scrolling / How Do I Get Need For Speed Hot Pursuit Product Activation Key "help Me O Guyz"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.