Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Here’s Why Record Labels Don’t Last Long In Nigeria- Don Jazzy - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Here’s Why Record Labels Don’t Last Long In Nigeria- Don Jazzy (616 Views)

Don Jazzy And Rihanna Carrying Korede Bello In Edited Family Photo / D'banj: "Yahoo Boys Own Most Of The New Generation Record Labels" / ‘young Celebrity Marriages Don’t Last Because Of Social Media’ – Joke Silva (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Here’s Why Record Labels Don’t Last Long In Nigeria- Don Jazzy by Mchayy(m): 12:42pm On Sep 02, 2015
Mavin records boss Don Jazzy opened up to TheNET in a recent interview on why record labels in Nigeria don’t last long.

Don said most record labels in Nigeria put money first instead of their artistes.

Jazzy also said he’s passionate about his artistes than making money. And his lawyers believe his record label acts are cheating him.

In his words:

I think I was born to do this, there are other record labels doing well also but in my research, I don’t think there’s any record label that’s as passionate about the careers of their artistes as much as I am. I’m over passionate about my artistes. Until the last man blows, am not happy, I think about their success before I think about making money but most labels are always interested in making back the money they’ve invested and making profit.

“Don’t you ever worry about the money you spend and the possibility of not recouping it, ‘I believe in the talent that God has given me, and I believe I’ll make many more hit songs, so if you believe in what you are doing and you work very hard, money will come, you don’t need to be greedy and expect to make all the money in the world when your artiste is not making money. Sometimes my lawyers tell me the way my artiste contract is set up is wrong because I’m cheating myself with the sharing formula, but I don’t think I’m cheating myself, I think I’m making my artiste very comfortable and in the long run, we’ll be fine because I care more about my name and the glory than the money, but most labels care more about the money than the glory”.

http://nexthop.com.ng/heres-why-record-labels-dont-last-long-in-nigeria-don-jazzy/

Re: Here’s Why Record Labels Don’t Last Long In Nigeria- Don Jazzy by holyteeboy(m): 12:51pm On Sep 02, 2015
Noted

lets see if his label will last long
Re: Here’s Why Record Labels Don’t Last Long In Nigeria- Don Jazzy by sathel(m): 3:23pm On Sep 02, 2015
I so much love diz man..boss of life

(1) (Reply)

Airtel Unlimited Free Browsing Is Back Comfirm Working / Beyonce & Jay Z Gets Kicked Out Of Their Home / “The Wedding Bells Will Soon Ring”-Tayo Faniran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.