Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,003 members, 7,814,421 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Another Container Falls In Lagos This Morning (Photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Another Container Falls In Lagos This Morning (Photos) (45203 Views)

Another Container Falls On Ojuelegba Bridge / Photo: Another Container Falls In Apapa / Another Container Falls At Ojuelegba. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Container Falls In Lagos This Morning (Photos) by tsdarkside(m): 12:25pm On Sep 04, 2015
can someone explain to me,how a container falls one the side....you must be a very very very bad driver to accomplish this..............................
Re: Another Container Falls In Lagos This Morning (Photos) by GodwinTobi(m): 12:28pm On Sep 04, 2015
Lagos slogan should be chanhge from d land of excellence to d Land of Disaster..

1 Like

Re: Another Container Falls In Lagos This Morning (Photos) by Nobody: 12:29pm On Sep 04, 2015
Who fell it?
Re: Another Container Falls In Lagos This Morning (Photos) by GodwinTobi(m): 12:29pm On Sep 04, 2015
Lagos slogan should be chanhge from d land of excellence to d Land of Disaster.. Is either we hear for building collapse,tanker disaster, flood, 3yrs raping 99yrs old woman or container falling from a truck

1 Like

Re: Another Container Falls In Lagos This Morning (Photos) by KakiP(m): 12:35pm On Sep 04, 2015
One fell at Apapa too.
Re: Another Container Falls In Lagos This Morning (Photos) by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 04, 2015
Ambode do something.
Re: Another Container Falls In Lagos This Morning (Photos) by kosokoadeyemi: 12:44pm On Sep 04, 2015
Again in lagos ambode should help us for all d bad road
Re: Another Container Falls In Lagos This Morning (Photos) by zheroes(m): 12:59pm On Sep 04, 2015
major issue is irresponsible government officials. whats the situation of the roads? and who should check the road worthiness of the trucks

1 Like

Re: Another Container Falls In Lagos This Morning (Photos) by engrhorla(m): 1:02pm On Sep 04, 2015
obinnajr:
BUHARI WHY

E be lyk Bode George don bite person oooo

Mk I dodge b4 Wailing wailers stone me 4 here!
Re: Another Container Falls In Lagos This Morning (Photos) by Masterclass32: 1:32pm On Sep 04, 2015
Cutehector:
Endtime containers

cheesy cheesy !

Atleast no life was lost this time. Maybe govt should wade in and regulate these container guys.
Re: Another Container Falls In Lagos This Morning (Photos) by mbulela: 1:44pm On Sep 04, 2015
Ambode is busy chasing fashola around and looking clueless while lawlessness is trending in Lagos
Re: Another Container Falls In Lagos This Morning (Photos) by flyforall: 1:49pm On Sep 04, 2015
I think PMB needs to take a look at our transportation system
Re: Another Container Falls In Lagos This Morning (Photos) by KoboUP(m): 2:39pm On Sep 04, 2015
na waw ooo...may god protect us all and GOD BLESS NIGERIA and its people
Re: Another Container Falls In Lagos This Morning (Photos) by abatically(m): 2:45pm On Sep 04, 2015
gradeA:
Is this news.

it's unfortunate that Nigeria has gotten to the point where tragic occurrences become normal.

in asaba delta state where I reside, along the asaba - onitsha express way, trucks and tankers tumble daily due to the bad road. And it's just the norm.

Pity!

I drove through that road to and fro last week on my way to owerri from Lagos. There is nothing wrong with that road. Not the smoothest roads yes but it is not very bad either. On my way back on Saturday a container fell on the road and we had to follow one way. We should stop blaming bad roads for every accident, most of these truck drivers are not in the right state of mind. Most of the trucks are in terrible shape yet these trucks go on top speed on the highway. I could remember a day I was driving at 110km/hr and a truck carrying a container overtook me. U can imagine what speed he was going at with all that weight and what damage could be done if he loses control or hits a pothole.

I think authorities should make provision of a phone number to call when we see a truck that is not road worthy or those that drive dangerously. And they should enforce dealing with such trucks. Also no container should leave the port without proper testing to make sure the truck is road worthy. And all containers should be latched to the truck. Jeez everyday I see trucks carrying containers without latching on the truck. This is dangerous.

