Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

WE MUST DO THE WILL OF GOD God-confirming Our Election Part 1. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / WE MUST DO THE WILL OF GOD God-confirming Our Election Part 1. (458 Views)

God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God / Mary Apparition- Confirming Our Election Part 3 / I Think I Now Know A Way To Resist Temptation-confirming Our Election-part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

WE MUST DO THE WILL OF GOD God-confirming Our Election Part 1. by PRINCESSO2: 5:25pm On Sep 03, 2015
What does it mean to be a Christian? I believe in Christ and the bible says in 2 Peter 1-10.
Wherefore the rather, brethren,give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall
I think we need to do everything to confirm our election like for instance Matthew 7:21

Not everyone that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
So I am thinking the duty of we,Christains is to do the will of God and not go after the desires of our flesh. Colossians 3:5 - Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:

Remember that James 1:22
But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
We must do the will of God. To be holy, to be merciful, to show love and do to others what you will have them do to you, To preach the gospel.

John 15-9As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. 10If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Matthew 22 -Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38This is the first and great commandment. 39And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
Re: WE MUST DO THE WILL OF GOD God-confirming Our Election Part 1. by CaptainJune: 7:17pm On Sep 03, 2015
Nice article, PRINCESSO2. I just want to share things I noticed while reading your article.

You said
What does it meant to be a Christian?

It should read mean.

I can't help but wonder why you ended your article with the phrase 'Whatever it is' especially since it comes after
To preach the gospel.
Does it mean whatever the gospel is? That would imply something else because there are different gospels floating around the world contradicting the Word of God but we are more concerned with the true gospel of Jesus Christ.
Re: WE MUST DO THE WILL OF GOD God-confirming Our Election Part 1. by PRINCESSO2: 3:47pm On Sep 04, 2015
We should preach only the true gospel of Jesus Christ.And do whatever God wants.I have corrected my mistakes.Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Rich Men Of God, Please Help Nigeria! / Robert Powell Not Jesus Christ? / Is Praying Before Eating Still Existing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.