Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,546 members, 7,819,941 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

Brazil – Football: Neymar Is Too Young To Lead Brazil As Captain, Says Leonardo - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Brazil – Football: Neymar Is Too Young To Lead Brazil As Captain, Says Leonardo (1122 Views)

Why I Named Musa As Captain Of Eagles - Oliseh / Football: Neymar Attitude Is Causing A Division At PSG / Pics Of Sports Minister Dalung Jumping Up In Brazil As Nigeria Scored Last Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brazil – Football: Neymar Is Too Young To Lead Brazil As Captain, Says Leonardo by dkn7: 10:03am On Sep 04, 2015
Re: Brazil – Football: Neymar Is Too Young To Lead Brazil As Captain, Says Leonardo by MikelEleta(m): 10:06am On Sep 04, 2015
What kind of careless statement is dis. He is too young to be captain BUT he is nt too young to shoulder the entire burden of a nation on his head. We all knw he s d focal point of d Brazilian attack. He scores, he creates. His score rate for the National team is xo high yet he is still a young man. He is more dan capable of bin d captain. Stop d hate Leonardo

1 Like

Re: Brazil – Football: Neymar Is Too Young To Lead Brazil As Captain, Says Leonardo by dkn7: 10:18am On Sep 04, 2015
You know the Leonardo man is right!...people do confuse talent with leadership skills, forgetting that they are two separate things
Re: Brazil – Football: Neymar Is Too Young To Lead Brazil As Captain, Says Leonardo by obi4eze(m): 2:47pm On Sep 04, 2015
Leonardo is right. Thiago Silva or David Luiz should be captain for now.
Re: Brazil – Football: Neymar Is Too Young To Lead Brazil As Captain, Says Leonardo by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 7:22pm On Sep 04, 2015
Don't mind dat Dunga of a coach
Re: Brazil – Football: Neymar Is Too Young To Lead Brazil As Captain, Says Leonardo by kimco(m): 2:15am On Sep 05, 2015
MikelEleta:
What kind of careless statement is dis. He is too young to be captain BUT he is nt too young to shoulder the entire burden of a nation on his head. We all knw he s d focal point of d Brazilian attack. He scores, he creates. His score rate for the National team is xo high yet he is still a young man. He is more dan capable of bin d captain. Stop d hate Leonardo

Talent does not equate leadership skills. Sometimes they clash and even cause trouble for whoever is involved. Neymar isn't captain material, maybe later if he learns humility and motivation like thiago silver (the guy can go as far as motivating a whole stadium, how great is that)
Re: Brazil – Football: Neymar Is Too Young To Lead Brazil As Captain, Says Leonardo by MikelEleta(m): 4:14am On Sep 05, 2015
kimco:

Talent does not equate leadership skills. Sometimes they clash and even cause trouble for whoever is involved. Neymar isn't captain material, maybe later if he learns humility and motivation like thiago silver (the guy can go as far as motivating a whole stadium, how great is that)
nk Neymar has proved he is nt a good captain or can u giv me a reason y u tink he s not. He s d poster boy of d team nd dy respect him. Wen last did ur Thiago Silva play for d National team. Nid I remind yu dt he wasn't first choice @ d last copa America
Re: Brazil – Football: Neymar Is Too Young To Lead Brazil As Captain, Says Leonardo by Segadem(m): 1:34pm On Sep 05, 2015
MikelEleta:
I just hey laugh with ur statement, so Ighalo shouid also be giving the captain of Super Eagle because he himself shoulder the burden of entire national team the last time we play Chad by giving an assist to Gbolahan and take a bold step to take a decisive penalty that gave us the victory.
Leadership is mature people, maturity in mind,maturity in handling situation and age also is another factor.
Re: Brazil – Football: Neymar Is Too Young To Lead Brazil As Captain, Says Leonardo by MikelEleta(m): 1:44pm On Sep 05, 2015
Segadem:
I just hey laugh with ur statement, so Ighalo shouid also be giving the captain of Super Eagle because he himself shoulder the burden of entire national team the last time we play Chad by giving an assist to Gbolahan and take a bold step to take a decisive penalty that gave us the victory.
Leadership is mature people, maturity in mind,maturity in handling situation and age also is another factor.
I laff at yu more cos ur comparism doesn't hold weight @ all. Ighalo who? Someone who was nt even invited to d National side. Nobdy in d present eahles carries d teams burden. Neymar is Brazil personified nd carries an enormous amt of pressure for d National team. We saw his value to d National team in d recent copa wen afta 2 games he had a goal n 3 assist and afta he left d team crashed out. Wha am sayin is dt if yu say d pressure of captaincy is too much its in no way compared to the pressure he currently has playing for d National team. Even Thiago Silva is not a first teamer for d National team. D same guy dt was condemned for crying instead of motivating his team
Re: Brazil – Football: Neymar Is Too Young To Lead Brazil As Captain, Says Leonardo by Segadem(m): 2:12pm On Sep 05, 2015
MikelEleta:
I laff at yu more cos ur comparism doesn't hold weight @ all. Ighalo who? Someone who was nt even invited to d National side. Nobdy in d present eahles carries d teams burden. Neymar is Brazil personified nd carries an enormous amt of pressure for d National team. We saw his value to d National team in d recent copa wen afta 2 games he had a goal n 3 assist and afta he left d team crashed out. Wha am sayin is dt if yu say d pressure of captaincy is too much its in no way compared to the pressure he currently has playing for d National team. Even Thiago Silva is not a first teamer for d National team. D same guy dt was condemned for crying instead of motivating his team
What I'm saying in summary is/was that, that man is not mature enough to be a captain of brasilla team. Did u watch america copa, how he was red carded, was that a sign of a captain?
Re: Brazil – Football: Neymar Is Too Young To Lead Brazil As Captain, Says Leonardo by kimco(m): 5:08pm On Sep 05, 2015
MikelEleta:
nk Neymar has proved he is nt a good captain or can u giv me a reason y u tink he s not. He s d poster boy of d team nd dy respect him. Wen last did ur Thiago Silva play for d National team. Nid I remind yu dt he wasn't first choice @ d last copa America

