Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,785 members, 7,810,049 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:21 PM

Army Gives 7days Ultimatum To Community To Fetch Out The Killers Of Soldier - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Army Gives 7days Ultimatum To Community To Fetch Out The Killers Of Soldier (741 Views)

'Even In Heaven You Are Still A Sailor'; Friends Mourn Death Of Soldier. Photos / Amurie Nkporo Loving And Caring Community To Visit / Nigerian Army Gives Final Warning To Boko Haram Terrorists! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army Gives 7days Ultimatum To Community To Fetch Out The Killers Of Soldier by information1: 8:55am On Sep 02, 2015
Military authorities in Rivers State have given a one-week ultimatum to eight communities in Emohua Local Government Area of the state to fish out and surrender the gunmen, who allegedly ambushed and shot dead a soldier and police officer, while they were on duty along the Emohua-Kalabari Road in the area.Niger Delta Voice gathered that the incident occurred last week, and both the army and police in the state were furious. A trustworthy source hinted that the new Brigade Commander in charge of Rumuokoro Army Barracks in Port Harcourt stormed Emohua with three vehicles, fully loaded with fierce-looking military men and drove straight to the palace of the paramount ruler of Emohua Kingdom, HRM, Eze V.C. Okor.

The source said:
“During the visit, the brigade commander gave the eight communities of Emohua one-week ultimatum to produce the killers of the officers, otherwise the communities will face the wrath of the command.”

At the time of this report, a number of residents had fled the kingdom. The trepidation is what will happen to them if they remain in the area after the one-week ultimatum expired and the communities were unable to surrender anybody to the security agencies as the killers, having declined knowledge of the gunmen. The Emohua monarch distan-ced the communities from the killers, but condemned the act.

What Brigade Commander told me—Monarch

The royal father said that the brigade commander in charge of Rumuokoro Army Barracks in Port Harcourt visited his palace on Monday and told him that the army discovered corpses of two security personnel, along Emohua-Kalabari Road.The monarch called on the government to promptly intervene in the matter and ensure that justice was no breakdown of law and order.
The monarch told Niger Delta Voice:

“When the commander left, I called for a meeting. The visit was shocking to me. So I passed on the message that the commander brought. “In the meeting, we appointed three people to go to the Rumuokoro Barracks to see and pacify the commander not to wage war against us in their investigation.“We have not had problems with any security operative and we do not groom gunmen here. So there is no way the community should be robed into such crime.”

First son of the monarch, who is the Nyewe Eli Emohua, Prince Chigozie Okor, confirmed that the people were alarmed at the approach of the military to the matter, saying it was wrong for the army to have concluded that the killers of the security personnel were from Emohua simply because the unpleasant incident happened in the area.
He said:

“We do not understand the reason why the soldiers will walked straight into our community to demand that we provide the gunmen who killed two of their men.

“The road where the officers were killed is a major route to three other local government areas in the state, namely Degema, Asari-Toru and Akuku-Toru, why should they point finger at Emohua? “They should carry out investigation on the killing and bring the perpetrators to justice; they should not involve civilians, who do not have what it takes to carry out such task.”

Divisional Police Officer, DPO, in charge of Rumuji Police Divisional Headquarters, who spoke to Niger Delta Voice on phone, said:

“The issue was not officially reported to us. “I have visited Emohua community. We discussed and they have appointed people to see the commander. We are in touch with the two parties to ensure peace.”

https://informationengine./2015/09/01/army-gives-7days-ultimatum-to-community-to-fetch-out-the-killers-of-soldierpoliceman/

Re: Army Gives 7days Ultimatum To Community To Fetch Out The Killers Of Soldier by Bacteriocin(m): 8:56am On Sep 02, 2015
e don set
Re: Army Gives 7days Ultimatum To Community To Fetch Out The Killers Of Soldier by MikelEleta(m): 8:57am On Sep 02, 2015
Have the communities now become the law enforcement agents who re been paid with tax payers money to fetch out criminals? I dunno ow we behave in dx country. I wud loive for d follow up of dx story to be brot bck after one week xo we effectively monitor wah happened cos I knw nd ve read what soldiers can do in dx situatn wen dy tk d laws into their hands. Two wrongs can NEVER make a right. Let dem fetch out d killers themselves nd deal wid dem as d law permits
Re: Army Gives 7days Ultimatum To Community To Fetch Out The Killers Of Soldier by dangote7510(m): 8:59am On Sep 02, 2015
war
Re: Army Gives 7days Ultimatum To Community To Fetch Out The Killers Of Soldier by benedictnsi(m): 8:59am On Sep 02, 2015
I love the boldness.... But I pity people weh go collect.... That community eeh, some go hear am.... All these soldiers weh d slap stretch marks enter person body...
Re: Army Gives 7days Ultimatum To Community To Fetch Out The Killers Of Soldier by marshalcarter: 9:23am On Sep 02, 2015
This means WAAAAAAR grin
Re: Army Gives 7days Ultimatum To Community To Fetch Out The Killers Of Soldier by jumper524(m): 9:29am On Sep 02, 2015
i'm sure the community knows about the killer if not the soilders wouldn't react in such manner.
The best the community can do is to fish out the killer. if not people would lose their lives and they would transfer the c.o in charge. Ask badagry police watin hapen for 242 recce batalion barrack
Re: Army Gives 7days Ultimatum To Community To Fetch Out The Killers Of Soldier by Visocrate(m): 9:49am On Sep 02, 2015
no be small thing una don enter one Chance
Re: Army Gives 7days Ultimatum To Community To Fetch Out The Killers Of Soldier by daniska3yaro(m): 10:53am On Sep 02, 2015
Hmmm

(1) (Reply)

Http://puregarciniaelitefacts.com/regenes-lift/ / SERIOUSLY! Dead Man Was Made Asthe Guest Of Honour At His Own Wake-keep (photos) / How To Cope With Traffic On Third Mainland Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.