Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,801 members, 7,851,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:52 AM

Need Recipe Now - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Need Recipe Now (874 Views)

(PHOTO) Introducing New Recipe- GREEN EBA A.k.a 'ebbage'. / Recipe For Losing Weight..... Lose 12kg In Two Weeks / Ofada Stew Recipe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Recipe Now by Nobody: 9:50am On Apr 03, 2009
pls. i need a recipe on how to make party taste like stew with lovely aroma.
Re: Need Recipe Now by AmakaOne(f): 3:41pm On Apr 03, 2009
huh?
Re: Need Recipe Now by bluespice(f): 4:01pm On Apr 03, 2009
abeg i need a recipe jare
ive got brocolli, parsley, lamb cuts, cubed seasoning, curry, thyme,oregano, rosemary,basil, fresh tomatoes, pureed tomatoes, bell pepper, chilli(fresh n crushed), salt, flour, baking powder, sugar,all purpose flour,eggs, rice n pasta

yes i just got back from grocery shopping tongue
Re: Need Recipe Now by AmakaOne(f): 5:14pm On Apr 03, 2009
@bluespice

Ingredients
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 11/2 pounds lamb cut into chunks
• 1 large onion, peeled and cut into slices
• 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
• 6 medium-sized firm ripe tomatoes, peeled and cut crosswise into slices
• 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh hot chilies
• 2 whole cloves
• 1 teaspoon sugar
• 1 teaspoon salt
• ½ cup all purpose flour
Method
1. Put flour in a bowl and roll lamb chunks in the flour.
2. In a heavy 10 to 12-inch skillet, heat the oil over moderate heat until a light haze forms above it. Add the lamb and brown it a few pieces at a time. Turn the pieces frequently with a slotted spoon and regulate the heat so that they colour richly and evenly without burning. As the lamb browns, transfer the pieces to a plate.

3. Pour off and all but 2 tablespoons of fat from the skillet and drop in the onion slices and the garlic. Stirring frequently and scraping in any brown particles that cling to the bottom of the pan, cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the onions are soft and golden brown. Stir in the tomatoes, chilies, cloves, sugar and salt, then add the lamb and any juices that have accumulated around it.

4. Reduce the heat to the lowest possible point, cover tightly, and cook the Stew for 1 hour, stirring it from time to time to prevent the vegetables and lamb from sticking to the pan. Remove the cover and, stirring and mashing the tomatoes occasionally, simmer for 30 to 40 minutes longer or until the lamb is very tender and most of the liquid in the pan has cooked away. The sauce should be thick enough to hold its shape almost solidly in the spoon.

5. Taste for seasoning. Pick out and discard the cloves and serve the stew at once from a heated platter, accompanied by hot boiled rice and steamed broccoli

Enjoy!!
Re: Need Recipe Now by Epi: 5:24pm On Apr 03, 2009
camelot:

pls. i need a recipe on how to make party taste like stew with lovely aroma.
I am not sure of your ethnic background but the stew recipes (served at parties) that I know of:-

Manish Water  
http://recipes.wikia.com/wiki/Manish_Water

Goat Water Stew
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-220038.64.html

1love

(1) (Reply)

Crispy/crunchy Groundnut / Don’t Tamper With Poor Man’s Ponmo / Training School Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.