Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Level Up To Lose Weight - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Level Up To Lose Weight (345 Views)

How To Lose Belly Fat Fast / Eat More Beans If You Want To Lose Weight / Lose weight naturally within 9 days without any side effect. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Level Up To Lose Weight by Chibuzoc(m): 11:53am On Sep 02, 2015
BY LEO BABAUTA
I know a lot of people who want to lose weight but are stuck, like I was in 2005.
They want to get healthy and fit, but can’t seem to stick to a diet or exercise plan. They start, and then fail, and then feel bad about it.

This was where I was 10 years ago, and I’m happy to tell you that it’s possible to change.
The secret lies in leveling up.
Like a video game, the way to changing your health habits is by starting out at the first level, and only going to the next level after you’ve beaten the one before that. The problem is that most people start at Level 10 and fail, and wonder what happened. Most of us want to skip several levels, but we’re just not ready.
So the secret is to start at Level 1, and only advance once you’re done with that level. One level at a time, you’ll master the game of losing weight and getting healthy.
Here’s my guide to leveling up.
Level 1
Please, for goodness sake, don’t make the mistake of skipping this level because it sounds too easy. The easy levels are where you gain your skills.
You need to do two very easy things in this level:

Start walking just for a few minutes every day.
Reduce your eating by a little bit. A very little bit.

The walking should be as simple as walking around the block a couple times, or going to a nearby park for just 5-10 minutes. It should seem so easy that you feel a little dumb not doing more.
Why should it be so easy? Because you’re not ready for higher levels yet. You might think you are, but if you haven’t been regularly exercising for awhile, you aren’t.
The eating could just be as simple as putting a little less on your plate at dinner, or having one less soda a day. Make it almost unnoticeable.
Only progress past this level after you’ve successfully done it for a week.
Level 2
Remember, don’t go to this level until you’ve had a streak of 7 days of doing Level 1.
Here are the two things to do in this level:

Walk every day for a few minutes more. If you’ve been going around the block twice, make it three times. Or add 5 minutes to your walking.
Eat a little less than in the previous level. Just a little less — not really noticeable.

You’ll slowly adjust to the new levels of walking and eating. Do this for another week before going to the next level.
Continue reading @http://blackasset..com/2015/09/level-up-to-lose-weight.html

(1) (Reply)

The Unbelievable Anti-cancer Effects Of Lemongrass Essential Oil / The Top Fat-burning Foods / OMG: Little Girl At An Internally Diplaced Person Camp In Borno With Cancer Of..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.