Look at the truck below, the back tires are completely off and yet it is driven in Lagos. If anything happens now people will blame bad roads.

2 Likes

Re: Another Container Falls In Lagos This Morning (Photos) by Khd95(m): 2:49pm On Sep 04, 2015
lekjons:
this guys're crazygringrin
queenziba what he said was "gworo mouth, shey na talk be this 4 goodness sake" but i no understand ur reply, i bet u must have sent him go heaven come back with that post! gringrin

She's my darling,dnt even ve an idea wot her reply is grin grin grin
Re: Another Container Falls In Lagos This Morning (Photos) by columbus007(m): 2:56pm On Sep 04, 2015
JeffreyJamez:
Na wa o...I just don't get it....is there no way to make this containers stable?
seems these containers won't stable until d economy is stable grin
Re: Another Container Falls In Lagos This Morning (Photos) by oyebolacomfort(f): 2:59pm On Sep 04, 2015
cryNot Again
Re: Another Container Falls In Lagos This Morning (Photos) by lekjons(m): 3:29pm On Sep 04, 2015
Khd95:

She's my darling,dnt even ve an idea wot her reply is grin grin grin
someone told me what they(her post) means, it's totally uncool bro, just forget it!

1 Like

Re: Another Container Falls In Lagos This Morning (Photos) by Cutehector(m): 4:06pm On Sep 04, 2015
ellahzy:

too religious tongue
lool, buh na lie?
Re: Another Container Falls In Lagos This Morning (Photos) by Nobody: 5:11pm On Sep 04, 2015
queenzibah:
ara na enwero nwanne gba gbuoo gi. Anu mpama , uzu mia gi na umu nna gi onu. Otule
Typical Anambra lady
Re: Another Container Falls In Lagos This Morning (Photos) by osnova(m): 5:49pm On Sep 04, 2015
grayht:
Typical Anambra lady
nwanne... I no dia
Re: Another Container Falls In Lagos This Morning (Photos) by juman(m): 7:47pm On Sep 04, 2015
Government is failing the people.
Re: Another Container Falls In Lagos This Morning (Photos) by sameolg616(m): 10:45pm On Sep 04, 2015
thats what has plaqued the ambode govt in its first few months....try and count if u can..
Re: Another Container Falls In Lagos This Morning (Photos) by FabioPeter: 1:18am On Sep 05, 2015
Falling containers is not new especially in Lagos, it just happens that the last incident at Ojuelegba was sensational and widely reported, which is a good thing because it puts FRSC's failure on the spotlight. They in turn will make better effort to avert these kind of incident at least to remedy their reputation.

The standard practice is to belt these containers to the articulated trailer that carries them, the cost of the belt is almost negligible relative to the damages and loss caused by fallen containers.

This belting as a matter of fact is a law and should be enforced by FRSC.

1 Like

Re: Another Container Falls In Lagos This Morning (Photos) by ModiKen(m): 1:20pm On Sep 05, 2015
JeffreyJamez:
Na wa o...I just don't get it....is there no way to make this containers stable?

What is it u don't get?

Is it the fact that the containers are falling or dat the authorities that are responsible for checking the road worthiness of these container carrying vehicles have failed?

Mr. Man, think right!

The system has failed and the agencies responsible for ensuring the saftey of our roads and the cars, heavy vehicles, okadas, kekes plying them, have failed woefully in their duties........

......and u are still not gettting it.

Smh angry
Re: Another Container Falls In Lagos This Morning (Photos) by Nobody: 8:22am On Sep 06, 2015
BiafranNigerian:
people need to relocating from Lagos..starting from me.
whats stopping u.
Re: Another Container Falls In Lagos This Morning (Photos) by Lexusgs430: 2:49am On Sep 07, 2015
Federal Road Safety Corps and Vehicle Inspectorate O... (VIO), needs to mount patrol @ strategic places where all this lorries are loading.
They must all be inspected and ensure the containers are properly strapped down.
NB: Police Force and Lastma, should also be tasked. Any lorry that falls short - 100k fine (payable on the spot or lorry impounded, till fine is paid.
You would see how quickly they would get their house in order!!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Enugu Centenary And Golf City Is Emerging- Pictures / New Photos Of Man Who Survived Fatal Accident That Killed Over 80 Persons. / Two Survive Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Fire (Graphic Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.