Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,178 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:14 AM

Americans Arrive U.I To Learn Yoruba Language - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Americans Arrive U.I To Learn Yoruba Language (302 Views)

Lagos House Of Assembly Passes Yoruba Language Bill Into Law / Yoruba Language Bill: Lagos Schools Risk N500k Fine, Closure For Non-compliance / LASU Students Defeat U.I, Futa And Others At Inter-university Debate In Funaab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Americans Arrive U.I To Learn Yoruba Language by fkaz(m): 10:51am On Sep 04, 2015
In spite of the sentiments bothering on preference for
the use of English Language at the expense of Yoruba Language, it is interesting to observe that it is still being sought after not only by Africans in diaspora but also Americans and Asians.

Some Americans have arrived the Centre for Yoruba Studies at the University of Ibadan, Oyo State to learn the Yoruba Language. This is however not the first time Americans will arrive Ibadan, to learn the language as four Americans in 2011 graduated from the centre. Watch the video here.

http://www.ladunliadinews.com/2015/09/americans-arrive-ui-to-learn-yoruba.html?m=1
Re: Americans Arrive U.I To Learn Yoruba Language by ayokunlei(m): 10:52am On Sep 04, 2015
O
Re: Americans Arrive U.I To Learn Yoruba Language by olafum1(m): 10:53am On Sep 04, 2015
Hmm
Re: Americans Arrive U.I To Learn Yoruba Language by libertyfather(m): 10:54am On Sep 04, 2015
Why yoruba language all the time? arew we that rich in culture?

(1) (Reply)

When Tragedy Strikes! / (FUNAAB), 2015/16 Pre-degree/ Diploma/ Registration Is Still On. School Contact / Akawibom State School Of Nursing 2015/2016 Form Is Still On. (081-6213-7000)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.