Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

Help Out Qleyo! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help Out Qleyo! (1046 Views)

Please I Wanna Become A Software Developer.help Out Pls / HELP: Programmers In The House Please Help Out / Please Help Out With Java Program (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Help Out Qleyo! by sammiee: 8:26pm On Oct 03, 2006
saw ur threads .thanks 4 helping out guys like us with those links(they've been really helpful).i am interested in programming .heard of C, C++, java e.t.c pls of what relevance are they in real life situations. am studying auto mechanics , cars are gettin computerised today,can u detail me on the kind of progams used in todays automobiles.if u dont mind my email i.d is sam_jen2001@yahoo.com,n can i hav urs or any other contact add. thanks.i'll be expecting ur reply.help out!!!
Re: Help Out Qleyo! by qleyo(f): 9:41pm On Oct 08, 2006
lol haha, I'm flattered, a whole topic just for me. Have you ever heard of control design? Lets look at a real life car scenario , we have ambient temperatures (taken from thermistors, these are resistors that vary with temperature - so with some simple analogue to digital conversion we can convert, using a simple voltage divider circuit, digital readings to celsius/fahrenheit) we also have the current speed (from other sensors) etc all this data feeds into a "black box" your car engine management system. Theres something else in you car called the testline and OBD2 port these things monitor thousands and thousands of data and send binary numbers which correspond to a chart of statuses (fuel low, break fluid low, etc) that is what controls the lights on your dashboard.

Now how do all these relate to programming? The management system has a processor(s) that monitor all this data and trigger subsequent readings. Infact in a really new car other sensors monitor data from the car tyres, when you steer and are able to over ride certain things to avoid skidding (ABS for example)
The list goes on my love, even the fuel/oxygen mix is being digitised.

(1)

Vb.net Webpage Value Transfer / Fortran Programming / Help I Need C Compiler

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.