Still respecting neymar doesn't mean he is captain material. See what he did at copa america as reference. He ain't ready. He myt be later.experience will help him. Silva myt be playing, but he has better leadership skills to neymar, that much is a fact.
Re: Brazil – Football: Neymar Is Too Young To Lead Brazil As Captain, Says Leonardo by MikelEleta(m): 5:18pm On Sep 05, 2015
kimco:

Still respecting neymar doesn't mean he is captain material. See what he did at copa america as reference. He ain't ready. He myt be later.experience will help him. Silva myt be playing, but he has better leadership skills to neymar, that much is a fact.
The same Thiago Silva who was reported to ve cried wen his team lost instead of showing more courage as a captain. D french team almst ate him raw. Thiago Silva also doesn't ve a gud disciplinary record nd playing in defence or avin a big stature doesn't make him a better captain material. Rmemba he was d captain bfore Neymar took over. D coach isn't a fool to do dt
Re: Brazil – Football: Neymar Is Too Young To Lead Brazil As Captain, Says Leonardo by kimco(m): 5:57pm On Sep 05, 2015
MikelEleta:

Dp.
Re: Brazil – Football: Neymar Is Too Young To Lead Brazil As Captain, Says Leonardo by kimco(m): 6:02pm On Sep 05, 2015
MikelEleta:
The same Thiago Silva who was reported to ve cried wen his team lost instead of showing more courage as a captain. D french team almst ate him raw. Thiago Silva also doesn't ve a gud disciplinary record nd playing in defence or avin a big stature doesn't make him a better captain material. Rmemba he was d captain bfore Neymar took over. D coach isn't a fool to do dt

What? He cried so he isn't a good captain? Dude seriously...he instils vim in his team mates. But when a coach goes about saying the whole team rests on one player and only he, trust me such a team won't last. Silva isn't their ace, granted...but they respect him much more.
Re: Brazil – Football: Neymar Is Too Young To Lead Brazil As Captain, Says Leonardo by Xzbit91: 7:35pm On Sep 05, 2015
while i must admit neymar lacks the attitude of a leader, it is total bullocks to suggest he is too young to be captain, casillas was jus 21 when he became cap'n for both club and country, torres was 19 when he became atletico cap'n. How old was huntelaar when he captained ajax? Its not about the age.
Re: Brazil – Football: Neymar Is Too Young To Lead Brazil As Captain, Says Leonardo by kimco(m): 10:54pm On Sep 05, 2015
Xzbit91:
while i must admit neymar lacks the attitude of a leader, it is total bullocks to suggest he is too young to be captain, casillas was jus 21 when he became cap'n for both club and country, torres was 19 when he became atletico cap'n. How old was huntelaar when he captained ajax? Its not about the age.

This is true. he's wrong on the agge premise

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

FIFA U17 World Cup - Predict And Win / When Your Coach Tell You Chelsea Is Your Next Match / Mikel Obi Laughs As Costa Throws Bib At Jose Mourinho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.